PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we finally stop pretending that Cam is good?

I thought this before too...but my eyes tell me Cam newton can't throw the ball. So many balls into the ground, wobblers etc.

There is no excuse for 4 passing tds. Everyone thought brady was horrible last year and he still had 24 tds.

Now I'm not saying stidham is good, but it's night and day when he's throwing the ball.

I think this is about bill not wanting to upset the applecart. Players seem to love cam and hes said all the right things. He's taken quite a few younger guys under his wing. Physically he just can't throw anymore and bill knows we aren't winning anything anyway
Bingo. I can't help but think this is it.

Two obvious flaws with this

1. Stidham took two sacks in a little over 10 plays. So there really wasn’t a difference there.

2. Cam didn’t take a sack in a situation where they would have scored right before the half if anything but a sack happened.
1) Never said there was. Simply compared the different treatment of 2 starters

2) Cam did gift wrap a pick 6 at NE's 21 yd line.
Whether NE would have scored 7......3.......or not at all vs KC at the end of the 2nd qtr is worthy of debate. I lean toward a FG.
Cam's pick 6 is not debatable.
The only debatable argument is: Did Cam just kill all hopes of a NE victory vs LA with 45 minutes left in the game?
Hindsight suggests: Yes

Cam was merely a pawn in BB's 7th level of Inception based 9 dimensional chess. This season served only to protect the QB he really wants from the "Guy who replaced Tom Brady" label.

Think about it...

Cam was merely a pawn in BB's 7th level of Inception based 9 dimensional chess. This season served only to protect the QB he really wants from the "Guy who replaced Tom Brady" label.

Think about it...

Omg. It’s not a conspiracy. If Bill that that QB was worth it, he would come out to thunderous applause if he started, lost the next 3 games, but looked good doing it

Omg. It’s not a conspiracy. If Bill that that QB was worth it, he would come out to thunderous applause if he started, lost the next 3 games, but looked good doing it

Harris and Meyers say hello. They were rotting behind Harry and Michel.

It's always a conspiracy

Bill feels guilty for shaggin the Milf so he stockpiled D assets so his kid feels special
".......to hell with the O"

Last edited:
Michel helped us win a SB. What has Stidham done to deserve the benefit of the doubt?

If BB doesn't go to Stid now, then he must have had another "mandate" from Kraft for political reasons. Let's just say it's not kosher these days to bench a QB like Cam. Otherwise, it's clearly in the best interest of the team to try out Stid for the last 3 games. We can all see the stupidity and hypocrisy, I just wish BB would.

If BB doesn't go to Stid now, then he must have had another "mandate" from Kraft for political reasons. Let's just say it's not kosher these days to bench a QB like Cam. Otherwise, it's clearly in the best interest of the team to try out Stid for the last 3 games. We can all see the stupidity and hypocrisy, I just wish BB would.
Might as well try out Hoyer, he has the same ceiling as Stid right now.

Hard to get a true evaluation with Byrd as the number one WR, a guy that would be on most NFL team’s practice squads, and no receiving TE to speak of, not to mention zero off-season.

That said, it does appear Cam’s shoulder is still bothering him by the looks of his throwing motion. It wasn’t always like that.

But last night there’s not a QB in the league who would have beaten the Rams. The left tackle deciding to leave Brockers and Donald unblocked time and time again would have ruined most QBs. Probably would have ended Stid’s season due to injury within a few series.

So when you hear Bill say “Cam is our QB”, these are the reasons why.

oh and that screen pick six was due to Donald holding Harris from getting to his spot. Cam threw it where Harris was supposed to be. How do you watch football and not know this?

Who is pretending he is good?

There's a huge difference between saying he's good and saying that he clearly isn't the answer but everyone else on the team is garbage and at least he can do some things in the run game and is a vet to justify him starting over worse players.
You, for one, are calling for him to be resigned next year. Are you still ready to pay him 30 million?
Stidham has not had any where near enough opportunity to conclude he is worse than this piece of garbage. If he is then he dots not belong in the league. Since we have already seen with our own eyes newton doesn’t belong in the league let’s check the next guy.
You inexplicable and unreasonable hate for Stidham is bizarre.

