PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam expected to start on MNF

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article didn’t say a decision has been made for sure just “all indications” say he will be starting. He was at practice today.

Last edited:
The only reason I can think of for letting Cam play at all—let alone start—is his playtime incentives. Cam needs about one half of play to get to 80% for the season. If he's benched for the remaining two games, he won't reach it. Because he's not under contract for next year, there is no easy way for the Patriots to pay him that incentive if he doesn't earn it himself. [There's no way he can reach the 90% incentive.]

Mind blown.
No reason we shouldn’t play waste of draft pick Stidham.

Cam expected to start on MNF​

4rh3tk.gif

The only reason I can think of for letting Cam play at all—let alone start—is his playtime incentives. Cam needs about one half of play to get to 80% for the season. If he's benched for the remaining two games, he won't reach it. Because he's not under contract for next year, there is no easy way for the Patriots to pay him that incentive if he doesn't earn it himself. [There's no way he can reach the 90% incentive.]
its probably more simple.

he probably just thinks cam is better than stid haha. whether belichick is right or not is a different story tho

It's been rough so why stop now...

Why would they want to pay him more money. He should be paying the team for the way he sucks out there.

its probably more simple.

he probably just thinks cam is better than stid haha. whether belichick is right or not is a different story tho
It doesn’t matter if he is better. We cannot make the playoffs. Newton’s ass will be booted out of here as soon as the season is over. It’s an opportunity to find out what stidham, who is under contract for 2 more years, can do. I cannot fathom a reason to pass up the chance to evaluate a player who will be here in order to play a player who won’t.

Stid is immobile and the Patriots offense is simply not built around the receivers and TEs. The former is the second worst in the league. The latter is the worst. This may be as simple as the coaching staff looking at the offense’s limited strengths - an excellent run blocking OL and solid stable of backs (if Harris is healthy) - and going with the guy who has the best chance of moving the chains within the constraints of the offense.

It doesn’t matter if he is better. We cannot make the playoffs. Newton’s ass will be booted out of here as soon as the season is over. It’s an opportunity to find out what stidham, who is under contract for 2 more years, can do. I cannot fathom a reason to pass up the chance to evaluate a player who will be here in order to play a player who won’t.
Opportunity for who to find out? Fans? Patriots don’t owe us a showcase of Stidham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News