PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam expected to start on MNF

Status
Not open for further replies.
With playoffs off the table, Bill read all the posts on here for guidance and realized he doesn’t want to improve the chances of winning when it’ll hurt draft position. Therefore, he’ll go with Cam ;)

For the first time I am seriously concerned Belichick has lost it.
I don't really understand it. I feel like if you're going to move on from Stidham, why not prepare him and put him out there and try and build some value and then pull off a Jacoby Brissett type of deal and get something in return? Unless he's focused on trying to get back to 8-8 to close out the season and he feels Cam would be the best option for that, which at least would sort of make sense.

If they go out and get beat this weekend and head into the final weekend at 6-9 and they still don't start him, then I'll definitely be confused as to why they don't want to at least get a look at how he would handle the process of prepping for a full week as the starter and seeing how he responds. Honestly, if that happens and he still doesn't play, I think that seals the deal that they've definitely written him off and he won't be around heading into 2021.

Cam's going to turn you into a big Cam fan. I can tell you he's going to win rings here.

ring-pop_2.png

I don't really understand it. I feel like if you're going to move on from Stidham, why not prepare him and put him out there and try and build some value and then pull off a Jacoby Brissett type of deal and get something in return? Unless he's focused on trying to get back to 8-8 to close out the season and he feels Cam would be the best option for that, which at least would sort of make sense.

If they go out and get beat this weekend and head into the final weekend at 6-9 and they still don't start him, then I'll definitely be confused as to why they don't want to at least get a look at how he would handle the process of prepping for a full week as the starter and seeing how he responds. Honestly, if that happens and he still doesn't play, I think that seals the deal that they've definitely written him off and he won't be around heading into 2021.
If you don’t even want to put Stidham on the field for 2 meaningless games why didn’t you claim josh Rosen off the Miami practice squad any of the past 8 or so weeks??? There is no value in 8-8

If you don’t even want to put Stidham on the field for 2 meaningless games why didn’t you claim josh Rosen off the Miami practice squad any of the past 8 or so weeks??? There is no value in 8-8
It's just strange...I thought Stidham looked fairly decent in his two recent stints. Unless Belichick is already planning on moving him and would rather have that be all teams see from him...?

Everyone here is in complete denial that Cam is the future here.

When Cam wins MVP in NE next year, just remember, you were all wrong.
Can I get whatever drugs led to that post?

It's just strange...I thought Stidham looked fairly decent in his two recent stints. Unless Belichick is already planning on moving him and would rather have that be all teams see from him...?
I can’t understand it. Unless Stidham starts this week it can’t figure out what he is thinking.

Everyone here is in complete denial that Cam is the future here.

When Cam wins MVP in NE next year, just remember, you were all wrong.
I definitely fall into the bolded text category, and hoping that's not the case.

As for the second part...I'm not too sure I agree with you on that. ;)

Bill is going to try to play spoiler on Monday against a Bills team still playing for seeding, and Cam probably gives NE the best chance to win...they won't, but he's better than Stidham. Now against NYJ in the last game of the season, I can see Bill putting in Stidham.

Cam's going to turn you into a big Cam fan. I can tell you he's going to win rings here.
I love his attitude and he's certainly said/done all the right things. It just hasn't translated onto the field and I feel like there's too much muscle memory there to undo. If they're going to invest that much energy in someone, I feel like it's better spent on a younger player since they're obviously building for the future.

I mean, I'll be fair and let's say for argument's sake Cam gets them to 10-6 next season and into the Wild Card round. I don't see them winning four straight to win a title with his current limited skillset. And he's certainly not taking them to 15-1 or 14-2 and a one seed, which would probably need to happen in order to at least make your miracle scenario(s) possible.

I think this is pretty simple. Bill Belichick made up his mind on Stidham, doesn't feel like he showed enough to merit the idea that starting him will lead to some sudden new perspective, and would rather just finish out the year with the vet that the players like who is playing for his career at this point. Personally I don't think Bill ever fully trusted Stidham after he put him out in the Jets game last year and he nearly blew a lead. Trust is big with him and if Hoyer didn't crap the bed against KC we wouldn't have even seen Stidham this year.

Btw this is a good thing, it means we won't waste cycles on a dude is a longshot who has shown next to nothing and we can move on to focus on finding the next QB. Would have been nice if the heir to Brady was on the team when he left, that's just not the cards the team was dealt.

Bill is going to try to play spoiler on Monday against a Bills team still playing for seeding, and Cam probably gives NE the best chance to win...they won't, but he's better than Stidham. Now against NYJ in the last game of the season, I can see Bill putting in Stidham.

Could be. Or they want to play Stidham half the game this week and the full game next week to ease him in. Otherwise it makes no sense because they have not made another move like signing Rosen, or trading for someone, or whatever. Starting with a rookie next year means we are on the 3+ year plan unless we draft Mahomes part II.

I guess there could already be an understanding of an off season trade - our 1st or 2nd for JimmyG for instance - so playing Stidham is not that important because he will be the 2021 backup. I am searching to understand anything in this situation. Bill definitely answered the question differently this week, he did not say, "Cam is our QB", so the discuss happened.

It will not be fun to watch Cam drill another 5+ divits in the turf next Monday. OH WELL - this too will pass :) Merry Christmas everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes