PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Caserio Likely Leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else find the road Easterby has travelled a bit interesting ? Can’t say I fully understand. From semi-clergy to GM ?
I would never trust a clergy person to run a football program.:p

seriously though, did he ever play the game or have player evaluation experience? Or does the Texans organization just have that much “faith”?

The Cowboys are not the only team in Texas that has seriously underperformed its talent.

The Cowboys are not the only team in Texas that has seriously underperformed its talent.
Could be correct but Dallas should be really a much more better record team...Houston is still in a better space looking the standings

Could be correct but Dallas should be really a much more better record team...Houston is still in a better space looking the standings
Houston is in a mediocre division. They should be playing for a bye most years, not getting thumped on wild-card weekend or sitting at home.

Houston is in a mediocre division. They should be playing for a bye most years, not getting thumped on wild-card weekend or sitting at home.

Dallas has less of a leg to stand on in that comparison, the NFCE is far from a murderer's row. From an intra-divisional standpoint the AFCS is more competitive than a division that includes the Giants & Skins.

He’s not leaving for Houston if that’s the stance the Texans take. That’s not even a lateral move, working under BoB instead of BB.

He’s not leaving for Houston if that’s the stance the Texans take. That’s not even a lateral move, working under BoB instead of BB.

I don't know about that. Caserio's contract is up, if Houston backs a big enough money truck up to his door they can call the position whatever they like.

I don't know about that. Caserio's contract is up, if Houston backs a big enough money truck up to his door they can call the position whatever they like.
Im sure there is another team that would be interested in Caserio.
Unless Cleveland misses the playoffs I think McDaniels and Caserio could both be back even if Tom isn't.
Im really interested to see how the Chargers season ends.
If it ends with Rivers being benched for Taylor then The Chargers will give Tom the World to finish out his career at home with a insanely talented offense and a very good defense.
If that happens I would sign Mariota and have him and Stidham fight it out.
At worst Mariotta is a good scout team QB for the Jackson Allen's and Wentzs out there.

If it ends with Rivers being benched for Taylor then The Chargers will give Tom the World to finish out his career at home with a insanely talented offense and a very good defense.
At worst Mariotta is a good scout team QB for the Jackson Allen's and Wentzs out there.

LA is not "home" for Brady . . . or the Chargers.

If we beat HOU today, both CLE and HOU may miss the playoff, being beaten out by PIT and TEN.

Im sure there is another team that would be interested in Caserio.
Unless Cleveland misses the playoffs I think McDaniels and Caserio could both be back even if Tom isn't.
Im really interested to see how the Chargers season ends.

Sources say that the Texans plan to continue this offseason and beyond with their current personnel structure rather than hire a true general manager in title. Coach Bill O'Brien has final say, though he essentially works with the team's executive VP of team development Jack Easterby to be in charge of football operations.

I'm confused why we haven't fired Caserio. He went behind the team's back, against the league rules with tampering, and can't be counted on to be committed to his job.

In no way am I disputing Caserio's talent. But how can he have any input on this team when he's got a foot and a half out the door?

I'm confused why we haven't fired Caserio. He went behind the team's back, against the league rules with tampering, and can't be counted on to be committed to his job.

In no way am I disputing Caserio's talent. But how can he have any input on this team when he's got a foot and a half out the door?

As it stands his contract does not expire until after the 2020 draft. So why would the Pats let him walk early with all the draft prep information running around in his head, and quite possibly a memory stick or two?

As it stands his contract does not expire until after the 2020 draft. So why would the Pats let him walk early with all the draft prep information running around in his head, and quite possibly a memory stick or two?
With his lack of loyalty already known, who knows what he is leaking outside of the organization. The fair compromise is to have him sign an NDA with all of the above listed and dismiss him with salary included. I just don't see him adding anything that someone else couldn't do better since they'd actually be motivated and loyal.

With his lack of loyalty already known, who knows what he is leaking outside of the organization. The fair compromise is to have him sign an NDA with all of the above listed and dismiss him with salary included. I just don't see him adding anything that someone else couldn't do better since they'd actually be motivated and loyal.
you know the relationship between the Patriots and Caserio cant be repaired? If it can, then it doesn't hurt to keep him around... he is an asset, they might as well use him until they cant... kida like antonio brown... never should have released him when they did... should have waited until the league made their move

O no how ever will we be able to replace his draft contributions.
I can’t wait til he’s drafting first round jags and second round busts elsewhere hopefully in the conference still.
I mean I could of had a better draft drunk and throwing darts at a draft board.

If the Patriots are pursuing contract extension, my sense is the characterization of this whole situation, in both the media and by the fans, has been way off the mark. (For starters, Belichick mentioned just a couple weeks ago that Easterby had nothing to do with anything. Was it Bedard who started that rumor?) They're not exactly taking Caserio fishing...

Last edited:
Just another offseason. Lost Patricia and Flores over the last couple of seasons and it worked out better than fine for the defense.

Not gonna sweat this departure. Just bring in the Steelers wr scout and offer him the job.:p

I can't believe Nick would leave for Houston, if BOB has final say over player personnel. That would be a lateral move & a career killer. He could be looking to create a bidding war as a free agent, or hoping some other GM role opens up. It could be a sign the BB is in it for the long term. Otherwise Nick would just hold out for a year or two.

As for the Pats, it seems to be the perfect time for Pioli to return. He helped build this thing & has a great relationship with the Krafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back