PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's dad claims Bill may be "On the hot seat"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to the OP - kinda obvious to me that Tom Sr did not mean Bill was on the coaching hot seat as in for his job - and not that he'd know that anyway. Firing Bill Belichick as an emotional reaction to Brady leaving and succeeding less than a year after he left would be the dumbest move in the history of the NFL and maybe also in the history of any major professional sport anywhere.

I'm sure he meant "hot seat" as in he's going to be asked a lot of questions that might make a coach squirm. And I'm sure he's right.

Bill can handle it.

Last edited:
Seeing how you spent the time to author a fairly level-headed, well-written post and are attempting to rehabilitate your PatsFans image I will respond and be cordial in kind.

To be clear I am loyal to the TEAM. Not the Krafts. Not BB. Not Tom. I am loyal to the uniform. I will watch, follow and support this team just like I did in 1981, 1991, 2001, 2011, 2020 and until the day I die. I don't switch allegiances just because I think the FO screwed up, or Kraft got a rub at a flip-n-grip dive or the GOAT goes to another team. I'm not wired that way. Following a sports team is like having a brother. You'll get in fights. He'll piss you off but he'll also be the best man at your wedding and will hold your 1st child when they are barely an hour old.

I'm not going to waste any additional typing motions explaining the ins and outs of my BB/Tom position or debate it again. The entire board knows my interpretation of the events and it isn't changing. I wish Tom was still here and I'm glad he was successful and happy in TB. We'll never see someone like him again in our lives. I also understand what BB's position was. It was a tough situation and he did what he felt was in the best interests of the franchise pertaining to it's long-term success. He traded any marginal, short-term success for an opportunity to accelerate the rebuilding process which provides a better chance at sustained excellence. He felt Tom did not want to be part of that and a slow slide would only add to his already unhappy disposition here. People blame BB for Tom's unhappiness but there was a lot more to it than Tom being unable to get rub-downs from Guerreo in the locker room or money.

I'm not sure there is anything to respond to here. It is what it is.
Okay. We're not so far apart in some respects. I get the loyalty to the laundry, it's just not the end game for me. Obviously I'm a huge Brady fan. I honestly feel like he validated everything I invested in the team pre-dynasty. He provided the payoff.

I also believe Belichick was motivated to move the franchise beyond the Brady experience because he selfishly wanted to prove he could win without Brady. I don't feel like Brady considered his legacy in that context... ultimately he would have been content with finishing his career as a Patriot. Belichick wasn't having it, the Krafts weren't going to bat for Brady anymore, and incidentally the roster was crumbling around Brady due to an accumulation of poor drafts by Bill. Brady gave'em one more year for old-times sake but all the principles knew it was over, which makes it all the more bewildering that Belichick had such apparent disregard for the quarterback position 2020.

In the end ironically Belichick prompted a scenario where Brady was the one able to prove he could win without the other, which is something he wouldn't have otherwise set out to do. As it is, Brady finds himself in a highly advantageous position. The NFC South is about to morph into the old AFC East with every team in a reset except for Tampa Bay who almost certainly will find themselves competing in another NFCCG next season.

Meanwhile the Patriots suddenly find themselves looking up at the Bills for sure and probably the Dolphins too. Otherwise the conference featured three wild card teams with 11-5 records, which the Patriots were nowhere near this season. Assuming moderate improvement otherwise with their roster, tell me who their quarterback is and I'll tell you their record. My guess is it'll be Mariota or the like with a 2nd or 3rd rounder being developed behind him.

The Patriots have a long way to go to get past Buffalo. There's no way they're catching KC before 2023 at least. If they go 3-13 like you said in any season then it's over for Belichick. That said, I don't think they'll get any worse than 6-10. I also don't think Belichick will get'em back to the Super Bowl within the remaining window of his coaching career.

Respect brother.

Okay. We're not so far apart in some respects. I get the loyalty to the laundry, it's just not the end game for me. Obviously I'm a huge Brady fan. I honestly feel like he validated everything I invested in the team pre-dynasty. He provided the payoff.

I also believe Belichick was motivated to move the franchise beyond the Brady experience because he selfishly wanted to prove he could win without Brady. I don't feel like Brady considered his legacy in that context... ultimately he would have been content with finishing his career as a Patriot. Belichick wasn't having it, the Krafts weren't going to bat for Brady anymore, and incidentally the roster was crumbling around Brady due to an accumulation of poor drafts by Bill. Brady gave'em one more year for old-times sake but all the principles knew it was over, which makes it all the more bewildering that Belichick had such apparent disregard for the quarterback position 2020.

In the end ironically Belichick prompted a scenario where Brady was the one able to prove he could win without the other, which is something he wouldn't have otherwise set out to do. As it is, Brady finds himself in a highly advantageous position. The NFC South is about to morph into the old AFC East with every team in a reset except for Tampa Bay who almost certainly will find themselves competing in another NFCCG next season.

Meanwhile the Patriots suddenly find themselves looking up at the Bills for sure and probably the Dolphins too. Otherwise the conference featured three wild card teams with 11-5 records, which the Patriots were nowhere near this season. Assuming moderate improvement otherwise with their roster, tell me who their quarterback is and I'll tell you their record. My guess is it'll be Mariota or the like with a 2nd or 3rd rounder being developed behind him.

The Patriots have a long way to go to get past Buffalo. There's no way they're catching KC before 2023 at least. If they go 3-13 like you said in any season then it's over for Belichick. That said, I don't think they'll get any worse than 6-10. I also don't think Belichick will get'em back to the Super Bowl within the remaining window of his coaching career.

Respect brother.
We'll agree to disagree on the, "Bill was selfish/win without Tom" part".

Moving on.

You can just take the L and move on boomer. I could care less about your desperate insults over semantics that you failed to convey.
I did not know I was trying to win anything. But congrats if you think you won the internet today. I am proud of you.

I did not know I was trying to win anything. But congrats if you think you won the internet today. I am proud of you.
Well at least you can look at yourself in the mirror and say you tried at typing up a comeback.

I’m sure this isn’t the first time you’ve heard this in life, but you failed. Bye bye.

Last edited:
Well at least you can look at yourself in the mirror and say you tried at typing up a comeback.

I’m sure this isn’t the first time you’ve heard this in life, but you failed. Bye bye.

Oh its not bye bye. Your Jr. High arse will be back. I am sure of it.

it has begun

it has begun

What would put Bill on the coaching hot seat right now? If there was a link to Belichick with the Bengals taping incident he would be there right now I think.

Last edited:
it has begun

BB has not lost his fast ball, but Brady by winning in a pandemic with a new team, granted that team was loaded with talent, showed that BB talent eval has been abysmal. He can get free agents but trusting BB's drafting is not an easy thing to do. I am a BB guy thru and thru but even I admit that his drafting has been atrocious.
But then, if you complain, it means you are taking the 6 superbowls for granted. It was not just Brady; you can't expect to win it every year. So what can realistically be done or expected?

BB has not lost his fast ball, but Brady by winning in a pandemic with a new team, granted that team was loaded with talent, showed that BB talent eval has been abysmal. He can get free agents but trusting BB's drafting is not an easy thing to do. I am a BB guy thru and thru but even I admit that his drafting has been atrocious.
But then, if you complain, it means you are taking the 6 superbowls for granted. It was not just Brady; you can't expect to win it every year. So what can realistically be done or expected?
Yep. Spotlight is right on Bill and his talent evaluation right now.

Yep. Spotlight is right on Bill and his talent evaluation right now.
It always has been. This board is proof of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots