PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Caserio Likely Leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pioli, Dmitroff, Weiss, Crennel, McDaniels, O'Brien, Mangini, Patricia, Flores.

Wake me when Belichick retires.

Wake me up when TB retires. NE knows that it’s success derives from Brady. They would never risk losing him. They wouldn’t roll him on a 1 year contract and remove franchise tag to let him test FA.

Oh wait.....

The interesting thing is that McDaniels and Caserio go back to college. If I were Caserio, I would want to extend the dynasty beyond the Brady years rather than try to "fix" the Texans.

Caserio has a pretty good gig...I think it's a mistake if he were to leave. I'm fine with Pioli if they bring in someone from the outside. Keeping it in-house...supposedly these 2 are pretty sharp cookies...

Director of Pro Personnel – Dave Ziegler
Director of College Scouting – Monti Ossenfort

If feels like Pioli should be in his 60's or 70's from all the years he's had a Personnel position...but he's only 54. He's also been with a lot of teams...which can help with trades.

Last edited:
LaCanfora is reporting that the chances of Caserio staying with New England are "beyond slim".

- This all has me concerned that there is something about the Pats organization that makes it a difficult work environment and the people that should be leading the post-BB Pats are leaving. I always thought the post-BB Pats would be led by the Caserio/McDaniels team. It looks like this won't be happening.
The Patriots are under constant scrutiny from the media and fans. They also have a head coach who demands success. These high expectations plus heated personalities probably make the job anything but a picnic. When Belichick/Brady retires, the pressure to remain in contention will continue as management gets put under even more of an intense microscope.

What heading to Houston tells me about Caserio, however, is that he would rather choose a new situation with lower expectations than meet the future challenge of finding a way to keep the Patriots in contention.

All the best to him. However, let's not pretend fleeing from pressure is the sign of a person who places winning as their top priority.

The Patriots are under constant scrutiny from the media and fans. They also have a head coach who demands success. These high expectations plus heated personalities probably make the job anything but a picnic. When Belichick/Brady retires, the pressure to remain in contention will continue as management gets put under even more of an intense microscope.

What heading to Houston tells me about Caserio, however, is that he would rather choose a new situation with lower expectations than meet the future challenge of finding a way to keep the Patriots in contention.

All the best to him. However, let's not pretend fleeing from pressure is the sign of a person who places winning as their top priority.

That's unfair. It could also be making double and taking care of his family.

That's unfair. It could also be making double and taking care of his family.

Maybe it is unfair. But I'm sure Caserio could have gotten more out of Bob Kraft. He is leaving for a lateral position while the Patriots are still a dynasty. This isn't like an assistant getting a head coaching gig. It is what it is. As your post indicates, he valued things more than winning.

This all has me concerned that there is something about the Pats organization that makes it a difficult work environment and the people that should be leading the post-BB Pats are leaving. I always thought the post-BB Pats would be led by the Caserio/McDaniels team. It looks like this won't be happening

What is so confusing?
Nick will get the GM job title and responsibility he doesn’t have now plus 5 times the pay.

Currently Nick isn’t even BB’s sidekick Robin.
He’s Alfred

Monti..... come on down, you are the next pseudo GM of the Patriots.

You’re assuming the BOB situation would remain the same. I don’t see Caserio going to Houston without an agreement that takes a bunch of those powers from BOB and gives them to him.
I can't imagine BOB giving up the power but who knows...

What’s wrong with this? I bet 99% of the people here would trade their job for another that pays more and requires less.

But life’s more complicated than that. Sometimes you just want a fresh start and new environment. Sometimes you want to experience new things.

Thanks for all you did, Bye, Dimitrioff is coming after black Monday anyway.

Last edited:
Wrong thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes