PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we finally stop pretending that Cam is good?

Stop the Stidham hate his first completion last night was Better than any pass Cam threw this season.
I don’t care what color he is I don’t care he wears wacky clothes.
He can’t Throw the ball anymore it’s sad to watch.
Did Stidham get head from Linda or Laura? I don’t get it.
We will only see if we need a QB when the kid gets out there and the bullets are really flying. I wanted Cam to go back to super man but let’s call him what he is kryptonite Cam

Stop the Stidham hate his first completion last night was Better than any pass Cam threw this season.
We will only see if we need a QB when the kid gets out there and the bullets are really flying. I wanted Cam to go back to super man but let’s call him what he is kryptonite Cam
Stidham's season with the Pats: 18/33 212 yards, 2 TD, 3 INT, 56 passer rating, all in garbage time against teams that have stopped trying.

Yeah real superstar the Pats have sitting there on the bench. What is Bill thinking?

.... stop the hyperbole then. Cam Newton threw at least two money to Harry of all people. He had a 31 yard completion. He actually had at least two or 3 pretty good deep ball passes tonight. Which is better than anything Stidham did all season especially tonight where his heat pass was a 7 yard dump off to a wide open receiver who was stationary.

So no even last night his best pass was worse than Cam’s 3 best passes.

And if you want, I’m down to wait for you to compare Stidham’s best passes to Cam’s and we can discuss why you think Stidham’s 7 yard pass was better than Cam’s 31 yarder

Stidham's season with the Pats: 18/33 212 yards, 2 TD, 3 INT, 56 passer rating, all in garbage time against teams that have stopped trying.

Yeah real superstar the Pats have sitting there on the bench. What is Bill thinking?
Stidham has basically one full game of stats. This year He has a 56 passer rating and you find that putrid. Too put things in context, Cam, this year, had 4 games with a passer rating below 56.

Stidham has basically one full game of stats. This year He has a 56 passer rating and you find that putrid. Too put things in context, Cam, this year, had 4 games with a passer rating below 56.
A vet that sucks now >>> a backup that sucks now and will in the future

Bill seems to agree with that too.

Now here's what a real Patriots QB NFL prospect looked like. Made throw after throw with confidence and authority. No deer in headlights look here. Comparing this to Stidham's games is like comparing ice cream to dirt.

New 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo's 2016 Highlights | Trade Alert | NFL - YouTube
They were not picked at the same place and the expection was not the same. Nobody here is saying that Stidham will be Jimmy G or better. You just say that to fit your narrative.

the majority think there is still unknown with Stidham and we want to see him for a full game not just bit here and there. Maybe he will throw 3 picks, maybe not. Stidham is a second year QB, that could be expected. Cam is a 10 vet who I remind you also threw 3 picks in one game this year but that doesn’t bother you when it’s him. But when it’s a 2nd year QB, the sky is falling.

You are one of the worst poster on this forum.

Newton is just filler for the season........we all knew that the moment he signed

Stidham , on the other hand, have some of you fooled that he's any kind of answer

dudes are both awesome.......they're just crappy QB's

Stidham’s only performance with a passer rating above 80 was when he threw three passes in garbage time vs the Chargers. Until last week, Stidham threw an interception every time he touched the field no matter how short it was. Stidham has 1 game over an 80 passer rating, Cam has 7.

The context is, Stidham looks mediocre or terrible every time he goes on the field and he’s probably lucky that it’s very limited so he doesn’t get put on the hook for it and people can focus on Cam being mediocre for 3 and half quarters

They were not picked at the same place and the expection was not the same. Nobody here is saying that Stidham will be Jimmy G or better. You just say that to fit your narrative.

the majority think there is still unknown with Stidham and we want to see him for a full game not just bit here and there. Maybe he will throw 3 picks, maybe not. Stidham is a second year QB, that could be expected. Cam is a 10 vet who I remind you also threw 3 picks in one game this year but that doesn’t bother you when it’s him. But when it’s a 2nd year QB, the sky is falling.

You are one of the worst poster on this forum.
I'm showing you what a viable NFL prospect looks like. Jimmy was one. Stidham isn't. Compare that to anything Stidham has done. Like night and day.

Your strawman building is amusing though.

No reason to think Stidham will ever will be anything in this league. As a 4th round pick that is not unusual. Bill seems to agree by not playing him over a guy who can't pass the ball with the season lost. Sorry if reality offends you.

I'm showing you what a viable NFL prospect looks like. Jimmy was one. Stidham isn't. Compare that to anything Stidham has done. Like night and day.

Your strawman building is amusing though.

No reason to think Stidham will ever will be anything in this league. As a 4th round pick that is not unusual. Bill seems to agree by not playing him over a guy who can't pass the ball with the season lost. Sorry if reality offends you.
Where you are wrong is that I don’t think necessarily that Stidham is viable NFL prospect but I want to see him play with preparation for a full game even if he is worst than Cam. My point is what is the risk? If he sucks, he sucks. The worst that could happen is that he plays good enough to win games in this league and we saw with Cam this year that you don’t need to do much.

