PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns Fire Hue Jackson

• Browns hire new GM
  • Owner says "Give the HC a chance"
  • Owner finally gives GM green light to axe HC
  • GM gets rid of HC

Just a follow up on this, as PFT just posted the article (They misread what was going to happen with Haley, which is amusing, but the point I'm referring to is here:

Last year, Jackson successfully blamed former V.P. of football operations Sashi Brown for the mess that the organization had become, escaping all accountability and prompting Jimmy Haslam to declare on multiple occasions that Hue Jackson would remain the coach for years to come. The arrival of Dorsey suggested otherwise; every G.M. wants to hire his own coach, and Dorsey surely wanted to move on much more quickly from Hue Jackson than Dorsey did.

But Dorsey needed the Haslams to come to that conclusion on their own. And Hue’s apparent attempt to shove offensive coordinator Todd Haley out the door likely forced the situation to a head, because Haley was hired by Dorsey and essentially forced onto Hue.

Haslams finally realized that Hue Jackson was not the answer

What did browns fans do to deserve this team? They are a disgrace, i mean the league is built towards different teams competing year to year and when was the last time they were remotely competitive??
Butch Davis.

They a WR Corp to die for back then.

Haley getting fired is the surprise, I think everyone assumed he'd be the interim HC, since at least on paper he was the least bad option for that job.

On the other hand, everyone has hated Haley wherever he's gone, like personally hated his guts. So there's that. But everyone also hates Gregg Williams.

Watching bits of hardknocks I couldn't believe how such insecure/immature person (among other things) could be trusted with such a job. Then again look who's running the countries so what do i know..

Still, my heart goes out to Huey. Losing mother and brother and not being able to properly say goodbye to them bc of the job . and couple of months later losing that job . that's a lot for any human being so i hope he finds his way through this..

Hue had approximately zero input on draft selections. Both Hue and Dorsey made that fairly clear. Unlike the Pats (and other regularly successful franchises), the Browns are strictly a top-down organization in which the HC is often just a figurehead (then scapegoat).
Hue had input on the draft.

Dorsey had to draft for Hues systems. Greg Williams works for Hue Jackson.

I mean, the browns are cleaning house and giving up for the season, maybe Jarvis Landry just became available for cheap

Watching bits of hardknocks I couldn't believe how such insecure/immature person (among other things) could be trusted with such a job. Then again look who's running the countries so what do i know..

Still, my heart goes out to Huey. Losing mother and brother and not being able to properly say goodbye to them bc of the job . and couple of months later losing that job . that's a lot for any human being so i hope he finds his way through this..
Some people have no business being a head coach in the NFL.

You keep failing to get results other than negative then you should lose your job and that goes for anyone.

Nice guy and trying real hard don't cut the mustard.

Updated: #Browns Hue Jackson was fired after a meeting with the Haslams and Dorsey, who told him the team had regressed and the leadership wasn't what they wanted, per a league source

Butch Davis.

2002 right? And they even were one and done. Last coach to win a playoff game for them I believe is bb in 1994 lmao

2002 right? And they even were one and done. Last coach to win a playoff game for them I believe is bb in 1994 lmao

They have had good players too.

QB? No, it's been a spinning wheel of fail.

Butch Davis.

You talking about the Quincy Morgan, Dennis Northcutt, and Kevin Johnson trio?

No true stud, but a lot of talented guys. Kinda reminded me of the WR corps we had back in the early 00’s.

What did browns fans do to deserve this team? They are a disgrace, i mean the league is built towards different teams competing year to year and when was the last time they were remotely competitive??

Since the Browns franchise was reconstituted in 1999, they've had exactly two seasons in which they won more than 7 games:

9-7, 2002, Butch Davis HC, Tim Couch at starting QB
10-6, 2007, Romeo Crennell HC, Derek Anderson at starting QB

Since Crennell, only Mike Pettine has gotten them above 5 wins ... 7-9 in 2014, with HOYER as his starting QB. After just two seasons, Pettine was replaced by Jackson at the end of 2015.

Bad ownership. Bad front office.

Hue Jackson was a true moron, just completely clueless. There was no way to watch this year's Hard Knocks and come away with any other opinion. He came off way worse than Jeff Fisher, which is saying something.

Since the Browns franchise was reconstituted in 1999, they've had exactly two seasons in which they won more than 7 games:

9-7, 2002, Butch Davis HC, Tim Couch at starting QB
10-6, 2007, Romeo Crennell HC, Derek Anderson at starting QB

Since Crennell, only Mike Pettine has gotten them above 5 wins ... 7-9 in 2014, with HOYER as his starting QB. After just two seasons, Pettine was replaced by Jackson at the end of 2015.

Bad ownership. Bad front office.

**** now that you've made this post the ghost of Good Derek Anderson from those 8 games in 2007 is going to visit us tonight

Haley getting fired is the surprise, I think everyone assumed he'd be the interim HC, since at least on paper he was the least bad option for that job.

On the other hand, everyone has hated Haley wherever he's gone, like personally hated his guts. So there's that. But everyone also hates Gregg Williams.

Dorsey is apparently kind of an autocratic jerk. Haley was his hand-picked guy (Hue had no say in the hiring). So, asshattery starts at the top - Haslam.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back