PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam says he regrets not having enough time to understand what he was getting into in NE

Ross12

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
A lot to dissect here. Sounds like a goodbye speech. Sounds negative about NE at first but I think it’s more just reflection.

All well and good but water under the bridge. I think this is a goodbye speech and he knows the team is moving on.

I’d guess it’s probably the last start of his career on Sunday and from what I’m reading he’s fine with that.

I’m sorry ....I was really pulling for the guy....got pumped up with all his workout and football drill videos....wanted to see him make a comeback and prove himself....but he has been one of the biggest disappointments in Pats history. 3 months of extra prep and practice time would have done NOTHING extra for Cam.....guy has been playing the game since Pop Warner age I’m sure ....and to me, McD dummied down the offense to make it easier for Cam.....but here’s the thing to take note of....Cam’s throwing shoulder is junk! He has completely changed his mechanics and throwing motion because of multiple surgeries.....he has trouble hitting a simple screen or slant.....extra time isn’t helping the fact that his shoulder is toast. Another issue for Cam is mental imho....he has so much difficulty making reads and decisions....and has tremendous problems with pressure......and he is ultra predictable! He is 6’6 and he has had a tremendous amount of balls batted down.... we thought Brady was throwing incredible amount of balls into the dirt or stuffing them into receiver’s feet?! Cam makes Brady look great there! Lastly Cam has some of THE worst QB stats and ratings in history of the league!!! Sorry Cam.....your career as a starter is over....not sure if you would be signed as backup either......I pray you will have some change where he can make it back to being tremendous QB ....and I appreciate his work ethic, and leadership with younger guys and for being a great teammate! Good luck Cam!

Love ya cam and i was pulling for you but I doubt a tc would have helped much. He actually looked pretty good the first 3 weeks, slowly regressed from there, and has been awful since the Arizona game. Thats not a trajectory I would conclude was caused by a lack of preparation, if anything the other way around and the rest of the league adjusted to defending him. hes just not the guy for the job.

He made a minimum salary of 1 million. A lot to the average joe but peanuts to NFL starters. Not going to feel sorry for the guy that made a million but I appreciated BB kicking the tires on this guy and I’m appreciative he took the massive pay cut to come here. Yes haters, he didn’t have any offers but he did suck it up and come here to try to prove the doubter wrong, hoping he could see another contract in doing so.

I still wonder if he was injured or just lost his mojo? He fell off the “Kellerman” Cliff after returning from Covid. If you look at some of the throws he made he was decent of atleast placing the ball close to where it needed to be. After his return he could barely throw 5 yards accurately. Last week he looked like he was skipping rocks across a lake with the football. Definitely weird.

At any rate, I wish him well and I bear him no ill will. Both parties tried and it just didnt work out. I almost guarantee there were no other options and that Stidham was not the answer. BB see him in practice every day, if he thought for one second he would be a competent NFL starter, Cam never would of been signed or would of been yanked.

He made a minimum salary of 1 million. A lot to the average joe but peanuts to NFL starters. Not going to feel sorry for the guy that made a million but I appreciated BB kicking the tires on this guy and I’m appreciative he took the massive pay cut to come here. Yes haters, he didn’t have any offers but he did suck it up and come here to try to prove the doubter wrong, hoping he could see another contract in doing so.

I still wonder if he was injured or just lost his mojo? He fell off the “Kellerman” Cliff after returning from Covid. If you look at some of the throws he made he was decent of atleast placing the ball close to where it needed to be. After his return he could barely throw 5 yards accurately. Last week he looked like he was skipping rocks across a lake with the football. Definitely weird.

At any rate, I wish him well and I bear him no ill will. Both parties tried and it just didnt work out. I almost guarantee there were no other options and that Stidham was not the answer. BB see him in practice every day, if he thought for one second he would be a competent NFL starter, Cam never would of been signed or would of been yanked.

Cam made like $5M with incentives, not $1M.

Look, the guy obviously gave a lot here and i can respect that. My issue is, his health clearly deteriorated after only a handful of games, and also his mechanics just arent good anymore, as evidenced by his bounce passes.

An off-season wouldnt have changed either of those two things. Maybe he gets more on the same page with our mediocre receivers, but he still wouldnt have been a great passer, and still would have had the same crappy mechanics. His body can't hold up a full season anymore, no pre-season changes any of the above. I really do wish him the best, but Cam should have retired last year.

How does Cam feel about 6-10?
Happy Cam Newton GIF by New England Patriots

I'll miss his heart.

Why was Bill always so effusive in his praise of Cam? If he was consistently first in, last out, fine, but it seemed like Bill really talked the guy up considering how bad he was.

There was a rumour that Cam agreed to come to NE for a Revis-esque reclamation season. Play for peanuts, and in exchange we'll do everything we can to help you score another contract. I wonder if that, combined with Stidham's ineptitude, explains it.

Learning the playbook wouldn't have changed Cam's passing accuracy unless of course, learning the playbook meant he wouldn't sail balls over receivers or bounce them three yards short of intended targets.

Thanks for the effort Cam but you're done as a NFL caliber QB.

Last edited:
Cam is terrible and should be forever grateful he earned a salary at all this year

hopefully he didn’t squander his past earnings because he’s worth nothing now

Watch him work the audience in this clip and you see that he's "worth" as much he desires after this playing career - certainly someone I'd rather watch than 1/2 the stiffs on NFL primetime etc (and infinitely better than Gronkowski's frat boy shtick).

Cam is terrible and should be forever grateful he earned a salary at all this year

hopefully he didn’t squander his past earnings because he’s worth nothing now
And people wonder why these guys sometimes hate the fans.

I wish Cam nothing but the best. His circumstances sucked but they sucked for a lot of players this season with the way things went with the coronavirus. I think he is done as an NFL QB but the guy has so much charisma and seems to be someone others gravitate to and that is something you cannot teach. With those attributes he should have plenty of post NFL career options and I am sure whatever he does he will do well.

I too was excited by the preseason hype, the workout videos with several pats receivers. Early games showed promise that they could build on....then, he got hurt, sick, league figured him out, all of the above. Wish him the best with his next team.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back