PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Hogan Offensive MVP (not named Brady)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalemPats

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I thought he was sensational today and has been every week. His route running is the best on the team, rarely drops the ball and comes up with big plays. Most importantly he’s our biggest red zone threat. He’s still improving. Might be our best offensive signing since Wes.

Good game, but my money is on the Ghost tonight.

Like...in the league? No.

I thought he was sensational today and has been every week. His route running is the best on the team, rarely drops the ball and comes up with big plays. Most importantly he’s our biggest red zone threat. He’s still improving. Might be our best offensive signing since Wes.
Um, even if you mean his route running is the best since Jules went down, it wouldn't be true. Amendola is a better route runner than Hogan.

But I'm splitting hairs. Your sentiment is correct. He has played extremely well . . . better than I would have ever predicted. Heck, I thought the signing of Cooks would take opportunities away from him, but that's not at all what has happened and I don't think that it's necessarily because of injuries. I think he was going to be featured a lot more even if the WR group was completely healthy. This has turned out to be one of the better signings of the BB era, and I don't think that's hyperbole anymore.

Should have had more last night too. Brady missed him on the opening drive and then he was wide open and would have been in the end zone untouched on the 3rd and 12 and Brady missed him again

You're both overlooking Amendola.
When Dola is healthy and Edelman is out...I feel like he's hardly a drop off. This guy is really good and has maybe the best hands in the league. There's nobody more reliable to make a big catch than Dola and he's an underrated athlete.

When Dola is healthy and Edelman is out...I feel like he's hardly a drop off. This guy is really good and has maybe the best hands in the league. There's nobody more reliable to make a big catch than Dola and he's an underrated athlete.
His hands are as good as Jules but I don't think he gets the same kind of separation.

His hands are as good as Jules but I don't think he gets the same kind of separation.
His hands are easily better than Jules, Jules drops quite a bit of passes. Yeah Jules definitively gets better separation but Dola is better making catches off the ground. Jules is better lining up on the outside as well. Dola is also far more prone to break down. Anyone would def choose Jules over Dola but healthy Dola is a real good player.

Dola was the MVP for the bucs game, but I'll agree with OP, if evaluating the whole season so far.

I'm surprised on how easy he was getting open yesterday, if he is able to maintain his health until the end, he might win the spot over Chris Hogan

Should have had more last night too. Brady missed him on the opening drive and then he was wide open and would have been in the end zone untouched on the 3rd and 12 and Brady missed him again
Unfair to say "Brady missed him" because pressure made Brady rush the throw and the throw was thrown off because he was hit while throwing.

Unfair to say "Brady missed him" because pressure made Brady rush the throw and the throw was thrown off because he was hit while throwing.
Would have made that throw if they didn't trade Mankins.

;)

I think it's a huge dropoff from Edelman to Dola. Edelman is far superior after the catch than Dola and can play on the outside as well. Edelman is 2 notches above DA and if he was healthy we would be 5-0 or 4-1

His hands are better than Jules but I don't think he gets the same kind of separation.

fixed it for you

Completely agree on the separation thing.....and I'd say Edelman is better at avoiding tackles too. With Edelman it's like trying to pick up a slimy slippery fish.

He's certainly doing well for a player a large segment of PFs has cut each and every year.

I think it's a huge dropoff from Edelman to Dola. Edelman is far superior after the catch than Dola and can play on the outside as well. Edelman is 2 notches above DA and if he was healthy we would be 5-0 or 4-1
not with that "defense"

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Hogan definitely is important but let's not forget about the WR who is actually leading the team in most statistics

Brandin Cooks

On pace for over 1200 yards receiving. His 21.1 Yards Per Catch is tops in the NFL

Cooks big play ability opens up a lot in the redzone for hogan, and a lot underneath for Amendola. Without him, they aren't making plays

Love the whole receiving corp as a whole. Hogan and Amendola have done a great job replacing Edelman. Brady seems to take longer getting the ball out to this crew though. Edelman gave Brady the opportunity to get the ball out FAST.

But getting back to the original theme, I really am thrilled with Hogan. It's amazing to me teams couldn't figure out that this guy is a damned good player. Belichick is a genius, spotting how well this guy fits into this offense. Against Tampa, he was essentially Gronk's replacement, as Amendola played the Edelman role, and Cooks was the deep speed guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back