PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Cam newton resigned 1 year deal

It was, but guys in the league have alot of respect for cam newton. There's already guys defending him saying he didn't have weapons etc.

I think you can sell a Kyle rudolph on passes from cam newton rather than Stidham.
Rudolph will only be looking at the $ amount first than the QB.

Good thing I work from home now, I am heading to the packie to salute the return of terrible qb play.

Alex faulking Smith is available....I would have been happy with that signing....this is just depressing.

lol,. no worries, I was just trying to keep things on the lighter side....where is my friend @oldrover when I need him.
51h1l7.gif

...well, a LITTLE slow... ;) ...maybe I need one of those hips replaced. LOL

Last edited:
Brady's last year here, the OL was an injured mess that could not pass block or run block. Cam had all the time in the world and the running game was very good.

It's a trade off though. Brady had Edelman, AB for a game, dorsett and Gordon.

Any of those guys would immediately be our #1 receiver last year.

So brady had better weapons (alright still garbage) and a bad online. Cam had a better online but his receivers were barely NFL players except for meyers

Brady threw for more TDs in the 2020 playoffs (10) than Cam threw in the entire 2020 season (8). But Brady's cooked, and Cam's the man...

Show me one place where I ever said Brady was cooked. Not once. Not even close to that. I said Brady was still a top 5ish QB in the league, but he is no longer elite.

And nowhere did I say Cam is the man. I said at best he I am ok with him being an one year place holder if the Pats draft Trey Lance or Mac Jones. I said I don't even know if he is going to start,

I know your panties are in a wad that I called you out as a Patriot hater, but please don't attribute ridiculous comments to me that I clearly didn't say.

It's a trade off though. Brady had Edelman, AB for a game, dorsett and Gordon.

Any of those guys would immediately be our #1 receiver last year.

So brady had better weapons (alright still garbage) and a bad online. Cam had a better online but his receivers were barely NFL players except for meyers
Even with those receivers Brady was playing Chuck and duck with zero help in the running game.

Apparently, the plan is to lock up a gaggle of special team players with multi year contracts while filling major holes in the starting 22 with stop-gap cast-offs from the Island of Misfit Toys.

It's always a good day when I get alerts from @dreighver disagreeing with my posts.

Honestly, I don’t buy into the whole “Covid” excuse (and never did). He/we looked good initially, due to the fact that it was the first three weeks of the season so teams didn’t have a beat on us yet. Also, we played MIA (first game of season..anything’s liable to happen), SEA (historically bad defense...we just didn’t know exactly how bad during week 2) & OAK (turned out to be a decent team, but still very unstable). The teams we faced got better, began to catch on to our ultra one-dimensional offense, stacked the box & we regressed (due to various circumstances). Long story short; Covid wasn’t the culprit it was made out to be...we all watched the games..I don’t make vacuum statements...Scam simply sucked.
Seeing Jayson Tatum pre and post COVID has warmed me up to the idea.

I like how the argument will get redirected to "well Tom had a ton of talent" which was what most of us have been preaching for Bill to do!

Brady did have great talent around him and it is Belichick's fault that he didn't in 2019 and the Pats had even less in 2020 (other than the players who decided to sit out the season because of COVID). Those two arguments are not mutually exclusive.

But I am done letting you Brady cultists highjacking this thread trying to turn this into another referendum on Brady like you did with the Belichick's haters thread.

I pretty much assumed he'd be the starter. Drafting a QB to "learn" whatever he has to actually offer someone at this point.
That’s like having the new kid in school sit next to the failing student to learn.

Pathetic!

Newton's a total loser, which makes him a perfect fit for Belichick with his legacy now in freefall. It's going to get very ugly at Gillette. Newton had it very easy in 2020 with no fans in attendance. So when he's making a complete fool of himself next season, drilling balls at the feet of equally incompetent receivers, he is going to get booed out of the stadium. Newton's sidekick - Belichick - is in for some very hard times as well.

"Run it back!! Chapter 2" LOL!! Belichick is seemingly intent on making a complete mocking of his dying career. It's hard to believe the Krafts signed on with this garbage... we are witnessing the sudden collapse of a once formidable franchise.

Go Bucs!!

Good thing I work from home now, I am heading to the packie to salute the return of terrible qb play.

Alex faulking Smith is available....I would have been happy with that signing....this is just depressing.
Alex Smith on an almost amputated leg is better than cam.

Meanwhile, Bucs extend Brady and are signing a bunch of their own talent. Just disgusting.
Why? Isn't that what a team is supposed to do when their window is open? Push the cap hits into the years when the window has closed. Tampa will have to have a salary dump year in another 2-3 years.

Yeah, I think we will have to move up to at least #10 to grab Lance. I think he will only slide because of limited tape on him, the fact that a top 10 draft pick requires a significant investment, and that he'll likely need to sit a year as well....not many teams have a stable enough coaching/GM situation for that...
With Dallas picking 10, now that they signed DAK, any team wanting a qb will probably look to trade with them. Do you think Jones goes before Lance now? I've been hearing that 5 qb may be taken in the top 12 picks

Show me one place where I ever said Brady was cooked. Not once. Not even close to that. I said Brady was still a top 5ish QB in the league, but he is no longer elite.

And nowhere did I say Cam is the man. I said at best he I am ok with him being an one year place holder if the Pats draft Trey Lance or Mac Jones. I said I don't even know if he is going to start,

I know your panties are in a wad that I called you out as a Patriot hater, but please don't attribute ridiculous comments to me that I clearly didn't say.

It's crazy that you would call someone who said he was "definitely going to stop following the sport and stop posting here after Brady left" a Patriot hater. I'd be mad too if I were that person facing such an accusation.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back