I just think it’s a little unfair to use 33 passes spread over 4 games to evaluate a rookie and ignore 8-10 bad games from Cam to justify that he must be the starter.

Michel helped us win a SB. What has Stidham done to deserve the benefit of the doubt?

I'm not saying he deserves benefit of the doubt. I'm just saying my eyes tell me he is a better passer. And we don't really know what we have with him.

I think bill playing cam has more to do with the locker room and his intangibles rather than his on field abilities. The guys love him, he says the right things and he's been helping the young guys develop. I mean look how excited he was when stidham threw the TD. He's a great locker room presence. It's just unfortunately his skills have eroded.

If the reason is cam is less likely to turn it over, well he turned it over in buffalo which cost us the game and had a pick six yesterday

Yet for lancerman and sb1, he is Superman.
Actually this is false. I argued multiple times we should tank and get a QB in the draft. I just have the humility to not think I know more than Bill Belichick on evaluating talent he coaches every day. Some of you guys think you know how to run a football team. At least two prominent posters broached the subject of Bill being on the hot seat for not starting Stidham. Think about that

But for context;

Yes Cam is bad. But this is the same offense that had people on here and in the media claiming Brady was washed. This is the sand offense where over 2 years Stidham has had a 37, 39, 39, 39, 149, and 77 passer rating across 6 game appearances and the 149 was off 3 attempts which was his second lowest in any game he’s been in.

We can all walk and chew gum at the same time. Cam’s not good, our offense isn’t good and 4 QB’s have looked bad under it and have been criticized, one of them left and proved he could bounce back in a different situation.

Can not being good doesn’t mean Stidham is, and it doesn’t absolve the rest of the offense for their massive problems, and it certainly doesn’t make Belichick wrong in his assessment of Stidham and he sure as hell doesn’t owe a single person here enough to go against his judgment so he can start someone he doesn’t think is good because you need it proved even further

Where you are wrong is that I don’t think necessarily that Stidham is viable NFL prospect but I want to see him play with preparation for a full game even if he is worst than Cam. My point is what is the risk? If he sucks, he sucks. The worst that could happen is that he plays good enough to win games in this league and we saw with Cam this year that you don’t need to do much.

I just think it’s a little unfair to use 33 passes spread over 4 games to evaluate a rookie and ignore 8-10 bad games from Cam to justify that he must the starter.
You're forgetting Bill has seen a lot more than what we fans have seen like those 33 passes in meaningless football situations. Stidham has had 2 camps, lots of practices and obviously has not impressed Bill if this is the decision he's made. His sub par stats is one factor in that decision but it's not the only or even the biggest factor.

Bill doesn't owe us fans a showcase.

"If he sucks, he sucks" - I don't think that's much of an argument to start a QB.

Actually this is false. I argued multiple times we should tank and get a QB in the draft. I just have the humility to not think I know more than Bill Belichick on evaluating talent he coaches every day. Some of you guys think you know how to run a football team. At least two prominent posters broached the subject of Bill being on the hot seat for not starting Stidham. Think about that

But for context;

Yes Cam is bad. But this is the same offense that had people on here and in the media claiming Brady was washed. This is the sand offense where over 2 years Stidham has had a 37, 39, 39, 39, 149, and 77 passer rating across 6 game appearances and the 149 was off 3 attempts which was his second lowest in any game he’s been in.

We can all walk and chew gum at the same time. Cam’s not good, our offense isn’t good and 4 QB’s have looked bad under it and have been criticized, one of them left and proved he could bounce back in a different situation.

Can not being good doesn’t mean Stidham is, and it doesn’t absolve the rest of the offense for their massive problems, and it certainly doesn’t make Belichick wrong in his assessment of Stidham and he sure as hell doesn’t owe a single person here enough to go against his judgment so he can start someone he doesn’t think is good because you need it proved even further

"Washed" brady had 24 Tds and 8 interceptions. Cam newton has 5 passing tds and 10 interceptions.

Not saying the offense isn't part of it. It definitely is. But my eyes tell me Cam Newton has poor mechanics and is a statue in the pocket.

I mean there's times guys are wide open and he throws it at their feet or can't hit the side of a barn

Imagine Josh coaching this team? We wouldn't have to worry about missing out Lawrence as we'd have plenty of opportunities for at least the next decade to pick right at or near the top of the draft. The Patsies are back baby!
Josh is coaching this team

"Washed" brady had 24 Tds and 8 interceptions. Cam newton has 5 passing tds and 10 interceptions.

Not saying the offense isn't part of it. It definitely is. But my eyes tell me Cam Newton has poor mechanics and is a statue in the pocket.

I mean there's times guys are wide open and he throws it at their feet or can't hit the side of a barn
Yeah there are definitely problems with Cam. However Brady, Cam, and Stidham have all looked bad in this offense over the last two years so that’s part of it and it doesn’t mean Stidham is a better option. Which at this point, with nobody walking through that door, is the only question that matters in regards to the starting QB. Especially when the other side to the coin is the run game where Cam is having another double digit touchdown season, it’s hard to justify Stidham.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back