PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bryant still wants out of Pittsburgh

Dillon..convicted of beating his wife..police responded to the scene found mrs Dillon bleeding excessively from her mouth. Also walked into tunnel during 4th quarter of game before time expired quitting on team

Moss. Kicked out of college for failed drug tests..was lucky to play in the late 90s in NFL where drug testing was not as strict as today. Admitted on live tv in 2003 he smokes weed. Showed complete lack of respect for team when he purposely didn't run routes and stopped trying his best in 2006.

Talib assault and battery on taxi driver in 2009 along with resisting arrest. In 2011 aggravated assault with a deadly weapon for attempting to shoot someone.

Stallworth convicted of manslaughter, serves prison sentence. Later signed to patriots in 2012

Michael Floyd 3 failed drug tests..

But I guess martavius Bryant smoking dope every so often and complaining about not getting the Ball is far more serious than some of these offenses :rolleyes:
How many of these players served year (plus) long term suspensions and were one failed test away from being banished?

That’s not even addressing the fact that he’d be a mid-season WR signing, which is something different in and of itself.

He's a former 4th round pick who's turned himself into a legitimate middle-deep threat WR in the NFL. That's not underachieving.

As for fit in N.E., that seems to be hit/miss, regardless of reputation.
I dont really see it. I see a guy who is dangerous and has made some plays, and had a nice handful of games but is really boom or bust. Hes been over 50 yards once this year and only 9 times in 28 career games.

Maybe I see inconsistent rather than underachieve. Not really strong in my opinion here, but probably would think for cheap its worth a shot, if he expected a big contract, I'd pass.

I dont really see it. I see a guy who is dangerous and has made some plays, and had a nice handful of games but is really boom or bust. Hes been over 50 yards once this year and only 9 times in 28 career games.

Maybe I see inconsistent rather than underachieve. Not really strong in my opinion here, but probably would think for cheap its worth a shot, if he expected a big contract, I'd pass.
Gotta think they’re more focused on developing Cooks and Dorsett for at least the next 1.5 seasons, if not longer. They know the system and seem to be showing some progression week by week. I’m not sure where another downfield threat would fit in, particularly for this season.

If BB is interested in taking a chance on the guy for the future, I’m all for it, although I’d think the likelihood of that happening would be low. Supposedly, he’s under cheap money for the next 1.5 seasons, but I see nothing that hints of his success here, whatsoever. He may have looked good at times in Big Ben’s backyard style of offense, but it’s hard to see him thriving in this system. That said, he’s quick and has good size.

So recreational drug use is worse than domestic violence and convicted felonies?

And what about bb picking up recreational drug abuser Michael Floyd?

I'll grant you that Dillon's career would've played out much differently in the Post-Ray Rice NFL. Contrasting Dillon and Moss against Bryant - the two former each demonstrated multiple seasons of actual pro-bowl level productivity. Bryant has not. Since he came into the league in 2014, he's been available for 28/60 Steeler games. There's a vast difference between rehabilitating an all-pro and rehabilitating someone who just thinks he would be an all-pro if [insert his excuse here].

Floyd isn't quite an apt comparison since he was released by Arizona and didn't cost the Patriots any assets.

As for whether to bring him in, we'll just have to disagree. I strongly doubt that Belichick would give up assets to bring in someone who has demonstrated repeatedly that, talent or not, has very little reliability which is largely due to his proclivity to put himself before the team.

I dont really see it.

shrug.gif

ok

I think we need a new, smarter thread. How about 'Is it time to bring in a new kicker?' That's an old favorite!

On the 'what's not happening' list for 2017:
winning the powerball,
getting a date with Julianne Hough,
Patriots signing Bryant.

For balance, here is on the what will happen list for 2017: hilarious hysterics within game day threads, "JHFC I can't eat another bite" spoken on the evening of Nov 23rd, and a minimum of one purchase for a poorly crafted-piece of junk that flashes 'Christmas' or 'Noel' on it. :):)

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back