PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins Playoff Discussion Thread

We need more players like Taylor Hall here...Use Ralf's space to help in the re-sign effort...Sit down with Krejci & his man face-to-face and ask them to be reasonable...Stick with the new 'Keepers & Halak or of a similar calibre...Re-sign Reilly if at all possible...Gotta ink or swim now with Little Z, Louze-on & Uraho, Donny - you feckin drafted them, after all - and use the space for Hall, Krejci, Reilly, and a Centre or RW for Coyle & Ritchie...And a young, strapping, untamed, Left-handed colt for Lazar & Wagner...
Rask, Krejci, and Hall all signaled a willingness to be at least somewhat flexible about salary for their next deals. The problem is that, even if you can keep them at reasonable terms, this team needs at least 2 of the young defensemen to blossom (or to bring in 2 such players), it needs a reliable 3rd line center, and it needs someone to pummel the hell out of opposing teams' top lines.

And that's not an easy ask for one offseason, especially with a flat salary cap.

Rask, Krejci, and Hall all signaled a willingness to be at least somewhat flexible about salary for their next deals. The problem is that, even if you can keep them at reasonable terms, this team needs at least 2 of the young defensemen to blossom (or to bring in 2 such players), it needs a reliable 3rd line center, and it needs someone to pummel the hell out of opposing teams' top lines.

And that's not an easy ask for one offseason, especially with a flat salary cap.

They need to hit on like 3 drafts in a row going forward but the problem is that by the time those players are in the league and good the aging stars are gone.

I would only re-sign Rask for the vet minimum...and Not One Penny more.

We haven't had a cheap, young prospect in net since Rask himself in 2009...Let's take advantage of this and spend the savings on other positions like Forward, where our pipeline is totally barren.

I know you like hyperbole, captain, but come on. Rask is still a high end goaltender. Try to get him for less? Absolutely. Move on from him? Maybe. But split that baby by only holding for the VM? That's ridiculous.

We haven't had a cheap, young prospect in net since Rask himself in 2009...Let's take advantage of this and spend the savings on other positions like Forward, where our pipeline is totally barren.

You don't want a prospect in net. You want a goaltender in net.

See Subban, Malcolm

They need to hit on like 3 drafts in a row going forward but the problem is that by the time those players are in the league and good the aging stars are gone.

They've got young defensemen in the system. Lauzon showed at least some promise before the injury, for example. Vaakanainen hasn't been given up on yet. And there are others. It's just that potential needs to be actualized. Letting both Krug and Chara go in the same offseason, and then banking on Kevin Miller to be a consistent part of the rotation, and doing all that while knowing that would mean needing multiple young defensemen making the leap was a bad gamble by the Bruins.

I don't know how they fix that problem now, with the flat cap. I just see a team that is probably just that bad 2015 draft away from having won multiple titles since then, and I think that there must be a way to fill in those gaps.

I don't want rask back. i want the team to move on from him and go with swayman and vlad. or sign a vet.

I know you like hyperbole, captain, but come on. Rask is still a high end goaltender. Try to get him for less? Absolutely. Move on from him? Maybe. But split that baby by only holding for the VM? That's ridiculous.

See Subban, Malcolm
Swayman isn't Malcolm subban. He's proven that already.

If Rask comes back even for free there will be pressure to play him after he comes back if the young guys struggle even though there’s no real championship chance. He’ll just get in thats way.

Unfortunately, I think rask will be back because he won't be ready until feb. And he will take less. So you're looking at 3 million for half a year. Maybe less. rask said today he's not going to play for another nhl team. Taylor Hall, David Krejci Not Looking To Maximize Salary On Next Deals
Swayman needs to start next year. If Rask comes back it must be on the cheap and implied he is there to be the backup. Vladar can start a few games as well. Might need a vet on speed dial though.

If Rask is demanding more than $3m he can go back to Helsinki

See Subban, Malcolm

If Puuka is amenable to signing here for what Halak signed last year - $2.25M, then maybe something can be arranged...Otherwise he can **** off.

You notice that I didn't mention Subban during that 12-year stretch? Swayman is a far, Far superior prospect than he is...One of the ChiaPet's worst draft picks ever - and he had a sh!tload of them...

If Puuka is amenable to signing here for what Halak signed last year - $2.25M, then maybe something can be arranged...Otherwise he can **** off.

You notice that I didn't mention Subban during that 12-year stretch? Swayman is a far, Far superior prospect than he is...One of the ChiaPet's worst draft picks ever - and he had a sh!tload of them...

The point of mentioning Subban is that he was a prospect. He was, in fact, a first round pick. Asking for prospects to take over as starters in net is asking for failure. Or, to put it another way, they ain't all Ken Dryden.

As for the Tuuka money thing, you offer him a reasonable deal that is team friendly, but you don't **** all over him and play games with the veteran minimum for a top 5 type of goalie. And, whether you like his playoff success or not, Rask is still a top 5 type of goalie.

Lastly, in case you were thinking about going there, I'm not a Tuuka guy, for multiple reasons. I'd have no problem with the team moving on from him, as long as they had a decent enough veteran replacement to help ease things along.

P-P-Puuka top 5? P-P-Please.
You are acting like a 12 year old with all your silly, ignorant insults for Tuukka. I don't know why you do it, do you feel entitled so much that if every player and GM/coach isn't perfect to your satisfaction you have to cry like a child and make fun of them? You come across very immature, which is a shame because you seem to really pay attention to hockey and could offer some good takes if you cut down on the silly insults. Although that being said, I have absolutely no idea what convinces you that Price has a better chance at winning the Cup than Tuukka. Price has never even gotten his team to the finals. Maybe you are a closet Canadiens fan? Hmm?

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back