PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breer believes Patriots would consider trading Mac to Raiders

But there is no way in the world that based on the route Brown was running that it was a spot that Brown could have adjusted to when Hurts threw the ball. Look at the video.
Um, maybe you should look at the video because the pass resulted in a TD, which means "there is no way in the world that based on the route Brown was running that it was in a spot that Brown could have adjusted to when Hurts threw the ball" is wrong. Because as the video shows, that's exactly what happened.

Garoppolo by the injuries:

2016:
Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain
2018: ACL Tear
2020: High Ankle Sprain (Grade 3)
2020: Reinjured High Ankle Sprain
2021: Left Calf Strain
2021: UCL Tear Right Thumb
2022: Shoulder Strain
2022: Pedal Foot Fracture
On the flip side, at least it’s all different random things and not one chronic issue. But yeah it is unfortunately a lot of missed time.

Um, maybe you should look at the video because the pass resulted in a TD, which means "there is no way in the world that based on the route Brown was running that it was in a spot that Brown could have adjusted to when Hurts threw the ball" is wrong. Because as the video shows, that's exactly what happened.

I meant no way in the world Hurts could have known Brown could have or would have made the adjustment on the ball. And again, if the defender didn't fall over, he might have had a better shot at the ball.

I meant no way in the world Hurts could have known Brown could have or would have made the adjustment on the ball.
So, what do you think? Hurts was throwing it away? Come on, he threw the pass with every intention of it being catchable for Brown. Which it was, which is the main point here, Hurts threw the ball and Brown caught it. You're talking like Hurts threw it 10 yards out of bounds.

Mac Jones is by far the best QB this franchise has ever had. He's not going anywhere, much to the dismay of his virgin haters.
Episode 14 Nbc GIF by One Chicago

So, what do you think? Hurts was throwing it away? Come on, he threw the pass with every intention of it being catchable for Brown. Which it was, which is the main point here, Hurts threw the ball and Brown caught it. You're talking like Hurts threw it 10 yards out of bounds.

I think he was just off target. A lot of his deep passes that day were off target. Don't even get me started on the Hail Mary at the end of the game. I don't think he meant to throw it away. I think he just didn't throw it to the right spot and was lucky Brown made a play on it anyway.

I think he was just off target. A lot of his deep passes that day were off target. Don't even get me started on the Hail Mary at the end of the game. I don't think he meant to throw it away. I think he just didn't throw it to the right spot and was lucky Brown made a play on it anyway.
Hurts is incredible as a runner but I will take just about anyone over him as a passer.

Have we gotten any memes with Jalen Hurts bodysurfing yet which many people are getting pissed off over?

Interesting to think on. I don’t think it’ll happen but it’s not totally farfetched. Bill trades Mac for pick #38 and signs Garoppolo, then uses #14 and #38 to fill the gaps at WR or CB and tackle? Then plans for Garoppolo to start for gives Zappe a shot at the job. Or perhaps just goes with Zappe, drafts another QB, signs a cheaper vet and uses the cap on other tools.

Again, unlikely stuff but it’s interesting to think on the potential scenarios. In all likelihood it’ll be Mac in ‘23.
how about we just give our young QB, who is in his 3rd year, an actual competent offensive coordinator and run a system they are both familiar with.

Carr is treated like a bum and I don't know why.
He hasn't won a ton, but he's been stuck on the Raiders with a turn-style of coaching and Davis's as the owner.
He's really durable, reliable and can produce consistently. His TD/INT ratio isn't top echelon, but with a good team around him could lead a team for another 5 or 6 years.
He's the same age as Jimmy G, with much more playing time, and much less injury history.

This is very interesting stuff.

I don't think the Raiders would outright give up their #7 overall pick for Mac Jones.

But would they entertain a pick swap of #7 for Jones plus our #14 and say kick in their 2nd or 3rd round pick?

If the Patriots moved up to #7 who would you target?

Again the only caveat this is unlikely to happen but moving up in the draft wouldn't be a bad idea if BB isn't in love with Mac as the franchise QB for the Patriots moving forward.

Whether Jones is the future or not you don’t trade him for anything less than a first.

Garoppolo by the injuries:

2016:
Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain
2018: ACL Tear
2020: High Ankle Sprain (Grade 3)
2020: Reinjured High Ankle Sprain
2021: Left Calf Strain
2021: UCL Tear Right Thumb
2022: Shoulder Strain
2022: Pedal Foot Fracture

Interesting how well Jimmy G. has performed overall despite those injuries, don't you agree? Yet, you assume he somehow would get McDaniels fired. That makes no sense, or at least begs an explanation.

Interesting how well Jimmy G. has performed overall despite those injuries, don't you agree? Yet, you assume he somehow would get McDaniels fired. That makes no sense, or at least begs an explanation.
We can debate how good or bad Garoppolo is as a quarterback, but that's not the point, he's fine, he was good last season until he got hurt, which the story of his career. If nothing else, he's proven he's not durable enough to be counted on a QB1. He might be a good fit for the Raiders offense, but who's the backup, because he'll likely see significant playing time too. Josh has a hard enough time getting production out of a QB (not named Brady) so I don't trust him to find two quarterbacks, which is what he'll need if Garoppolo is his QB1 to start the season.

I'll repeat what I said earlier, heading into next season, Josh's QB can't be Mac (he's not good enough) or Garoppolo (he's not durable enough).

Interesting to think on. I don’t think it’ll happen but it’s not totally farfetched. Bill trades Mac for pick #38 and signs Garoppolo, then uses #14 and #38 to fill the gaps at WR or CB and tackle? Then plans for Garoppolo to start for gives Zappe a shot at the job. Or perhaps just goes with Zappe, drafts another QB, signs a cheaper vet and uses the cap on other tools.

Again, unlikely stuff but it’s interesting to think on the potential scenarios. In all likelihood it’ll be Mac in ‘23.
Way I see it, I don't think BB has the ace up his sleeve when it comes to Mac, regardless of if Mac reached out to whomever bb created this problem that didn't have to be.. ownership has stepped in to ensure the ship gets righted... I don't see Mac being traded.

Kid's basically going into his second year. Last year is a total writeoff thanks to Belichick's incompetence in the coaching department.

Mac shouldn’t appreciate the way Belichick make a couple of bozos his offensive coaching staff.

Way I see it, I don't think BB has the ace up his sleeve when it comes to Mac, regardless of if Mac reached out to whomever bb created this problem that didn't have to be.. ownership has stepped in to ensure the ship gets righted... I don't see Mac being traded.
Belichick may be unhappy with the way Mac handled the situation last year, but Mac's problem did not stem from issues with the opposition or with his own teammates. They arose from the offensive coordinator, the QB coach, and the playbook. I am in no way comparing Mac with Brady, but Tom always had good offensive coordinators and Dante to stabilize the offensive line. Mac did not enjoy these advantages last year and the fault, at least partially, rests with Belichick.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back