PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bryant still wants out of Pittsburgh

We need to take his IG posts into account. Is this the man you want?

If he has problems with a rookie getting some shine how would he feel with Gronk/Cooks, etc?

What is your point? What truth?

That more talent = more chances

Less talent = less chances

And at least you aren't like some patriots fans who try to make it seem like BB doesn't ever sign big time trouble makers

In the NFL, YES! Look at Josh Brown, one game for wife beating, Ray Lewis what 4 games for killing a guy. He got suspended for a whole season for weed!

Nobody is rationalizing or approving of the NFL stances on this, they are just merely stating the facts.

Yup it's pathetic

Did Corey Dillon get suspended at all for leaving his scared and battered wife bleeding from the mouth when he police showed up?

Guess what he did it again 10 years later

No way the Squealers trade him to us but i'll offer a 7th for him.

Pats are not their usual elite selves in the red zone. He could help.

@KontradictioN

For this season I don't think an additional WR is a need. The combination of Amendola, Lewis, White and possibly Burkhead are filling the Edelman void although I don't think that's going to be completely filled.

If both MM and VV are healthy enough to return I suspect they'll opt for VV simply because his value to this team's need would be greater.

There's only 53 spots and as of right now I don't see WR as either a weakness or lacking depth. Dorsett has already shown he can contribute and I expect to see more of him as the season progresses.
Amendola, Lewis, and Burkhead have all had injury histories. The latter two are RBs. Another wideout with Edelman’s skill set is a need. The problem is that there isn’t anyone out there with his skill set except for Kupp and the Rams aren’t trading him here. So, with that said, Mitchell will get activated if he’s healthy. This team badly needs another red zone target.

Bryant said Schuster was trash compared to him and then he said that he didn't mean that he said Schuster is a great player and will be a star he said he just wants his.
He worked hard to come back to the field with little to no supoort it's hit time and he wants to shine.
Think Brady would welcome him with open arms?

LMFAO
crazier things have happened but I don't see it.
If I'm a betting man if he gets traded I'd guess Giants or Niners
No. I'm good with what we've got.

No thanks on Bryant. It's been two years since he made any impact at all on an NFL game, and based on what I've seen from him over the past month and a half I don't see what he'd improve here. The only thing he does better than Brandin Cooks is be tall, and he doesn't even use that height in any useful way. Bad hands, poor route runner, stupid, complains a lot, gets suspended... hard pass.

Amendola, Lewis, and Burkhead have all had injury histories. The latter two are RBs. Another wideout with Edelman’s skill set is a need. The problem is that there isn’t anyone out there with his skill set except for Kupp and the Rams aren’t trading him here. So, with that said, Mitchell will get activated if he’s healthy. This team badly needs another red zone target.

It's the "if he's healthy" part that seems to be the problem. Reiss has apparently observed Mitchell around the facility recently and is highly doubtful that Mitchell is even ready to begin practicing.

What is it with the Steelers and diva WRs this year?

We heard a similar tune out of DeMarcus Ayers. The Pats DID pick up Ayers for the PS right after cutdowns, likely due to his potential as a PR. Ayers lasted 19 days.

That more talent = more chances

Less talent = less chances

And at least you aren't like some patriots fans who try to make it seem like BB doesn't ever sign big time trouble makers
Well I would say big time trouble makers is pushing it.
He takes everything into consideration and aside from things that would create PR nightmares (not that he cares but it matters) he doesn't care about off the field stuff.
He wants guys who will help him win
As soon as things begin to affect the team those guys are gone. Hayneswirth and moss are good examples.
Moss was a team player and good teammate until he wasn't then he was gone.

It's like everything else you have to look at the whole picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't shock me if the cardinals shopped Larry Fitzgerald. Palmer will likely miss the rest of the season. That contract though. He's making 11 million this year.

What is it with the Steelers and diva WRs this year?

We heard a similar tune out of DeMarcus Ayers. The Pats DID pick up Ayers for the PS right after cutdowns, likely due to his potential as a PR. Ayers lasted 19 days.

Pittsburgh has a much different approach than N.E., and it's not just at WR. People here have "evolved" to believing every single thing BB does is done the only acceptable way, when history makes it abundantly clear that it's not.

Pitt has a "diva" at QB, but that hasn't stopped them from winning 2 SBs with him. Brown is a "diva" at WR, but people here would ignore that if he sprang loose.

Bryant's a talent. He'd be a nice player for most teams to have. It's just that the Patriots now have

Cook
Hogan
Mitchell

at the OWR spots, and we don't know what they think of Dorsett for the long term. If it turns out that Mitchell's not coming back this year and Dorsett is not going to be in the plans going forward, and Bryant springs loose, you can be sure that BB will at least think about trying to add Bryant.

Pittsburgh has a much different approach than N.E., and it's not just at WR. People here have "evolved" to believing every single thing BB does is done the only acceptable way, when history makes it abundantly clear that it's not.

Pitt has a "diva" at QB, but that hasn't stopped them from winning 2 SBs with him. Brown is a "diva" at WR, but people here would ignore that if he sprang loose.

Bryant's a talent. He'd be a nice player for most teams to have. It's just that the Patriots now have

Cook
Hogan
Mitchell

at the OWR spots, and we don't know what they think of Dorsett for the long term. If it turns out that Mitchell's not coming back this year and Dorsett is not going to be in the plans going forward, and Bryant springs loose, you can be sure that BB will at least think about trying to add Bryant

I think Micthell ain't coming back and Dorsett while still learning is behind three very talented WR's. I think Dorsett's number will be called when one of the Top three misses a game or two. Also Dorsett should be little more comfortable with our playbook in the coming weeks. I think when his number is called he will deliver he gives us very good debt.

It's the "if he's healthy" part that seems to be the problem. Reiss has apparently observed Mitchell around the facility recently and is highly doubtful that Mitchell is even ready to begin practicing.
I'm not sure but i think Reiss' comments were not based upon observation and have kind of gotten blown out of proportion. If I remember correctly they were more like he was aware of McClellin and Valentines status, but didn't know about Mitchell. Could be wrong, if anyone can dredge up the comments, thanks in advance.

I think Micthell ain't coming back and Dorsett while still learning is behind three very talented WR's. I think Dorsett's number will be called when one of the Top three misses a game or two. Also Dorsett should be little more comfortable with our playbook in the coming weeks. I think when his number is called he will deliver he gives us very good debt.
BB yesterday said Dorsett has worked very hard getting assimilated.

Cook
Hogan
Mitchell

at the OWR spots, and we don't know what they think of Dorsett for the long term. If it turns out that Mitchell's not coming back this year and Dorsett is not going to be in the plans going forward, and Bryant springs loose, you can be sure that BB will at least think about trying to add Bryant.
Don't you think Bryant seems to fall into the underachiever, malcontent, me type of player?
While surely if the need was there BB would think about it, this seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't fit (if the rep is true)

Sign him and win a SB just for the lolz of Steeler fans seeing Blount shoot his way out of town there to win a ring and now Bryant. :D

Don't you think Bryant seems to fall into the underachiever, malcontent, me type of player?
While surely if the need was there BB would think about it, this seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't fit (if the rep is true)

He's a former 4th round pick who's turned himself into a legitimate middle-deep threat WR in the NFL. That's not underachieving.

As for fit in N.E., that seems to be hit/miss, regardless of reputation.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back