PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Released

I‘m not shocked. I thought Bill would hold onto him, but Cam never fit the scheme in NE and didn’t get much better this preseason. Mac was better from what I saw. In another thread, I listed 10 or should reasons why Mac should start. A clean break makes sense.

Do the Pats need a more capable backup than Hoyer?
Stidham is going to come off PUP or IR at some point.

What the **** does gender have to do with this you complete drip?

I was out here making smug comments convinced that Cam was going to be the starter and now I'm here to eat my crow. It's not life and death, it's just being wrong about the NFL.

Christ.
This was a joke from dingleberry’s post not yours.

It's the right thing to do. Go Mac

Well, y'all got y'all wish. Hope y'all give Mac Jones the same energy y'all gave Cam if we have a losing season. Be fair.
If Mac shows promise and we still have a losing season then I would still be happy. You think that Chargers fans were broken hearted having a crappy season but seeing what Justin Herbert did?

Ive been on this site long enough to know that the moment mac screws up that same people that were trashing cam will turn on mac.

You know they will the guy’s a freaking rookie but i expect a lot of brilliant plays by this guy. I always been high on him since he came out. Wasn’t a fan until i saw more tape of him. Kid is gonna surprise a lot of people watch!!!!

Remember, no rookie QB has won a playoff game in 20 years and there's a good reason for that. Some rookie QBs who turned out to be stars had a really ugly year one - Peyton Manning comes to mind.

This is what other teams go through with rookies. Gotta be patient with the kid. If it's another losing season watching Brady win another SB - so be it. I think this kid might have what it takes to get us another ring in the not too distant future and I'm on board for the ride. Buckle up.
Well that’s not true.

I'm excited for the Mac Jones era to begin. I think we need to keep in mind that he is a rookie and it won't all be smooth sailing, but I think many Pats fans were ready to start the next era and get Mac the experience rather than whatever Cam was going to do. I hope Cam lands on his feet and does well for himself and I appreciate that he tried his hardest to help the Pats.

It's certainly an exciting time to be a Pats fan right now.

Remember, no rookie QB has won a playoff game in 20 years and there's a good reason for that. Some rookie QBs who turned out to be stars had a really ugly year one - Peyton Manning comes to mind.

This is what other teams go through with rookies. Gotta be patient with the kid. If it's another losing season watching Brady win another SB - so be it. I think this kid might have what it takes to get us another ring in the not too distant future and I'm on board for the ride. Buckle up.
because rookie QBs(1st rounders) usually go to bad teams

YESSSSSSSSS, this is exactly what I wanted. I know we need to temper expectations on a rookie, but I think Mac is going to be lighting it up by the end of the season. He can make all the throws and once he really gets a handle on the complex NFL defenses its going to be on. Lets f*cking gooooooo

I think Mac coming from Alabama has a lot to do with BB confidence in him. He has already basically been in the Pats “system” for four years.

right thing to do in releasing Cam, give him a shot to catch in elsewhere. I really liked everything Cam did while in NE except his throws. Clearly something is wrong with his arm and this was the right move.

If Mac shows promise and we still have a losing season then I would still be happy. You think that Chargers fans were broken hearted having a crappy season but seeing what Justin Herbert did?

Charger fans are used to their team not really doing ****, though. The bar is set much higher here. lol.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back