2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Who is better?

1. Patrick
2. Ben?
3. anyone in AFC East?
4. Carr? -no

Who you got?

There are only 16 teams and at least half of them are putrid (so top 5 isn’t that impressive). But I’ll play.

1. Mahomes
2. Jackson
-
-
3. Watson
-
4. Ben R
-
-
-
-
5. Maybe Cam, maybe not

There are only 16 teams and at least half of them are putrid (so top 5 isn’t that impressive). But I’ll play.

1. Mahomes
2. Jackson
-
-
3. Watson
-
4. Ben R
-
-
-
-
5. Maybe Cam, maybe not
I forgot about Watson

We will see...

Brady was a 60% passer last year with many of the same targets and no rookie TEs.
Historically less accurate Cam will really have to shine to be top 5

Tier 1: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson
Tier 2: DeShaun Watson, Ben Roethlisberger, Cam Newton
Tier 3: Ryan Tannehill, Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Derek Carr, Phillip Rivers
Tier 4: Drew Lock, Gardner Minshew, Tyrod Taylor
Rookies: Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovailoa

Probably best in AFC East. Beyond that- dunno. Let’s see what Josh has planned for him.

Tier 3: Ryan Tannehill, Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Derek Carr, Phillip Rivers
I think Cam is closer to Tannehill & Mayfield than he is to Watson. Much closer. I’d not be surprised if Mayfield outplays him.

I think Cam is closer to Tannehill & Mayfield than he is to Watson. Much closer. I’d not be surprised if Mayfield outplays him.
historically, newton and watson are the same :D

I was gonna say “hell no. He’s not top 5”, until I saw the list.

I think this is far more telling of the state of the AFC’s QB situations rather than anything else.

I think I rank it:

Mahomes, Jackson, Watson, Roethlisberger, Newton, Rivers, Tannehill, Carr, Mayfield, Allen, Darnold, Lock, Tago/Fitz, Taylor/Herbert, Burrow, and Minshew.

So...yes...Cam is in my top 5 for the AFC.

Historically, Montana was better than Watson. But who’d you rather in October 2020 ?

Montana's in the COVID high risk group. Unless Cam's injury history is due to an immune system problem, I'm keeping our guy. Watson, um, I forget he's like Jackson/Mahomes plus 4-5 years?

I hope for both Mahomes and Jackson that they're used in the pocket plus the extra threat they bring at any time. The "highly mobile" game is a bad idea. Looks good at first, but running quarterbacks still break. The NE move might be the single best career extending move Cam N ever made... if we remain true to form. Edit: and by that I mean, if we let him use his legs but contain the Camness of Cam within a gameplan, don't just let Cam be the gameplan.

Meanwhile every self-appointed football prophet will be weeping and gnashing his teeth about how we have to "let Cam be Cam."

i think we need to see cam play in a game, and maybe last a full season before ranking him...

are we going to get the 67% passer that he was with Norv or are we going to get the 55 +/- % passer he has typically been

1 Mahomes
2 Big Ben

Both have won the big one and in Bens case, the Steelers cryptonite has moved to Tampa. I have a 99% confidence rate in Pittsburgh fixing their WR issues and that they will have a functional running game.

3. Jackson

Only because he is the flavor of the month and the NFL has not seen a running QB like him. Watson, RG3, Vick were good, but Jackson is on the next highest tier IMO. Trouble is that Jackson has not taken a bone crushing hit yet, but he will and Im predicting this is the year.

4 Watson

Im not a fan, but hes got a playoff win. Dude has never thrown for more than 26 TDs in a regular season. Not exactly setting the woods on fire. Averaged 4 sacks a game in 2018 and 3 sacks a game, 12 INTS and 10 fumbles in 2019. No thanks.

5 Carr

Pickings are slim. Tannehill is a flash in the pan if you ask me. Josh Allen is Drew Bledsoe 2.0. Rivers? Darnold? Mayfield??

he Steelers cryptonite has moved to Tampa
That's for sure. Too bad KC is anybody's worst nightmare. Baltimore will be a pain in the a**.

4 Watson

Im not a fan, but hes got a playoff win. Dude has never thrown for more than 26 TDs in a regular season. Not exactly setting the woods on fire. Averaged 4 sacks a game in 2018 and 3 sacks a game, 12 INTS and 10 fumbles in 2019. No thanks.
I agree, he's overrated. I don't see anything special about him. KC spottted him 24 points and got outscored 53-0. Pathetic.

And he'll be worse without Hopkins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back