Might as well try out Hoyer, he has the same ceiling as Stid right now.
Hoyer has been in the league for like a decade. Stidhim is a 2nd year player. Your hyperbole outs you as an irrational hater. No reason to read anything else you post on the topic.

And they ultimately got a shot and then earned more reps progressively. They shined when they got chances.

Stidham has been on the field for 4 games. In 4 games the best thing he did was throw to a wide open Gunner who beat at least two guys and had a great run for a TD. That game was Stidham’s only bright spot. He had 3 attempts and it was garbage time and a player who had been murdering the Chargers was responsible for it. Cam on the other in that very same game threw for 1 TD, ran for 2TD’s and had 0 interceptions.

So aside from one throw in a game he had 3 throws Stidham has either looked terrible or not an improvement over what we had out there already.

Harris and Meyers took advantage and looked good in their opportunities. Stidham has never once went out their and made the case he was better than Cam. Never,

I’ll go to bat for the OP. There is a legion of Cam defenders online:

Absurd

I mean, it certainly doesn’t help Cam’s cause. It was going to be difficult for any QB with those receivers and with eluemunor getting destroyed.

Regardless of who the QB is next year, if we come away with the same recieveing core with different jags, we won’t go far. There’s tons of good FA receivers coming up, Bill needs to pay up.

Wouldn’t mind Cam again on a one year deal to go with a first round QB. Veteran FA market is grim..Brissett would be solid if he’s on a fair deal but, other than that not great.

Hoyer has been in the league for like a decade. Stidhim is a 2nd year player. Your hyperbole outs you as an irrational hater. No reason to read anything else you post on the topic.
Thinking the guy isn't an NFL QB doesn't make me a hater. Playing Stidham now serves no purpose, that was my point.

for what it’s worth, if Stidham was starting from day one and Cam was never signed, the Pats without a doubt would be battling the Jets for the Lawrence lottery. Not sure if 0-16 would be something Belichick wants on his resume, Lawrence or not.

for what it’s worth, if Stidham was starting from day one and Cam was never signed, the Pats without a doubt would be battling the Jets for the Lawrence lottery. Not sure if 0-16 would be something Belichick wants on his resume, Lawrence or not.
I agree. I've said before that a 1 or 2 win season would immediately DQ Bill in my view from any conversation regarding the greatest coach of all time. Shula never had a season like that. Neither did Lombardi.

Also Bill would be on the hot seat if that happened, and rightfully so. Not to mention the fact that league eyebrows would be raised. Tanking deliberately = cheating. The Pats are the last team on the planet that need to be doing anything that could be interpreted as cheating.

Last edited:
Yes Cam is not good, not even average. But I will ask the question...FOR THIS YEAR ONLY, can we stop pretending that BB and McDaniels are good at coaching and player evaluation. For this year...they have been just as bad at their jobs as Cam was at his.

BB is still a top 5 coach of all time, but this year has been a stain on his legacy. Seems like he just mailed it in and never gave the team even a chance to succeed. McDaniels has been horrible, unimaginative, stale and predictable.

Yes Cam is not good, not even average. But I will ask the question...FOR THIS YEAR ONLY, can we stop pretending that BB and McDaniels are good at coaching and player evaluation. For this year...they have been just as bad at their jobs as Cam was at his.

BB is still a top 5 coach of all time, but this year has been a stain on his legacy. Seems like he just mailed it in and never gave the team even a chance to succeed. McDaniels has been horrible, unimaginative, stale and predictable.
I look at it the opposite way. Finishing .500 with this roster and this schedule is a testament to his legacy as a HC.

Imagine Josh coaching this team? We wouldn't have to worry about missing out Lawrence as we'd have plenty of opportunities for at least the next decade to pick right at or near the top of the draft. The Patsies are back baby!

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back