PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam says he regrets not having enough time to understand what he was getting into in NE

It was the BB. Brady culture, I don't see why fans can't see it was just perfect synergy, TB probably would have been a top QB on any team because of his work ethic (Jetes maybe excluded), and BB would probably have had success with another QB.
Well except for a broken down Cam. Doubt any coach would make a difference there.

I fear that since Cam is all 99% about himself that Grogans record is going to fall Sunday.

I hope not...i started to be a fan when Grogan and then Eason were our qb so i have probably some nostalgia too...not good when you start to be old...

If the best Belichick can do is try to preserve the culture, by starting a charismatic hard worker who seems to be, unfortunately, washed up, then that's what he did and God bless him for it. You don't go to 9 Super Bowls without keeping an eye on the future.

It was a bad season, but they fought their asses off and have a solid foundation for 2021, when hopefully they can field a little more talent. If Cam is still around, it is hopefully in a backup/short yardage capacity.
You're wrong on several points...

1. Starting a washed up stiff like Newton right up to the bitter end of the season is not "keeping an eye on the future." Newton has no future in the NFL. He's finished. And if Belichick keeps him around for "short yardage capacity" then we need a new head coach post-haste.

2. The team did not "fight their asses off." You only have to go back to Monday night for a counterexample when they quit by halftime.

3. They absolutely do not have a solid foundation for the future. Seriously, who are the foundational pieces?

4. The most important aspect of leadership on a professional football team is in game performance. That's the culmination of all other aspects. So if you fail miserably like Newton then whatever else you may have done off the field was a means to no end.

worth nothing?
He seems like a well spoken, handsome man who has quite a professional athletic resume.
Life can bring many opportunities, he probably has a very bright future ahead. Who is to say he can’t be the next Tony Romo-like announcer?
Or start a business?
Or a clothing g line?
Heck, if he put the money he earned at Auburn in a mutual fund, he may have a couple million bucks right there.
This is delicious sarcasm. :thumbsup:

It was the BB. Brady culture, I don't see why fans can't see it was just perfect synergy, TB probably would have been a top QB on any team because of his work ethic (Jetes maybe excluded), and BB would probably have had success with another QB. He would have found one to buy into his program, it was lucky he got TB so early in but neither one would go to nine Super Bowls and Win six without the other. It was a perfect storm.
Bill was a great HC who commanded authority and Tom was a great QB who respected authority. It was truly a match made in heaven that turned into hell for the NYFL.

I hope not...i started to be a fan when Grogan and then Eason were our qb so i have probably some nostalgia too...not good when you start to be old...
Mark my words, Belichick's top priority for Sunday's game is Newton setting that record. Belichick will consider it some degree of vindication. Which is a joke really. And one time I'll agree with Bill... stats are for LOSERS.

Cam WAS one of the better running QBs. Not anymore. He sure had plenty of chances though, especially down near the goal line.

I know it was a different era and a MUCH better team, but Steve Grogan, the QB whose record from 1976 that Bill seems to want Cam to break, had less than half as many attempts when he set the record.
C’mon, you can’t really say Cam hasn’t been good at the goal line. That’s one of the few things he’s done really well at it.

worth nothing?
He seems like a well spoken, handsome man who has quite a professional athletic resume.
Life can bring many opportunities, he probably has a very bright future ahead. Who is to say he can’t be the next Tony Romo-like announcer?
Or start a business?
Or a clothing g line?
Heck, if he put the money he earned at Auburn in a mutual fund, he may have a couple million bucks right there.
Unclutch your pearls

to clarify my post, I meant he has no worth as a football player. Not a human being.

You could point to his rushing touchdowns, but if the goal of the team was to lead the league in QB rushing touchdowns and be the worst passing team in football I imagine any RB in the league could run that offense

Tiger Woods Win GIF

C’mon, you can’t really say Cam hasn’t been good at the goal line. That’s one of the few things he’s done really well at it.

Forgot the Seattle game? That was when it mattered most.

Last edited:
Forgot the Seattle game? That was when it matter most.
They had ran that play like four times already. Kinda on McDaniels for not switching it up

Thank God Almighty that Scam didn't break a Real Man's record...bad enough he tied it...

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back