PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton released by Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone did........except me and a couple of others.......the absolute in the supposed knowledge by some is painful to read this morning
At least I know I didn’t die on the hill

I guess the next logical questions at this time would be do we lock Cam up, and what do we get for Stidham?

Personally, I’d like us to find a way to start negotiations with Newton’s reps around mid season if he is still performing at this level. 3-5 years, start making a run at building the team around him. Hold onto Stidham and try to unload him for something before rookie contract runs up. If the Cam we have seen is the Cam we’ll get for the long haul, then I’ve gotta say I was incredibly wrong on the dude. Either way, great offseason signing, eh?

I guess the next logical questions at this time would be do we lock Cam up, and what do we get for Stidham?

Personally, I’d like us to find a way to start negotiations with Newton’s reps around mid season if he is still performing at this level. 3-5 years, start making a run at building the team around him. Hold onto Stidham and try to unload him for something before rookie contract runs up. If the Cam we have seen is the Cam we’ll get for the long haul, then I’ve gotta say I was incredibly wrong on the dude. Either way, great offseason signing, eh?
We’d be lucky to get a bag of footballs for Stidham. BB won’t move to lock Cam up until he has a full seasons worth of tape in this offense and Cam won’t accept a low-ball extension. He will, rightly, bet on himself and then command top dollar if the bet pays off.

Big mea culpa on my part. I didn’t think he’d be accurate enough to work in this system. I didn’t think he was mentally tough enough to work in this system and put too much weight on the SB fumble. I was wrong. Whatever happened with that fumble, that’s not what I’m seeing here at all. He’s completely all in on the field here.

If Bill truly believes that this level of efficiency from Cam is sustainable for at least the rest of this season, then he really oughta do right by him and find him some more help at WR & TE.

If Bill truly believes that this level of efficiency from Cam is sustainable for at least the rest of this season, then he really oughta do right by him and find him some more help at WR & TE.
That would be nice. Only week 3 though - hopefully something will happen.

If we bring in Cam it's obvious that he'll take to the system right away, become a starter and people will be calling for us to extend him by week 2. I stand by this statement on this the 24th of March 2020.
Un****ingbelievable, he got the week right too.

Lots of great takes in this thread :rofl:

Newbie here, be gentle please...:whistle:

Lived in NC for the last 20 years and have an office in Charlotte. Personally never liked the Panthers because their previous owner and management seemed like a joke (the new ownership dosen't seem that far behind IMO). Honestly, never cared for Cam Newton professionally just for the way he acted sometimes on the field and during press conferences. That said, the one thing I did like about Cam Newton was the local work he did in the area with kids, and it's hard to hate a guy who gives balls to kids in the stadium on game day.

Don't hold it agasint me, but honestly never cared for the Patriots growing up (but was a big Bobby Orr fan due to my mom growing up in New England :thumbsup:).

Thing is, no one could really predict given Cams lay off after his injury on how he would preform, added the fact he seemed to be going to a totally different type of football organization when NE picked him up (needless to say, a better run organization that doesn't seem to put up with crap).

Believe it was mentioned before that Cam was probably humbled when he was looking for work and IMO that could of been the best thing to happen to him in years professionally. I also liked what Cam had to say about money the other day as given time, things will work itself out. He's right, and things can still work out 10 different ways which no one can predict with certainty at this moment in time. The added reality is football is brutal physical sport, and no one on the field is immune to injuries, although some players seem more lucky than others.

I'm not certain why, but I'd like Cam to succeed in NE and grow with the organization. I thought I'd never say this, but I actually consider myself a Patriots fan now. Although Cam out of work for while was a good thing IMO professionally for him, what's even better for him IMO is the organization he went to. The added reality is football is a business and it's not what have you done for me, but what will you do for me and how much will it cost.

Going off on an tangent, as much as I use to dislike Brady and the Patriots (my alma mater use to play Michigan in the Big 10 and I never liked Michigan qb's LOL), I really wish Brady would of retired on top of the game as one of the best quarterbacks who played the game and retired as a Patriot. I think like Cam, he may find out that the organization he goes to may impact his game in the long run.

Just hope I can find some Pats games on TV in NC as I never really looked for them before.

Newton was released? We should try him out at QB, it couldn't hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing