PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breer believes Patriots would consider trading Mac to Raiders

Breer is a hack. All of his BS is just speculation and opinions this means absolutely nothing... He's just butthurt Mac torched his alma mater in the championship game.

Yes McDaniels is risking potentially his last year ever as a HC on Mac

Completely agree that saying Mac has a noodle arm is off base. Mac's issue is that he doesn't always set his feet when he throws, when he isn't set the ball doesn't have much zip behind it. That's not an arm strength problem, that is a mechanics problem. He needs to improve his footwork in the pocket, both in terms of stepping up to avoid the rush and setting his feet when he throws.

Then arm strength is the issue. This is exactly why a guy with good arm strength comes in handy, when he doesn’t have time to set and step into the throw.

Mac to San Fran for Deebo. Jimmy G signs with the Pats. Everyone gets what they originally wanted & all is right in the world.

He left to play with Carr, not to get away from Rodgers. And this is what Adams posted on Twitter two weeks ago (since the anti-Mac crowd feels social media is a good indicator about what a player is thinking).

So he’s buying Carr’s house?

Garoppolo by the numbers:

53 wins, 21 losses
67.6 completion percentage
87 touchdowns, 42 interceptions
99.6 rating
29 games missed.

We can debate how good or bad Garoppolo is as a quarterback, but that's not the point, he's fine, he was good last season until he got hurt, which the story of his career. If nothing else, he's proven he's not durable enough to be counted on a QB1. He might be a good fit for the Raiders offense, but who's the backup, because he'll likely see significant playing time too. Josh has a hard enough time getting production out of a QB (not named Brady) so I don't trust him to find two quarterbacks, which is what he'll need if Garoppolo is his QB1 to start the season.

I'll repeat what I said earlier, heading into next season, Josh's QB can't be Mac (he's not good enough) or Garoppolo (he's not durable enough).

Jimmy G. is a better-than-average QB. He's had a solid body of work despite the injuries, not all of which can be attributed to an alleged lack of "durability." You still haven't explained how/why his playing for Vegas would get McDaniels fired. He's better than Stidham. As for Mac, no one knows how good he is at this stage.

Kid's basically going into his second year. Last year is a total writeoff thanks to Belichick's incompetence in the coaching department.
Agreed!!! More like trying to get his buddies coaching gigs again at the expense of totally wasting his 2nd yr qb.. as great as BB is I put this up there with the Malcom butler benching...

Jimmy G. is a better-than-average QB. He's had a solid body of work despite the injuries, not all of which can be attributed to an alleged lack of "durability." You still haven't explained how/why his playing for Vegas would get McDaniels fired. He's better than Stidham. As for Mac, no one knows how good he is at this stage.
"Alleged lack of durability"? He's the most injury prone quarterback in the league.

I'll explain it (again) this way...

A. Josh needs to have a good season or he's getting fired (so 10 wins at least and a playoff spot).

B. Josh needs an above average quarterback for an entire season to accomplish A.

C. Not only is Garoppolo very unlikely to be available for the entire season but he will likely miss multiple games.

D. Josh is not having a good season with a backup quarterback starting multiple games.

E. Josh gets fired.

"Alleged lack of durability"? He's the most injury prone quarterback in the league.

I'll explain it (again) this way...

A. Josh needs to have a good season or he's getting fired (so 10 wins at least and a playoff spot).

B. Josh needs an above average quarterback for an entire season to accomplish A.

C. Not only is Garoppolo very unlikely to be available for the entire season but he will likely miss multiple games.

D. Josh is not having a good season with a backup quarterback starting multiple games.

E. Josh gets fired.

Who said McDaniels' job is on the line? I haven't seen that anywhere beyond your presumption. The Raiders' biggest issue, at least last season, appeared to be its defense; offensively, they scored 20 points or better in 12 games. Your idea that he gets fired if Garoppolo is signed then gets hurt and his backup doesn't play well simply makes no sense.

Stop it. Zappe two games where he wasn't asked to do much and didn't screw up and one good game and one horrible game. He didn't play a complete season. And you are a fraud because you argue the opposite in support of Zappe and don't discount his play because it is against bad teams and now you are arguing Jones only performed against bad defenses.

BTW, the Titans had one of the best defenses in the league in 2021 and that was Jones' second best game of the season. Cleveland was 4th in passing yards allowed.

And again, as a ROOKIE, Jones got 10 wins. He probably would have gotten more this year if he didn't get injured and he had a real offense. Jones is an at least 10-11 win QB with a good OC. Maybe more.

But again, if Belichick is so concerned about getting Shula's record and making big moves to assure that, why would he put Patricia in charge of the offense and change the offensive system to something that didn't fit the players they had on offense to boot? Take Jones out of equation. If anything, it seems like Belichick knows he has Shula's record all locked up and just going through the motions while he runs out the string. The Patricia/Judge move screams a move that made Belichick feel the most comfortable rather than putting the team in the best position to get into the playoffs and seriously contend.
Mac was likely playing for a 10 win team this year if not for Meyers being a moron. With Patricia. He probably gets the Lions and Browns wins but who knows.

I think everyone's been a bit inconsistent though. Mac is good for getting 10 wins with McDaniels but what was effectively a 10 win team with Mac and Patricia demonstrates Patricia's incompetence.

Who said McDaniels' job is on the line? I haven't seen that anywhere beyond your presumption. The Raiders' biggest issue, at least last season, appeared to be its defense; offensively, they scored 20 points or better in 12 games. Your idea that he gets fired if Garoppolo is signed then gets hurt and his backup doesn't play well simply makes no sense.
The Raiders blew 5 fourth quarter leads, 4 halftime leads of 10 or more points, and 3 leads of 17 or more points. Josh probably would be unemployed now if not for Jakobi's lateral.

This is very interesting stuff.

I don't think the Raiders would outright give up their #7 overall pick for Mac Jones.

But would they entertain a pick swap of #7 for Jones plus our #14 and say kick in their 2nd or 3rd round pick?

If the Patriots moved up to #7 who would you target?

Again the only caveat this is unlikely to happen but moving up in the draft wouldn't be a bad idea if BB isn't in love with Mac as the franchise QB for the Patriots moving forward.

That’s completely dependent upon who is left. Stroud would be the only 1st round QB I would take, Young is just too small, and Levi’s is too much of a project.

Mac shouldn’t appreciate the way Belichick make a couple of bozos his offensive coaching staff.
He shouldn't, but also he shouldn't be looking back to last season, he should be looking forward to next season.

This season is really make or break for his career because after the third year the Pats can offer him an extension.

If he plays well, he can lock in a long-term extension for big bucks.

If he doesn't play well, he's probably on that second-tier trajectory where he plays out his time here then becomes someone else's fixer-upper or backup.

If this doesn't sound right, why do we have nine pages of posts here all about trading the guy?

He's got someone behind him in the depth chart that can at least give him some competition.

Hope he's worrying about this kind of stuff instead of focusing on what happened last season.

Talk to me when it's Curran or Jeff Howe. Not breer.... He has never broken anything. He even admits it wouldn't be for a 1st round pick.

So what's in this for the Patriots? Trade Mac on a rookie contract for less than you got him for when you don't know what he is?

The same clowns yelling to "trade Mac" will turn on Bill the moment Mac looks like a real QB with a real OC and weapons and Zappe gets passes batted down at the line.

Talk to me when it's Curran or Jeff Howe. Not breer.... He has never broken anything. He even admits it wouldn't be for a 1st round pick.

So what's in this for the Patriots? Trade Mac on a rookie contract for less than you got him for when you don't know what he is?

The same clowns yelling to "trade Mac" will turn on Bill the moment Mac looks like a real QB with a real OC and weapons and Zappe gets passes batted down at the line.
Curran, howe or reiss... Mac is going to shut up alot of haters this season.. many of them so called patiots fans...!!!!!

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back