PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Cam newton resigned 1 year deal

I absolutely love having Cam back. Just perfect....14M is peanuts if he takes us to the promised land.

I can't wait to see how much better Cam is with: A full off-season, 2nd year in the system, UPGRADE at the offensive skill positions, improved defense, and no COVID.

And I am starting to get the feeling that Trey Lance might slide all the way to #15 or a bit outside of the top 10....the kid only played 1 game in the past year!!! Cam would be the perfect mentor for him, IMO.
Yeah Hyped, been hearing more about Lance in the past few days to NE...that very well could be a smokescreen, but we were at his pro day today to watch him so you never know.

After reading Jeff Howes column, it's not all that bad. They still could sign mariota to compete, still could trade for Jimmy near the draft. And still are looking at trading up for the top prospects.

But you can't go into free agency next week and tell these tight ends and receivers you have stidham and hoyer. At least cam newton commands some respect around the league. You can sell guys on cam newton. Say all those other plans fall through then you are stuck with stidham. And Bill is not playing a rookie QB. Cam newton would be a great mentor

And maybe, just maybe Cam Newton isn't as cooked as he seemed. Maybe Bill feels with talent around him he can be halfway decent QB.

Exactly.

Cam is # 1. Stidham is still here too. They will draft some 3rd string bum QB who will be coaching high school ball in a few years.

The 2021 plan is the 2020 plan.

doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results, is the definition of insan..GREATNESS.

- BB 2021

Brady threw for more TDs in the 2020 playoffs (10) than Cam threw in the entire 2020 season (8). But Brady's cooked, and Cam's the man...
I like how the argument will get redirected to "well Tom had a ton of talent" which was what most of us have been preaching for Bill to do!

I like how the argument will get redirected to "well Tom had a ton of talent" which was what most of us have been preaching for Bill to do!

Bill should be bringing in more talent. Brady went from 25tds in 2019 to 40tds in 2020. That is a HUGE jump in production.

Which just shows how horrible our skill players are

You can sell guys on cam newton.
Not really. Last season was pretty embarrassing. However, if Bill is willing pay, WR's will agree to sign as they've taken money to play for crap QB's all the time. They just want to get paid.

I don't think it's likely, but I'm willing to entertain the idea that 9 months removed from COVID, more months than that removed from his CAR injuries, a full offseason in the NE system, and at least a few much better weapons around him make Cam look a little more like he did in the first few weeks of 2020 and less like the other guy. They can win games with the Cam who showed up against Seattle. Especially with Brown pushing the pile now...

the guy who showed up against Seattle was facing a defense which was - at the time - on a record pace for passing yards allowed. And he lost that game. And he never looked even half that good against any quality defense.

as for Brown “pushing the pile” - hard to think the OL will be any better with Brown in and Thuney out. So I don’t see how that helps Newton

here’s a 23 second clip of all of cams TD passes last season, enjoy.

There was another trolling video of N'Keal Harry highlights which was pretty funny. It was very shot.

Rob, there’s so many god damn touchdowns in that video that YouTube had to take 3 commercial breaks throughout the course of it. Have you emailed them yet to inform them that Brady is not a top 5 QB anymore? They don’t seem to know.

Did Brady get all his TDs of his entire career last year in Tampa? Didn't know that. See you learn something new every day.

I have never said anything but Brady was the greatest of all time. I have never degraded Brady as the best QB ever. All I ever said is that he has lost a bit of a step and cannot carry a bad team anymore (you cannot prove me wrong and Tampa being the 28th passing offense against the blitz last year during the season backs me up) but he is a GREAT QB and that he wasn't elite when he started his career. And Brady ball washers like you cannot let even the most minor of criticism of Brady go.

You really are pathetic.

here’s a 23 second clip of all of cams TD passes last season, enjoy.

Hey, you laugh, but if he got to play the Jets every game he’d challenge for the single season TD record!!!

Hopefully Cam and Samuel are tight from their Carolina days together bc he would be a great get, IMO, as a WR2 and swiss army knife.

then sign Smith and your TE1 spot is filled

then resign Guy and sign Tomlinson and you have a legit run D again.

then trade for Minshew to compete with Cam and trade up to snag Lance

BOOM.

Because the handwriting is on the wall. Cam Newton is not guaranteed a starting QB spot anywhere he goes. The guy was left lingering in free agency last year until July because no one wanted him enough to be his starter.
Last year Cam was returning from a serious injury. He proved no ill effects mobility wise.

The other back up QB examples that you cite are not convincing. Bledsoe started a lot of games for 2 other teams before being delegated to 2nd string. Vick was toxic waste and took a back up role just to be back in the NFL.

Cam isn't done being the front man.

What I don't get about the "Cam = FA player draw" theory is this, and I'm willing to have people to explain it to me:

If 2021 Patriots Cam is going to be a FA player draw, why wasn't he a FA player draw when he was in Carolina?
Is having Cam NEwton on the roster a draw for Curtis Samuel for example? Again Not saying Cam is the answer but maybe it makes Samuel consider NE.

And he lost that game.

Funny how it is not the lineman who ****ed up his protection to even allow a stop has any fault. Or Edelman who dropped a perfectly thrown ball in the endzone. It is the QB who did exactly what he was told but got stopped behind the LOS.

Confirmation bias is a hell of a drug.

All I ever said is that he has lost a bit of a step and cannot carry a bad team anymore
Oh uh Rob, did you just back yourself into a corner and say he's had some bad teams in the past with Bill? :eek:

Bill should be bringing in more talent. Brady went from 25tds in 2019 to 40tds in 2020. That is a HUGE jump in production.

Which just shows how horrible our skill players are
Brady's last year here, the OL was an injured mess that could not pass block or run block. Cam had all the time in the world and the running game was very good.

Not really. Last season was pretty embarrassing. However, if Bill is willing pay, WR's will agree to sign as they've taken money to play for crap QB's all the time. They just want to get paid.

It was, but guys in the league have alot of respect for cam newton. There's already guys defending him saying he didn't have weapons etc.

I think you can sell a Kyle rudolph on passes from cam newton rather than Stidham.

Yeah Hyped, been hearing more about Lance in the past few days to NE...that very well could be a smokescreen, but we were at his pro day today to watch him so you never know.

Yeah, I think we will have to move up to at least #10 to grab Lance. I think he will only slide because of limited tape on him, the fact that a top 10 draft pick requires a significant investment, and that he'll likely need to sit a year as well....not many teams have a stable enough coaching/GM situation for that...

Anybody seen CamToHarryHOF as of late?

Probably drinking champagne.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back