PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam expected to start on MNF

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don’t even want to put Stidham on the field for 2 meaningless games why didn’t you claim josh Rosen off the Miami practice squad any of the past 8 or so weeks??? There is no value in 8-8

It's my fault.

I bet a Steeler friend Mexican dinner the Pats would have a winning record.
BB must have gotten wind of it.
8-8 is a push and gets me off the hook for dinner.

So, yes, there is value in 8-8.
(Of course there's still the question, "Does Cam give them the best chance of winning?"

Maybe he told Cam he could start the entire season? I saw that point brought up here once.
Trying to find a way to ignore all posts saying "maybe Bill has a deal with Cam that he can start".

So does that mean that everybody in the building knows what word Bill might or might not have given Cant? And why in the world should he have given him his word that as long as Cant is active he is the starter anyway? IMO whatever little not-so-secret-apparently agreement those two had is Null & Void the moment they were eliminated from PO contention.

Because they underpaid him, so it could have been an under the table type gentleman's agreement. Not saying it did or didnt happen, but it easily could have and Belichick is a man of his word

Because they underpaid him, so it could have been an under the table type gentleman's agreement. Not saying it did or didnt happen, but it easily could have and Belichick is a man of his word
They underpaid his pedigree. They didn't underpay his actual performance.

McDaniels comments on Stidham are pretty telling...he basically confirmed Stidham is a QB on the team and didn’t really offer anything else. I’d be very surprised if Stidham is on the roster next year.

McDaniels comments on Stidham are pretty telling...he basically confirmed Stidham is a QB on the team and didn’t really offer anything else. I’d be very surprised if Stidham is on the roster next year.
It’s kind of amazing that a coach had to come out and basically say he sucks a big one to get fans to stop acting like he was going to be a hero off the bench

Starting a guy who cannot throw a football very well is an indictment of the backup QB. Who in this case will be 25 next September and is not young prospect anymore.

No need to overthink it. He’s on the bench for exactly the reason that it looks like.

Starting a guy who cannot throw a football very well is an indictment of the backup QB. Who in this case will be 25 next September and is not young prospect anymore.

No need to overthink it. He’s on the bench for exactly the reason that it looks like.
If Stidham is really that bad, why didn't they pick up Josh Rosen from Bucs practivce squad?

It’s kind of amazing that a coach had to come out and basically say he sucks a big one to get fans to stop acting like he was going to be a hero off the bench
To be fair, before he said that, he said that the decision is Belichick's, not his.

It's already been said no one is saying Stidham is anything special, just different and largely unknown by the fan base who tend to think "hey, we pay for this boondoggle and don't get to see practice, can you let us in on the reality too just so we know - because watching more Cam trying to play is literally painful."

The hilarious thing is the Cam defenders are likewise McDaniels haters stating he cannot evaluate ANYTHING now clinging onto his every word just because they think it confirms their own positions. So who then is the fool? McDaniels or the one who follows him?

It's already been said no one is saying Stidham is anything special, just different and largely unknown by the fan base who tend to think "hey, we pay for this boondoggle and don't get to see practice, can you let us in on the reality too just so we know - because watching more Cam trying to play is literally painful."

The hilarious thing is the Cam defenders are likewise McDaniels haters stating he cannot evaluate ANYTHING now clinging onto his every word just because they think it confirms their own positions. So who then is the fool? McDaniels or the one who follows him?
I want to see him play to be honest even though I think he stinks. I don’t mind watching Cam, but I doubt he’ll be back and I want to lose these games anyways. No benefit to not starting Stidham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes