PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Released

"Kwity Paye, Mac Jones, Barmore, or one of the OT’s for the Pats at 15" - Wozzy Apr 29, 2021 at 9:58pm or right before the pick was made.

Good for you.

"In my mind's eye I still see Mac Jones falling and the Pats snatching him at 15." - Wozzy Mar 15, 2021 at 5:42pm

Seriously , I'm glad. It feels good.

Seriously , I'm glad. It feels good.
"I have to admit, I wanted to find flaws, wanted to find things to dislike but the kid simply knows how to play QB. His ball fakes, play action, ability to look defenders off, his touch on balls and ability to drive it into tight windows... he looks good." - Wozzy Feb 23, 2021 at 2:44pm

Yeah... I've heard of that Jones kid.

"I have to admit, I wanted to find flaws, wanted to find things to dislike but the kid simply knows how to play QB. His ball fakes, play action, ability to look defenders off, his touch on balls and ability to drive it into tight windows... he looks good." - Wozzy Feb 23, 2021 at 2:44pm

Yeah... I've heard of that Jones kid.

Oracle

Sorry if this has already been posted. I assume this means Cam wasn't released due to his vaccination status.

It means Bill is being -extremely- careful with his words since there are league consequences for releasing someone due to vax status.

"In my mind's eye I still see Mac Jones falling and the Pats snatching him at 15." - Wozzy Mar 15, 2021 at 5:42pm
Wozztradamus. Good call.

Wozztradamus. Good call.
Some of us watched Mac's game films in college and were impressed. Most of the doubters simply saw he was white and from Alabama and declared him a system qb who would suck like all the other Alabama qb's. I got into an argument with BGC about him early on. BGC came around some still haven't.

From Belichick's perspective, a vaccine doesn't entirely solve the issue of positive tests and their impact on the football program. That doesn't mean the vaccine isn't effective and that it doesn't provide value in the form of safety.

Does the vaccine solve "every problem"? No. Does it solve a lot and minimize the magnitude of others? Yes, absolutely.
Indeed, and unfortunately people are reading that as some sort of broad antivaxxer statement, when it is not.

For instance:

Well, the point BB is making is not 7x vs 1x, the point he's making is the number of people who can catch covid after being vaxxed is not zero and he still has to follow rules regardless of any of this.

Regardless of Bil's statement, I think it's obvious that Cam shot himself in the foot by not being vaxxed. He gave Mac a window to shine and he took it. The staff saw exactly what it'd be like to lose Cam's services at short notice and that is definitely more likely for the unvaxxed, on top of all the other special procedures that apply to the unvaxxed. Now Cam is out of the league and can't even do a tryout without getting back into the protocol for five days which makes it hard for him to have any shot at a return. Not sure what his game plan is, just wait the virus out? Seems stupid to me when he could just do what millions of others have done, just take the FDA-approved jab.

Indeed, and unfortunately people are reading that as some sort of broad antivaxxer statement, when it is not.

For instance:

Well, the point BB is making is not 7x vs 1x, the point he's making is the number of people who can catch covid after being vaxxed is not zero and he still has to follow rules regardless of any of this.

Regardless of Bil's statement, I think it's obvious that Cam shot himself in the foot by not being vaxxed. He gave Mac a window to shine and he took it. The staff saw exactly what it'd be like to lose Cam's services at short notice and that is definitely more likely for the unvaxxed, on top of all the other special procedures that apply to the unvaxxed. Now Cam is out of the league and can't even do a tryout without getting back into the protocol for five days which makes it hard for him to have any shot at a return. Not sure what his game plan is, just wait the virus out? Seems stupid to me when he could just do what millions of others have done, just take the FDA-approved jab.

What possible rationale could Cam be using for NOT getting vaccinated? That's the real mystery. But his refusal speaks volumes re. lack of commitment to the ultimate team sport. He didn't just shoot himself in the foot, he dived spread-eagle onto a field of landmines.

What possible rationale could Cam be using for NOT getting vaccinated? That's the real mystery. But his refusal speaks volumes re. lack of commitment to the ultimate team sport. He didn't just shoot himself in the foot, he dived spread-eagle onto a field of landmines.

same rationale as any other dummy such as Joe Rogan........'cuz I'm tough'

Maybe the fact that he already had COVID is why he's not getting mRNA therapy. That's a pretty solid reason for not doing so considering the reports out there that show natural immunity is better than the drug. No need for booster shots if you have natural immunity either.

For instance:

What seems stupid is that they aren't taking natural immunity to the virus over vaccinated immunity. Studies are beginning to show natural immunity is looking to last for years, while vaccine mediated immunity wanes after just months. The antibody levels, which are the only real comparison that has been done do not tell even half of the story when it comes to immune protection

Maybe the fact that he already had COVID is why he's not getting mRNA therapy. That's a pretty solid reason for not doing so considering the reports out there that show natural immunity is better than the drug. No need for booster shots if you have natural immunity either.
Stop with pesky facts ...it's "one size fits all" in the group-think community.

PS......people should start weaning themselves from labeling these jabs as 'vaccines'......they are therapeutics

What seems stupid is that they aren't taking natural immunity to the virus over vaccinated immunity. Studies are beginning to show natural immunity is looking to last for years, while vaccine mediated immunity wanes after just months. The antibody levels, which are the only real comparison that has been done do not tell even half of the story when it comes to immune protection
Why not just deal with what the rules currently are, instead of saying they've got to move the bar because I don't agree with the rules?

I guess that lets a person claim to be a rugged individualist, but in the end it more often than not means they're on the outside looking in, like Cam now finds himself.

I think a lot of this is political tribal warfare, where one tribe went down the wrong path, doubled down on that many times, and can't find a way to back track, even though they know they are in the wrong.

I'm hoping FDA approval provides a path for such, but so far, not much luck. People have dug themselves in too deeply and aren't even looking for shovels yet. Too much of their personal identity is tied up in tribalism, they can't or won't break from that just yet, but IMO sooner or later they will wear down.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back