PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam says he regrets not having enough time to understand what he was getting into in NE

I’m sorry ....I was really pulling for the guy....got pumped up with all his workout and football drill videos....wanted to see him make a comeback and prove himself....but he has been one of the biggest disappointments in Pats history. 3 months of extra prep and practice time would have done NOTHING extra for Cam.....guy has been playing the game since Pop Warner age I’m sure ....and to me, McD dummied down the offense to make it easier for Cam.....but here’s the thing to take note of....Cam’s throwing shoulder is junk! He has completely changed his mechanics and throwing motion because of multiple surgeries.....he has trouble hitting a simple screen or slant.....extra time isn’t helping the fact that his shoulder is toast. Another issue for Cam is mental imho....he has so much difficulty making reads and decisions....and has tremendous problems with pressure......and he is ultra predictable! He is 6’6 and he has had a tremendous amount of balls batted down.... we thought Brady was throwing incredible amount of balls into the dirt or stuffing them into receiver’s feet?! Cam makes Brady look great there! Lastly Cam has some of THE worst QB stats and ratings in history of the league!!! Sorry Cam.....your career as a starter is over....not sure if you would be signed as backup either......I pray you will have some change where he can make it back to being tremendous QB ....and I appreciate his work ethic, and leadership with younger guys and for being a great teammate! Good luck Cam!

I agree with most of this except for your comparison to Brady "throwing incredible amount of balls into the dirt or stuffing them into receiver’s feet." Those were deliberate incompletions by him bailing on plays he felt weren't there; Newton's are just bad throws.

Thought Cam did everything he could to be a good team player but unfortunately his skills have diminished much further than any of us could have imagined. I thought the skipped throw to Harry at the end of the half in the Bills game epitomized how far he had fallen.

This is sad. I think everyone wanted cam to be successful. The fans, the pats and of course cam himself. He did everything right here off the field, worked out with the receivers was a leader in the locker room, never made excuses. When he signed here it was like a potential bridge QB dropped from the sky.

Unfortunately it looks like the shoulder is damaged more than we thought. Idk if cam ever starts or plays for a team again even as a backup. I mean his receivers are horrible but 5 passing tds is no excuse

Last edited:
To me, this is more or less predictable. Once injuries start to sap a QB like Cam of his elusiveness, they lose the bigger passing windows that their running threat provided. And if they're not Steve Young-like in accuracy, they end up producing throws like Cam has this season.

His rushing numbers are more a function of design at this point in his career. At least from what I observed (and I do reserve the right to be wrong. If I am, that is fine, and I don't get upset for that), barely any of his rushes came from the spontaneous type of rushing that makes defenses worry.

Watch him work the audience in this clip and you see that he's "worth" as much he desires after this playing career - certainly someone I'd rather watch than 1/2 the stiffs on NFL primetime etc (and infinitely better than Gronkowski's frat boy shtick).

I don't care for either Cam or Rob's 'schtick.' My interest in those guys was/is purely about their football, and Rob is miles ahead.

I appreciate his effort but we might have been better just starting Stidham in retrospect.
We would have won maybe 2-3 games with Stidham. Which, maybe would be better because we’d be getting a QB in the draft lol.

No doubt he looks a nice person and for sure he gave his best with a not more then average WR group and no TE but i think that his skills have simply deteriorated much more then we and probably coaching staff imagined...
6-7 wins at the end are what we could really expected at best

But now is time to moove on...without him

This entire season has been one excuse after another. A few opt outs, mostly on defense, the virus, injuries and now not enough time. The truth is that Cam is a poor excuse for a QB.

We would have won maybe 2-3 games with Stidham. Which, maybe would be better because we’d be getting a QB in the draft lol.
You don't know how Stidham would have done if given the same chance as Cam. Nobody does.

You don't know how Stidham would have done if given the same chance as Cam. Nobody does.
Well the only thing this offense did well was in the red zone and Stid doesn’t have Cam’s running ability. I doubt it’d have gone well.

Well the only thing this offense did well was in the red zone and Stid doesn’t have Cam’s running ability. I doubt it’d have gone well.
Once again your making assumptions. Stidham might be a better runner too.

I'm also not sure that the Pats did well in the red zone. I can think of two games that they gave away there, Seattle and Buffalo, and there could be more.

Cam did not realize that he is supposed to pass the ball to the guys in the same jersey as his.

Not in the dirt or up in the stands. Fumbling is not good in NE either.

Enough of his drama and stupid outfits.

Yeah, and we don’t know how Robert Kraft would have faired as the starting QB either. But we do know the coach that watched Stidham practice every single week for the past two years deemed him unworthy of starting even over a guy with a bum throwing shoulder.

Once again your making assumptions. Stidham might be a better runner too.

I'm also not sure that the Pats did well in the red zone. I can think of two games that they gave away there, Seattle and Buffalo, and there could be more.
Stidham better runner than Cam? What?!

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back