PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins Playoff Discussion Thread

THe only time I watched the Bruins this year was the series vs the Caps and Isles. It seems to me as a casual observer that Boston has no scoring beyond Pasternak-Bergeron-Marchand. If those guys get shut down the chances are pretty good they'll lose.

He can be entertaining and provides more value than other sports markets where the radio people kiss all the teams asses because they need to to get media access.
I'm all for a contrarian point of view and someone independent of the marketing strategies used by the local sports teams, but his schtick hasn't changed since 2005 when he started promoting the end of the Patriot's run and the coming demise. I don't even think he really believes half the crap that comes out of his mouth. He just does it for the publicity and to stay relevant.

I'm all for a contrarian point of view and someone independent of the marketing strategies used by the local sports teams, but his schtick hasn't changed since 2005 when he started promoting the end of the Patriot's run and the coming demise. I don't even think he really believes half the crap that comes out of his mouth. He just does it for the publicity and to stay relevant.

I mean he’s completely open that the only local team he has a rooting interest in as a fan is the Bruins. It’s no secret of his. As far as the other teams go he just wants them to be relevant at all costs because Boston falling back into the 90s is bad for the whole industry.

I know that this is already widely known, but Felger is such an azz-sucking mouthpiece. How is he still taken seriously on Boston sports talk radio?
He taps into the fellowship of the miserable by taking a troll position on every single issue. Then, after a while, he and Mazz flip positions on that issue, so that the miserable bastards keep listening. Their success is based upon that, since neither has any actual ability to cover any sport but baseball (Mazz).

He taps into the fellowship of the miserable by taking a troll position on every single issue. Then, after a while, he and Mazz flip positions on that issue, so that the miserable bastards keep listening. Their success is based upon that, since neither has any actual ability to cover any sport but baseball (Mazz).
That's what puzzles me the most and how he stays relevant after going to that well over and over for almost 20 years. I guess it's more of a testament to the New England sports market more than anything and quite pathetic actually.

That's what puzzles me the most and how he stays relevant after going to that well over and over for almost 20 years. I guess it's more of a testament to the New England sports market more than anything and quite pathetic actually.
Yes, it's proof positive that there's a huge difference between education and intelligence.

Canadiens and Flyers had something to do with it.

Rangers were no joke either in the early 70s.

They were still a 100 point team after Orr but were not on the same talent level at MTL.

The arrival of the WHA also killed their depth...And trading away Reggie Leach didn't help either...

The bruins window is still open. It depends on what they do in the off season with rask. If they let him walk. They can make significant moves. They need to cut ties with kevan miller. He's just not reliable whatsoever.

Yep...Try to re-sign Krejci, Hall & Mike Reilly within reason; and allow Puuka, Miller & Kuraly to walk.

Too bad they're stuck with Matty the Midget Grizzle, who was ATROCIOUS tonight, for THREE more seasons...

Hockey is so damn hard to win consistently. Especially Stanley cups. How many times do we see a Presidents Cup trophy team win the whole thing? It’s getting rare. Playoffs are the worst gauntlet of the 4 major sports Tired of seeing lower seeds getting hot down the stretch, used to be cool but its way to common in hockey where the 5th seed or lower do major damage.

Problem is the Bruins have only been able to pull one out of their ass with so many good teams over the years. Pretty frustrating as a fan. I bs you not, if the Bruins win the presidents cup next season I feel like they have a 20% to go all the way with the way this format is. Just too many teams in the playoffs and too many teams in the league overall. Btw the league shape up divisions was a laughable joke,

Hockey is so damn hard to win consistently. Especially Stanley cups. How many times do we see a Presidents Cup trophy team win the whole thing? It’s getting rare. Playoffs are the worst gauntlet of the 4 major sports Tired of seeing lower seeds getting hot down the stretch, used to be cool but its way to common in hockey where the 5th seed or lower do major damage.

Problem is the Bruins have only been able to pull one out of their ass with so many good teams over the years. Pretty frustrating as a fan. I bs you not, if the Bruins win the presidents cup next season I feel like they have a 20% to go all the way with the way this format is. Just too many teams in the playoffs and too many teams in the league overall. Btw the league shape up divisions was a laughable joke,
Fingers crossed they go back to the regular format. The Canadians have no business being in the playoffs. I'll be shocked if they don't lose to Vegas or the AVS in 5 games.

What a sh*tty performance. Gotten d*cked by a team that will most likely be quietly eliminated in the next round. Oh well. Hopefully make some changes for the better in the offseason
I think you are really underrating how good the Islanders are, this is their second trip in a row to the Conference finals, and they beat some good teams convincingly to get there. They are a very good team all the way around and they are going to be a contender for at least the next few seasons. Beating Tampa Bay will be tough because they are the best team in hockey, but the Islanders will make it a tough Conference final.

Agree with this completely.

The bruins window is still open. It depends on what they do in the off season with rask. If they let him walk. They can make significant moves. They need to cut ties with kevan miller. He's just not reliable whatsoever.
While I agree that they still have a shot going forward it is going to get tougher and tougher. Even teams like the L.A. Kings, who didn’t go far this season, have a ton of young talent in their roster. I think the biggest issue they face isn’t Rask, or anything to do with this roster, it’s the Jacobs unwillingness to invest in the franchise. It’s a truly international draft and you have invest heavily in international scouting to find the best young talent in the world, and I just don’t believe the Jacobs are willing to do that. Sweeney is forced to operate with both hands tied behind his back. He’s done a good job overall but I think that this is really going to hurt them going forward.

Yep...Try to re-sign Krejci, Hall & Mike Reilly within reason; and allow Puuka, Miller & Kuraly to walk.

Too bad they're stuck with Matty the Midget Grizzle, who was ATROCIOUS tonight, for THREE more seasons...
I'd pass on Krejci unless it's a team friendly deal. I barely notice him. I'd overpay slightly for Hall but not much. Id like Reilly back for the right price. I'm on the fence about Rask. Clearly has a hard ceiling and limit in terms of instincts & athleticism but he's a good goalie. That position is nuts.

Grizzy had a rough night and doesn't belong on the 1st line. He'd be nice on the 2nd, really good in the 3rd but this team has 0 depth or real talent there so he's pushed up.

Salary-wise.....a top heavy roster with stars who fit more in the finesse category and thrive in the less physical regular season.
The few dollars left over pay for 2 lines of JAGs at best.
Boston Bruins 2020 Salary Cap Table | Spotrac

The B's string of regular season successes has minimized the team's drafting position and Boston has not drafted in the top 10 since 2011.
Judge for yourself the team's recent drafting success.
Boston Bruins Draft History at hockeydb.com

Aging stars who consume a disproportionate amount of the cap, no impact players in the pipeline, low draft position yearly........
Seems inevitable lean years are on the not-to-distant horizon

how can people say or even think you can win Lord Stanley's Cup w our heartless, weak kneed Finnish netminder? he is 3-6 in elimination games ...yes, 3-6
Make that 3-7 folks...
The Rask apologists are idiots. He is not a big game goalie, never was, never will be...He can't hold Tim Thomas's blocker

The Bruins in reality are a long way from the team they had in 2011, and even that team needed other-worldly goaltending from Thomas. Bergeron and Krejci are aging, there are black holes on the off lines and they are nowhere near as physical, which shows up in the playoffs, especially late in series. Hearing Bruins teams complain about getting pushed around is jarring. I am afraid it will take an overhaul to win the Cup again.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back