PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns Fire Hue Jackson

I saw over the weekend that poor sap wants another NFL job, which isn't surprising. He also said he has a deep hatred for the Patriots and one of his motivations for returning is to beat them. Way to show potential employers that you've got your head on straight and will be focused on the important things, Chuck.

Think of the possibilities:

Jets fire Bowles....

Hiring a new coach and drafting another QB in the first round should set this ship straight lickety split!

Weird timing. Not sure what management was expecting from the Browns this year. To me they seemed to more competitive that during any stretch in recent history. If the Browns wanted to fire Hue they should have done it before the draft and given a new coach all that draft arsenal to work with.

Not saying that Hue is/was anything remotely close to being a good coach. But still, he was probably the last sane person left in that organization.

I saw over the weekend that poor sap wants another NFL job, which isn't surprising. He also said he has a deep hatred for the Patriots and one of his motivations for returning is to beat them. Way to show potential employers that you've got your head on straight and will be focused on the important things, Chuck.

Joining John Gruden Club and we see how that's working out for him. Chuckies Revenge lol.

Weird timing. Not sure what management was expecting from the Browns this year. To me they seemed to more competitive that during any stretch in recent history. If the Browns wanted to fire Hue they should have done it before the draft and given a new coach all that draft arsenal to work with.

Hue had approximately zero input on draft selections. Both Hue and Dorsey made that fairly clear. Unlike the Pats (and other regularly successful franchises), the Browns are strictly a top-down organization in which the HC is often just a figurehead (then scapegoat).

the only surprise is that they didn't fire him after going 0-16.

Not saying that Hue is/was anything remotely close to being a good coach. But still, he was probably the last sane person left in that organization.
You can be both sane and incompetent.

the only surprise is that they didn't fire him after going 0-16.

• Browns hire new GM
  • Owner says "Give the HC a chance"
  • Owner finally gives GM green light to axe HC
  • GM gets rid of HC

What did browns fans do to deserve this team? They are a disgrace, i mean the league is built towards different teams competing year to year and when was the last time they were remotely competitive??

I wonder what Hue did wrong (besides misspelling his own name). It can't be for losing football games.

• Browns hire new GM
  • Owner says "Give the HC a chance"
  • Owner finally gives GM green light to axe HC
  • GM gets rid of HC
What's wrong here?

Yew Jackass is a clown show. The Browns were a 7 - 9 win team last season and Yew stuck with Kizer.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back