PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics trade Isaiah Thomas, Brooklyn 2018 pick & players for Kyrie Irving

Please feel free to explain how this deal even has a chance to make Ainge immortal.

Ainge's pyramid should already be under construction.

F Ainge for this terrible trade. He should get fired when this backfires. I also have to change my avatar. So long King in the Fourth you will be sorely missed. :(:(:(:(:(

Thoroughbred > Ponies

Biggest concern for KI here is chemistry and leadership. Not talent
The leadership is a huge question mark, kyrie's current resumé in the NBA as team leader consists of entirely 20-30 win seasons.

Those cleveland teams were admittedly garbage, but so was this years OKC team and Westbrook still willed them to 47 wins.

We've never seen kyrie show that ability

The leadership is a huge question mark, kyrie's current resumé in the NBA as team leader consists of entirely 20-30 win seasons.

Those cleveland teams were admittedly garbage, but so was this years OKC team and Westbrook still willed them to 47 wins.

A team centered through russell westbrook will never win anything

I assume everyone knows, but might as well start gabbing about it. I'm of mixed emotions. I hate giving up the Brooklyn pick. Yet its still possible this could work out really well. We could end up with Irving, a 2-5 pick in the draft and the Cavs could end up with both IT and LeBron walking.

... but without much capital left to trade ...

The Green Teamer in me says , "Danny has to know something.."

The 35 year NBA fan in me that sees Irving as a classic *****y, winey millennial wouldn't touch this guy with a 10ft pole

Please feel free to explain how this deal even has a chance to make Ainge immortal.
Brooklyn picks next year ends up at 10. IT walks becauses he Cavs aren't gonna pay a 30 year old 5'6 PG the max. That's if he's even the same player with his hip. Meanwhile, the Lakers suck and the Cs end up with pick 2-4.

Not saying it will go that way, but it certainly is possible.

maxresdefault.jpg

I like it. It was either the Brooklyn pick or Jayson Tatum. I like the deal as i think IT is hurt and Kyrie is the much better player anyway. Pretty fair deal i guess.

Wtf kind of deal is this? You basically just swapped elite point guards and gave up a ton of other valuable assets in the process with nothing in return.

The only difference is slightly less defensive liability with kyrie now over Thomas but thats it.

All did we was widen the gap between us and cleveland, not close it
If you put it that way, you swapped elite PGs, one of whom was 5 years older, is damaged goods and was a total liability on the defensive end (not that Irving is a great defender but he's also not 5'6) .

Last edited:
The word now is that Boston made the trade because they believe that they will be able to sign him to an extension without issue, and that Kyrie has already said he is thrilled and wants to do so.

Figured they would trade Thomas after drafting Fultz, but didn't see this happening

Irving's best move for him was to get out. Doubtful Cleveland wins it all next year, and James' best years are past. He was a babe when he came in to the league. He wants to be the man - he has his chance.

Cleveland got the better of this trade, IMO. Boston just traded away IT and their chance to get a quality big to the Cavs and Kyrie may only be on the team for another two years.
SO when the LA pick is 2 and the Brooklyn pick ends up 10?

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back