PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam? Again? Oh No!

Why not give Zappe some experience?
I'm guessing it's because they believe Hoyer can at least win a few of these and keep the season within reach. If we were later in the year and they were 2-7 or something like that, maybe the thought process would be different but I'm thinking maybe that's why.

I'm guessing it's because they believe Hoyer can at least win a few of these and keep the season within reach. If we were later in the year and they were 2-7 or something like that, maybe the thought process would be different but I'm thinking maybe that's why.
If they would commit to running the stupid ball, it would matter less who the QB is.

And increase their chances of winning.

The bottom fell out when he came back from COVID. Now that might just be a coincidence, since he supposedly didn't have symptoms. But one way or another, he came back from COVID just stinking up the place, whereas before he had seemed possibly decent.
Cam must have had long COVID because he did not play well in Carolina last year.

He looked fantastic in that game. But who wouldn't? No pressure, receivers had 4 yards of separation... Then reality hit him and us (and a multitude of earthworms) in the face for the rest of the season
Imagine if he stayed that good? We could of still had him and maybe of used him as a 4-6 year starter if he never fell off. It would have continued the dynasty to the point where it would have been a lite version. Not the dominant brady version but a team that Is still good.

Something happened where he just couldn't throw it anymore. I think it's a physical thing maybe he didn't want to admit and he felt he could just play through it, I don't know. But it's unreal how the bottom completely fell out and it completely derailed the rest of the season.
my theory... based on nada zip zilch... his shoulder healed from the 2018 or '19 surgery, but it never healed 100% correctly... and maybe he did reinjure it a bit in preseason, or in the first game v Miami... lol maybe Van Noys sack knocked something loose ... except for his mvp season, he was never a truly great passer... one little hitch in his mechanics, and its Hey Cam, meet my buddy Cliff... the first game vs miami was a window into what the season would look like... except for playing a bad houston team mid season, he rarely approached 200 yards a game....

Cam’s toast.

They don’t need to sign anyone. But if they decided to chase another QB I might steal Chris Streveler off the Jets practice squad. He looked good in preseason.
Just remember they have to be added to the 53 .... Maybe that doesn't mean much, as you don't have to play them... but you can't sign a guy from a practice squad to a practice squad.... But I can see them adding another arm while Mac is down

Want to see more of this?

….or no

Out of the many things that were hard to watch, it was the easy dump off throw that was the most painful for me. At least Hoyer's got that down (I hope - it looked really good in preseason but who knows).

He should honestly take up acting. Always found him funny and charismatic. And likeable (to me at least)

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back