PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is there anyway we could sign Newton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easy to discount now but in mid March the Pats salary cap crunch was right up there with Brady leaving as a topic of Pats discussion. IIRC Miguel was reporting the Pats as barely having the vet minimum available, the lack of maneuvering room was a given in every roster discussion. Viewed through that lens (and keeping in mind the OP ended with "Also, is it possible with cap?") outside of the knuckle draggers, I think the cap implications could easily be construed as a given in most posts made on any roster driven subject. In other words, comments from that time frame need to be considered contextually.

On the other hand, if your point is that we sometimes see some less than enlightened. perhaps even agenda driven, comments here then you are completely correct. I would be less than honest if I didn't admit there may be posts here from folks whose opinions are driven by non team/football considerations that I just did not bother reading simply because of who made them.

I was speaking strictly from a football perspective....as it pertains to the cap, it was also a time they could have done something with thuney to make cap space, and there were people that could have been cut to make something happen if they wanted to at a higher price.....this idea that he couldn't help the pats was nonsense......that was my simpler point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back