PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Caserio Likely Leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re right. I’d add Schiano (who was here for a micro second) as a semi recycle.

Nah prefer someone more cerebral for the GM replacement.

1. I should have known better than to click the link and read that story. It offered NOTHING new other than a common sense type of connect the dots speculation. "Brady's era is coming to an end, so lets leave the sinking ship". That was IT. What a joke.

2. At this point I don't care if he stays or goes. I really want him to stay. He's rather a unique asset. No other GM type has a role on the practice field and in the booth on game days. Clearly he's done a very good job while he's here, but so have others. So I'll join the growing chorus of fans who hope he stays but will be OK if he goes and that's that.

3. If he goes, there seems like a lot of old names that could fit right back in and will likely be available. Pioli is available. Dimitrov and Licht will likely be available. Losing Casserio WOULD be a loss, just like all the other names that have left the nest over the years. But the FACT is, the culture is so deep that others simply fill the blanks. Just think about how we all were wondering how the defense would function this year, remember. Well, so far so good. ;)

Leave now.

Success to me is measured by franchise trophies and not getting to the post season to choke.

BOB is an axxhole to get along with and Caserio will be expected to deliver a championship pronto. Good luck to Houston if Nick has been the guy draffting WRs around here.

This news is not as bad as AB not coming back.

If he moves on as expected, I'll wish him well.

LaCanfora is reporting that the chances of Caserio staying with New England are "beyond slim".

Patriots exec Nick Caserio likely headed to Texans in 2020 after Houston's failed bid last spring

This depresses me at a number of levels.

- The article suggests he's moving on because New England is coming to the end of it's run with TB nearing retirement. This is puzzling because any team with a mobile QB (like Houston) is one hit away from being in the same position & the Pats have a pretty good track record developing QBs. It makes no sense to me that Nick would leave the Pats because of the QB situation.

- BOB has final say over Texans personnel. If Nick is leaving to prove he can run an NFL franchise, why Houston? BOB has final say over personnel. Even if he doesn't have this written into his contract, that's effectively how the franchise operations In fact, not only does he have control over player personnel, he has control over front office personnel. He personally had the Texans last 2 GMs fired! So why would Caserio leave for ostensibly the same role he has with the Pats?

- This all has me concerned that there is something about the Pats organization that makes it a difficult work environment and the people that should be leading the post-BB Pats are leaving. I always thought the post-BB Pats would be led by the Caserio/McDaniels team. It looks like this won't be happening.

- The competitive environment in the league is shifting, with Patriot coaches and front office types finally having success. The Houston Patriots are building a sustainable franchise that will challenge NE's AFC dominance. The Detroit Patriots are not far behind and soon the whole league will be knocking over themselves to raid the Patriots coaching staff.

I disagree with the first point. Watson could very well be a top 5 QB in the league for the next 7-10 years. It absolutely makes sense that "the QB situation" would factor into this decision based on talent (although generally GMs probably care less about that then coaches when taking new jobs).

I highly doubt Caserio looks at this and says "Watson's a mobile QB so it's not an attractive opportunity". That's much more of a fan mindset IMO. I'm not sure why you think the rushing component is so much of Watson's game either, he generally rushes 4-5 times a game. He's not RG3 / Vick / Jackson, he's more on the level of Aaron Rodgers in his prime.

1. I should have known better than to click the link and read that story. It offered NOTHING new other than a common sense type of connect the dots speculation. "Brady's era is coming to an end, so lets leave the sinking ship". That was IT. What a joke.

2. At this point I don't care if he stays or goes. I really want him to stay. He's rather a unique asset. No other GM type has a role on the practice field and in the booth on game days. Clearly he's done a very good job while he's here, but so have others. So I'll join the growing chorus of fans who hope he stays but will be OK if he goes and that's that.

3. If he goes, there seems like a lot of old names that could fit right back in and will likely be available. Pioli is available. Dimitrov and Licht will likely be available. Losing Casserio WOULD be a loss, just like all the other names that have left the nest over the years. But the FACT is, the culture is so deep that others simply fill the blanks. Just think about how we all were wondering how the defense would function this year, remember. Well, so far so good. ;)
Other than Belichick and Brady EVERYONE is replaceable and the train has rolled along without each and everyone of them that left.
Next man up isn’t a cliche it’s a management philosophy and structure.

LaCanfora is reporting that the chances of Caserio staying with New England are "beyond slim".

Patriots exec Nick Caserio likely headed to Texans in 2020 after Houston's failed bid last spring

This depresses me at a number of levels.

- The article suggests he's moving on because New England is coming to the end of it's run with TB nearing retirement. This is puzzling because any team with a mobile QB (like Houston) is one hit away from being in the same position & the Pats have a pretty good track record developing QBs. It makes no sense to me that Nick would leave the Pats because of the QB situation.

- BOB has final say over Texans personnel. If Nick is leaving to prove he can run an NFL franchise, why Houston? BOB has final say over personnel. Even if he doesn't have this written into his contract, that's effectively how the franchise operations In fact, not only does he have control over player personnel, he has control over front office personnel. He personally had the Texans last 2 GMs fired! So why would Caserio leave for ostensibly the same role he has with the Pats?

- This all has me concerned that there is something about the Pats organization that makes it a difficult work environment and the people that should be leading the post-BB Pats are leaving. I always thought the post-BB Pats would be led by the Caserio/McDaniels team. It looks like this won't be happening.

- The competitive environment in the league is shifting, with Patriot coaches and front office types finally having success. The Houston Patriots are building a sustainable franchise that will challenge NE's AFC dominance. The Detroit Patriots are not far behind and soon the whole league will be knocking over themselves to raid the Patriots coaching staff.
Next man up.....whoops has already been posted.

Do I hope Nick stays? Yes, I do. I think that a few Round 2 WRs and DBs aside, he's helped find many fine players that fit our style.
I freaked out when defensive maven Brian Flores was leaving so soon after losing Elon Musk, I mean Matt Patricia.
But we trusty Pats Fans all know that the irreplaceable parts are Ernie Adams & Dante.

I hope not but i also hope brady can stick around for the next couple of years. It depends on how great he feels and if his skills haven’t eroded.

Jason Laconfora

So expect Caserio to sign an extension and be given the title of GM as Belichick looks to start to tranisition into retirement.

I don’t think the personnel team consists of just BB and Caserio. There’s likely plenty of internal guys they can promote who know the Patriots philosophy well. BB and Ernie Adams are the two most important guys anyway.

How’s that AJ Green report coming along from Laconfora? He’s the Magic 8 ball.

If quarterback play is part of his decision, he should probably rethink it. Forced to bet, I’d put money on Stidham winning a Super Bowl before Watson.

This isn't puzzling if you can actually take fan bias out of the equation.

Watson > Stidham, currently and likely for forever.

Brady is far more likely to retire in the next 2 years than for Watson's career to be over.

What Brady is doing is beyond special, you can't fault people for expecting it to end any day now.

If quarterback play is part of his decision, he should probably rethink it. Forced to bet, I’d put money on Stidham winning a Super Bowl before Watson.

that's a risky bet. Hell, I doubt that Stidham will ever be a starting QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes