PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam? Again? Oh No!

Cam's 1.0 Patriots experience was bad enough so there is no circumstance where he's coming back. Mac is the franchise's QB1 but he hasn't played well for awhile now... not just in the new system either, he was struggling in the latter part of last season. Clearly this season they're trying to open up the passing game more and it's led to the increased turnovers. Part of it's on the quarterback but the Jones-Parker connection has been consistently problematic. The coaching/play-calling has been an issue at times... for an example the INT in the Miami game.

For whatever Bedard's opinion is worth, his observation is Hoyer is a better downfield passer than Jones. I'm curious to see how that plays out as you would assume they're going to run the same offense. Probably Hoyer isn't that big of a drop off from Jones right now and with the schedule softening up (after Green Bay) I would expect the team will go no worse than 4-2 weeks 5-11 no matter who's under center... meaning Hoyer or Jones... hard no on Zappe.
I agree that they'll go 4-2 with Hoyer, I said that in the "Hoyer vs. Zappe" thread a few days ago but folks said I was nuts lol

I'd have no problem hiring a team-full of sexist morons if they won Lombardis for me... At least none of them would have killed someone... allegedly... or two...

Luckily that won't be an issue, Cam would easily be the worst starting quarterback in the NFL next week.

He would not even be a top 5 backup quarterback.

I agree that they'll go 4-2 with Hoyer, I said that in the "Hoyer vs. Zappe" thread a few days ago but folks said I was nuts lol
How many games has Hoyer lost in a row as a starter?

I would rather be happy with Zappe over a
Guy who has not won a game as a starter in a long long time

Want to see more of this?

….or no

I will say he looked great against Seattle that year and I felt like maybe they had somebody who might be just enough. Instead, he fell off the proverbial cliff out of nowhere just after that and hasn't been right since. It's bizarre.

I will say he looked great against Seattle that year and I felt like maybe they had somebody who might be just enough. Instead, he fell off the proverbial cliff out of nowhere just after that and hasn't been right since. It's bizarre.
A guy aging out of the NFL is bizarre?

Seattle had the worst defense in the league when we played them.

I don’t remember any other QB getting picked on a checkdown. Cam did that more than once that season.

I think it was that but it was probably just a fluke. I remember he did look really good. Even the commentary made sure to mention that.
He looked fantastic in that game. But who wouldn't? No pressure, receivers had 4 yards of separation... Then reality hit him and us (and a multitude of earthworms) in the face for the rest of the season

I thought of Fitzy too. But he started falling apart the last 2 seasons.
I don't know that we need a FA QB for ~6weeks, but this is why I didn't think they should've let Stidham go yet. He's as good as Hoyer and better than Zappe at this stage. Whatever - Cam is completely useless though.

I mean why not at this point...he has way more experience than Hoyer and besides he's already played in every other AFCE team...if he comes to NE he can complete the cycle.

He looked fantastic in that game. But who wouldn't? No pressure, receivers had 4 yards of separation... Then reality hit him and us (and a multitude of earthworms) in the face for the rest of the season
Something happened where he just couldn't throw it anymore. I think it's a physical thing maybe he didn't want to admit and he felt he could just play through it, I don't know. But it's unreal how the bottom completely fell out and it completely derailed the rest of the season.

The bottom fell out when he came back from COVID. Now that might just be a coincidence, since he supposedly didn't have symptoms. But one way or another, he came back from COVID just stinking up the place, whereas before he had seemed possibly decent.

The bottom fell out when he came back from COVID. Now that might just be a coincidence, since he supposedly didn't have symptoms. But one way or another, he came back from COVID just stinking up the place, whereas before he had seemed possibly decent.
That's how it was timing-wise - but I have a hard time believing COVID took his ability to throw the football away. Although, I'm obviously not a medical expert, but it's crazy how the arm strength seemed to vanish compared to the lasers he was throwing prior to that and he hasn't been right since.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back