PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is there anyway we could sign Newton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobby & Billy do the league a solid and sign this feckin clown...and we still lose a 3rd-rounder?

The Patsies under the Early Bird and gruff ol' Mr Notgoat have now Officially become a Joke.
Why is signing Cam doing the league a solid?

Bobby & Billy do the league a solid and sign this feckin clown...and we still lose a 3rd-rounder?

The Patsies under the Early Bird and gruff ol' Mr Notgoat have now Officially become a Joke.
Let me guess you think they are doing the league a solid because they signed a black QB in the current political climate? :rolleyes:

Why is signing Cam doing the league a solid?
Guessing it's related to the recent protests, like somehow another high profile black quarterback cooling his heels in FA would have been bad.

"Is there any way we could sign Newton?"

Sure there's a way. Kraft could suddenly replace Belichick with Lloyd Christmas

tenor.gif

This looks pretty dumb around now

I don't think it's necessarily about winning as much as he's hoping he can show well and then get some actual bucks from someone next season.

success is part of the equation

Would have rather gone with Rivers or Dalton, if Newton's the alternative

Sure, many of us might want Rivers or Dalton for the same money; others, not so much.

If this little experiment falls flat on its face; and Scam becomes, as I posted in another thread, the Chad OchoStinko of QBs here...

i know that’s what you want....but there’s no risk

i know that’s what you want....but there’s no risk
It's not what I want...I want to see him arrive here humbled, matured, and ready to work - and act - as a professional...for once...

It's not what I want...I want to see him arrive here humbled, matured, and ready to work - and act - as a professional...for once...

he's paid to play football.....just like gronk was paid to play football....who gives a crap about what you think is the acceptable lipstick

he's paid to play football.....just like gronk was paid to play football....who gives a crap about what you think is the acceptable lipstick

If I had to guess, The Captain's take on Gronk has probably been similar since 2018.

So Newton with that big arm of his ...
Will there be any jump-ball Cam plays?

If I had to guess, The Captain's take on Gronk has probably been similar since 2018.

I recall gronk's first couple of years here.......the same 'patriot way' sheeple were making the same noise back then ...... until they were simply quieted by his football

dalton? Lol
andy Dalton spent most of his career as a consistently above average quarterback. He's no superstar, but he would stabilize the QB position with consistently acceptable performances.

If I'm trying to gameplan an offense, I would 5000 times rather have a limited but consistent performance from my QB and a set of skills I could rely on working most of the time, than a flashy guy who can make big plays but can't do it consistently.

This is also the reason I suspect that Lamar Jackson is going to end up being something of a flash in the pan.

andy Dalton spent most of his career as a consistently above average quarterback. He's no superstar, but he would stabilize the QB position with consistently acceptable performances.

If I'm trying to gameplan an offense, I would 5000 times rather have a limited but consistent performance from my QB and a set of skills I could rely on working most of the time, than a flashy guy who can make big plays but can't do it consistently.

This is also the reason I suspect that Lamar Jackson is going to end up being something of a flash in the pan.

Dalton was a <60.0% QB over the last 3 years throwing to decent targets and with a decent running game.......he's probably the only QB who was worse in the playoffs than Hoyer......would be a complete waste of time to have here

Dalton was a <60.0% QB over the last 3 years throwing to decent targets and with a decent running game.......he's probably the only QB who was worse in the playoffs than Hoyer......would be a complete waste of time to have here
Have you looked at the Bengals' offensive line over the past 3 years? It's a joke. dalton went from taking 21-29 sacks in his good seasons to 41, 39, 21 in half a season, and 37.

Again this is something that can be noticed with literally 2 seconds of research.

Up to that point Dalton was a well above average thrower so I'd be inclined to point a finger at that issue being the core of his issue in his last few years in Cincy. You can't throw accurately if you don't have time and have to rush the ball out of your hands.

Have you looked at the Bengals' offensive line over the past 3 years? It's a joke. dalton went from taking 21-29 sacks in his good seasons to 41, 39, 21 in half a season, and 37.

Again this is something that can be noticed with literally 2 seconds of research.

Up to that point Dalton was a well above average thrower so I'd be inclined to point a finger at that issue being the core of his issue in his last few years in Cincy. You can't throw accurately if you don't have time and have to rush the ball out of your hands.

he got sacked more earlier in his career.....Dalton was never an efficient QB......for one year, choosing Dalton over Newton would be stupid....already have Hoyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back