PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Released

Fa

Fans need to understand Mac will screw up. He will make mistakes.

TBH my expectations for Mac as a rookie are fairly low.

3800yds
23TDs
12INTs
89 QB rating
64% comp
At least they're not facing too many tough pass defenses but that sounds about right. They do have a good running game and that will help just like it did Brady in 2001. I'll take that over what we saw last year and he'll be even better in 2022.

Fa

Fans need to understand Mac will screw up. He will make mistakes.

TBH my expectations for Mac as a rookie are fairly low.

3800yds
23TDs
12INTs
89 QB rating
64% comp
That would be fine, but cumulative stats don’t really tell the story, situational okay is much more important.
The number I am interested in is points scored. I’d put the over/under at 450.

Russell Wilson, Joe Flacco, Mark Sanchez, Ben Roethlisberger have all won playoff games as rookies within the last 20 years.
My bad, you're right. I was thinking of another stat about rookie QBs, maybe starters on opening day?

You said no rookie and had won a playoff game in 20 years. That’s not true.
Yeah as I mentioned above I got that mixed up with opening day start.

Charger fans are used to their team not really doing ****, though. The bar is set much higher here. lol.
Agreed but to me unless Mac is an all out disaster then at least we are building towards something. Cam would have kept us in a holding pattern. He is clearly on the backside of his career and we would be treading water keeping him in as the starter. No progression, no rebuild, just a guy who Bill Parcells would label a "progress stopper".

Agreed but to me unless Mac is an all out disaster then at least we are building towards something. Cam would have kept us in a holding pattern. He is clearly on the backside of his career and we would be treading water keeping him in as the starter. No progression, no rebuild, just a guy who Bill Parcells would label a "progress stopper".
I don't understand how Chargers are favorites on the road in DC. Chargers never deliver.

If Mac shows promise and we still have a losing season then I would still be happy. You think that Chargers fans were broken hearted having a crappy season but seeing what Justin Herbert did?
Yes I do. I think that charger fans watching 7 losses in Herbert first 8 games and 9 in his first 11 were not happy at all to lose with pretty stats.

Jones is playing this year to win this year.

There are other players on the team who didnt get vaccinated either.

I'm betting zero players whose place on the roster was even a little in doubt.
Who else do you see always wearing a mask on the sidelines?

That would be fine, but cumulative stats don’t really tell the story, situational okay is much more important.
The number I am interested in is points scored. I’d put the over/under at 450.
If the offense can put up 26-30 consistently compared to last year and the back end of of 2019 i'd be elated.

And made us all really frustrated at having to see how terrible a guy can really play the position if he tried. Thankfully that's over.

Looking forward to the ride with Mac.

If the offense can put up 26-30 consistently compared to last year and the back end of of 2019 i'd be elated.
Offense should be really good...we need to get this Dolphins game because Saints and Bucs will be tough. We don't want to potentially start 1-3.

450 is about the line of top 10. I think that’s a fair and reasonable goal.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back