PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Caserio Likely Leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

sportnik

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
LaCanfora is reporting that the chances of Caserio staying with New England are "beyond slim".

Patriots exec Nick Caserio likely headed to Texans in 2020 after Houston's failed bid last spring

This depresses me at a number of levels.

- The article suggests he's moving on because New England is coming to the end of it's run with TB nearing retirement. This is puzzling because any team with a mobile QB (like Houston) is one hit away from being in the same position & the Pats have a pretty good track record developing QBs. It makes no sense to me that Nick would leave the Pats because of the QB situation.

- BOB has final say over Texans personnel. If Nick is leaving to prove he can run an NFL franchise, why Houston? BOB has final say over personnel. Even if he doesn't have this written into his contract, that's effectively how the franchise operations In fact, not only does he have control over player personnel, he has control over front office personnel. He personally had the Texans last 2 GMs fired! So why would Caserio leave for ostensibly the same role he has with the Pats?

- This all has me concerned that there is something about the Pats organization that makes it a difficult work environment and the people that should be leading the post-BB Pats are leaving. I always thought the post-BB Pats would be led by the Caserio/McDaniels team. It looks like this won't be happening.

- The competitive environment in the league is shifting, with Patriot coaches and front office types finally having success. The Houston Patriots are building a sustainable franchise that will challenge NE's AFC dominance. The Detroit Patriots are not far behind and soon the whole league will be knocking over themselves to raid the Patriots coaching staff.

Oh well.

I think there's a good chance Nick outlasts BOB in Houston if that scenario happens so I don't see point #2 being valid.

LaCanfora, isn't that French for LMFAO?

LaCanfora is literally a source that’s so inaccurate you expect the polar opposite to happen. So he is a good reference for that.

LaCanfora, isn't that French for LMFAO?
Pretty much. But at this point, I don’t care. There will probably be some growing pains with his replacement but the machine will just keep humming on as long as Brady is still playing, and BB is still coaching, at a high level.

It's a loss, but the train chugs on. No reason to overthink it.

Pretty much. But at this point, I don’t care. There will probably be some growing pains with his replacement but the machine will just keep humming on as long as Brady is still playing, and BB is still coaching, at a high level.

LaCanfora has gone so long without hitting paydirt he's essentially reset the clock and the next time will effectively be the first.

Pioli, Dmitroff, Weiss, Crennel, McDaniels, O'Brien, Mangini, Patricia, Flores.

Wake me when Belichick retires.

Pioli, Dmitroff, Weiss, Crennel, McDaniels, O'Brien, Mangini, Patricia, Flores.

Wake me when Belichick retires.
In the end, this.

Used to play the « we can’t lose ______ » game. But then, as Lombardis kept strolling in, I realized the train keep rolling. This season is proof : all kinds of defensive coaches have gone in the last two seasons. Yet the 2019 edition is the craziest D yet !

"Nothing is forever except change"

LaCanfora is reporting that the chances of Caserio staying with New England are "beyond slim".

Patriots exec Nick Caserio likely headed to Texans in 2020 after Houston's failed bid last spring

This depresses me at a number of levels.

- The article suggests he's moving on because New England is coming to the end of it's run with TB nearing retirement. This is puzzling because any team with a mobile QB (like Houston) is one hit away from being in the same position & the Pats have a pretty good track record developing QBs. It makes no sense to me that Nick would leave the Pats because of the QB situation.

- BOB has final say over Texans personnel. If Nick is leaving to prove he can run an NFL franchise, why Houston? BOB has final say over personnel. Even if he doesn't have this written into his contract, that's effectively how the franchise operations In fact, not only does he have control over player personnel, he has control over front office personnel. He personally had the Texans last 2 GMs fired! So why would Caserio leave for ostensibly the same role he has with the Pats?

- This all has me concerned that there is something about the Pats organization that makes it a difficult work environment and the people that should be leading the post-BB Pats are leaving. I always thought the post-BB Pats would be led by the Caserio/McDaniels team. It looks like this won't be happening.

- The competitive environment in the league is shifting, with Patriot coaches and front office types finally having success. The Houston Patriots are building a sustainable franchise that will challenge NE's AFC dominance. The Detroit Patriots are not far behind and soon the whole league will be knocking over themselves to raid the Patriots coaching staff.

See: Pioli, Scott.

He left in '09, and the team ended up faring just fine. Just as the team will be fine when Caserio leaves. There's always someone in the wings. It's been that way for quite a while- people from the NEP are always being poached.

live in the present. Let's go 19-0!

A grievous loss. But if he’s doing this for those reasons then he’s faithless and useless here anymore anyway

Get off the train Nick.
I could see a scenario where Nick fires Obrein and brings in McDaniels.
Now that would suck

Wouldn't surprise me if Cesario does leave. I have heard rumors that Tom Dimitroff wants to leave the dumpster fire that is the current Atlanta Falcons team. He would be a good alternative to Cesario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back