PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins Playoff Discussion Thread

Not like it was liquid hot magma breaking news.

Hope things are well with you sir.

Very good., thanks! Hopefully the same for you and yours.

And Rick Macleish

Yep...Carol Vadnais & Shaky Walton were good enough players, but those trades were still short-sighted, especially since the older Walton spent 3 of his prime years in the WHA instead of Boston...

And they've really been unable to develop quality Goaltending since trading Ken Dryden to Montreal 17 ****ing days after drafting him, and then losing both Bernie Parent & Doug Favell to the Flyers in the expansion draft...That streak continued for nearly Twenty(!) years, until the emergence of Bill Ranford, who was then promptly traded to Edmonton (with Geoff Courtnall too!) for the older & over-rated Andy Moog...

Last edited:
I'd pass on Krejci unless it's a team friendly deal. I barely notice him. I'd overpay slightly for Hall but not much. Id like Reilly back for the right price. I'm on the fence about Rask. Clearly has a hard ceiling and limit in terms of instincts & athleticism but he's a good goalie. That position is nuts.

Grizzy had a rough night and doesn't belong on the 1st line. He'd be nice on the 2nd, really good in the 3rd but this team has 0 depth or real talent there so he's pushed up.

I can understand your feelings about Krejci, Hall & Reilly...But there is No fence Whatsoever regarding Puuka...

Also agree that Grizzle has No business Whatsoever being on a 1st pairing, or truthfully even on a 2nd one...And he very seriously needs to be paired with a Big Dude to help him clear the crease...

The Canadians have Carey Price, which makes them a Cup contender every year. He can singlhandedly win it for them.

You put Price in net for the Bruins over the last 9 years, and they win at least 2 or 3 cups.

2013 & 2019 without a doubt....possibly 2010...

Yep...Carol Vadnais & Shaky Walton were good enough players, but those trades were still short-sighted, especially since Walton spent 3 of his prime years in the WHA...

And they were really unable to develop quality Goaltending since trading Ken Dryden to Montreal 17 days after drafting him, and then losing both Bernie Parent & Doug Favell to the Flyers in the expansion draft...That streak continued for nearly Twenty(!) years, until the emergence of Bill Ranford, who was then promptly traded to Edmonton (with Geoff Courtnall too!) for the older & over-rated Andy Moog...
You’re revealing my suppressed childhood memories and not in a good way.

i agree and think Krejci is grossly overrated. I would like Hall back because i think another year with us where he is comfortable not being THE guy would be great. He didn't do much in the NY series and i expected him to be better
Agreed.

I love what DK has done but he's literally taking up space at this point.

We really need a guy like Hall on the 2nd line. No need to light the world on fire but he's a nice piece on the 2nd. And agreed on the series I was hoping for a little more.

I can understand your feelings about Krejci, Hall & Reilly...But there is No fence Whatsoever regarding Puuka...

Also agree that Grizzle has No business Whatsoever being on a 1st pairing, or truthfully even on a 2nd one...And he very seriously needs to be paired with a Big Dude to help him clear the crease...
You right, you right.

in recent memory the excuse was the Bs only had 1 line that could score. this season w Hall they had 2 and The second line was really good vs Washington. Against NYI they were nullified, and it didn't help that Smith missed a game. Vs NYI, lines 3 and 4 were absolute garbage and made me yearn for the days of Danny Paille and Chris Kelly....

The Perfection Line AKA Best Line in Hockey has disappeared in 4 straight post seasons.

in recent memory the excuse was the Bs only had 1 line that could score. this season w Hall they had 2 and The second line was really good vs Washington. Against NYI they were nullified, and it didn't help that Smith missed a game. Vs NYI, lines 3 and 4 were absolute garbage and made me yearn for the days of Danny Paille and Chris Kelly....

Yep, RW was a Black Hole on the 3rd line All season...and Kuraly just needs to ****ing Go...

Chris Kelly always kinda sucked, however, especially for the price the ChiaPet paid for him.

Imagine the line combinations if Sweeney had just ****ing Done His Job during the 2015 draft...

Last edited:
anyone think the isles have a shot at winning this?

anyone think the isles have a shot at winning this?
the Blues won, so why not the Islanders. same team in my opinion. Good goaltending, tough physical play, timely goal scoring. sure, why not

We need more players like Taylor Hall here...Use Ralf's space to help in the re-sign effort...Sit down with Krejci & his man face-to-face and ask them to be reasonable...Stick with the new 'Keepers & Halak or of a similar calibre...Re-sign Reilly if at all possible...Gotta sink or swim now with Little Z, Louzy-on & Uraho, Donny - you feckin drafted them, after all - and use the space for Hall, Krejci, Reilly, and a Centre or RW for Coyle & Ritchie...And a young, strapping, untamed, Left-handed colt for Lazar & Wagner...

Last edited:
We need more players like Taylor Hall here...Use Ralf's space to help in the re-sign effort...Sit down with Krejci & his man face-to-face and ask them to be reasonable...Stick with the new 'Keepers & Halak or of a similar calibre...Re-sign Reilly if at all possible...Gotta ink or swim now with Little Z, Louze-on & Uraho, Donny - you feckin drafted them, after all - and use the space for Hall, Krejci, Reilly, and a Centre or RW for Coyle & Ritchie...And a young, strapping, untamed, Left-handed colt for Lazar & Wagner...
Unfortunately, I think rask will be back because he won't be ready until feb. And he will take less. So you're looking at 3 million for half a year. Maybe less. rask said today he's not going to play for another nhl team. Taylor Hall, David Krejci Not Looking To Maximize Salary On Next Deals

Last edited:
Fortunately for the Bruins the NHL is a league where you can build through the middle. Unfortunately for the Bruins that would involve drafting considerably better and also their owner is terrible.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back