PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins Playoff Discussion Thread

Since before Larry Bird arrived.
I remeber going to one of the last games of the season the year before Bird arrived. Everyone in the Garden was aware he was coming and there was a buzz in the building. It still boggles my mind that Red knew to draft him a year early and then finish low in the standing to get the number 1 pick.

Hmm...I think my memeory is a little hazy on this, McHale and Parrish came the next year. I'll have to research how they made that trade again.

Last edited:
So far I've been wrong about the habs and i don't like it. I cant believe those bums are up 2 to 1. I should know better. Anything can happen in the NHL playoffs.

So far I've been wrong about the habs and i don't like it. I cant believe those bums are up 2 to 1. I should know better. Anything can happen in the NHL playoffs.

If Alex Tuch scores with 15:00 left in the 3rd, that game is over, with the series likely to soon follow...

In the playoffs sometimes all it takes is a goalie standing on his head and a physical team. They are calling both semis pretty loosely.

After that gut-punch OT loss I though the Habs were done, but now they can close out the Kings at home.

Another goalie standing on his head. They certainly aren't on the cusp of a Cup final because of their forwards.

After that gut-punch OT loss I though the Habs were done, but now they can close out the Kings at home.

Another goalie standing on his head. They certainly aren't on the cusp of a Cup final because of their forwards.

As much as I Never want to see Montreal win another SC in my lifetime, I still wouldn't mind seeing them finish off LV, another city that doesn't deserve an NHL franchise - along with Arizona, Florida & New Jersey - ahead of Quebec City, Salt Lake City, Milwaukee or Portland OR...

**** Marc-Andre Fleury, and Reilly Smith too...Besides, there's NFW that Montreal beats Tampa (aka City of Champions) in the finals anyway.

As much as I Never want to see Montreal win another SC in my lifetime, I still wouldn't mind seeing them finish off LV, another city that doesn't deserve an NHL franchise - along with Arizona, Florida & New Jersey - ahead of Quebec City, Salt Lake City, Milwaukee or Portland OR...

**** Marc-Andre Fleury, and Reilly Smith too...Besides, there's NFW that Montreal beats Tampa (aka City of Champions) in the finals anyway.
Tampa isn't in the Finals............yet.

They should be able to put the Isles away at home, but I said that about the B's and St. Louis two years ago.

Tampa isn't in the Finals............yet.

They should be able to put the Isles away at home, but I said that about the B's and St. Louis two years ago.
The Islanders are a much tougher match-up for Tampa than I thought they’d be. Game 7, you have to take the better goalie at home though.

Bruins would have their way with that Habs team. No idea how they’re doing this. Has to end in the finals right?

Bruins would have their way with that Habs team. No idea how they’re doing this. Has to end in the finals right?
I'm shocked they are in the finals. I want anybody to win but them.

The 1993 Canadiens were the last Canadian team to win the Cup. That streak has to end at some point. Hockey is pretty much all they have up there.

The 1993 Canadiens were the last Canadian team to win the Cup. That streak has to end at some point. Hockey is pretty much all they have up there.

That was the last year they even made it to the finals...Should not have won it all then either...****ing McSorely...

C'mon Islanders now!

I was hoping the Islanders could pull out game 7...Kinda hard to do when you don't score even one ****ing goal...

As long as Tampa defeats Montreal then the season won't be a Complete dud...just a nearly-Complete one.

One thing that I see is the difference in passing skill between the Golden Knights/Lightning and the Bruins. It's almost at man v. boy level.

I was hoping the Islanders could pull out game 7...Kinda hard to do when you don't score even one ****ing goal...

As long as Tampa defeats Montreal then the season won't be a Complete dud...just a nearly-Complete one.
They’re looking like they’re going to sweep Montreal.

Tampa was the clear cup favorite, and the Islanders were only in that series because they were allowed to goon it up without getting penalties, just as they were against Boston. Had the officiating been what it should have been in these playoffs, Boston would have been playing the Lightning, and they probably would have lost in 6 games. So I don't really see any "dud" thing here.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back