PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady named AFC Player of the Week for 2nd week in a row

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manning MUST HAVE done it...this league carried his water for a decade.

Jimmy G won’t be riding the pine next season. He’ll be starting for another team. I’ll root for him except if he plays against the Pats
Though I obviously have no idea what will happen with Jimmy G, but I guess what I'll say is this: I think that if Tom plays like he is now through to the end of the season, whenever that may be (hopefully hoisting another one), then he's going to put real pressure on the top brass. Anything can happen at 41, 42, 43 and Tom could also surprise everyone and walk away after this one (though we all agree that seems next to none right now), so it's still a bit of a gamble (I know that sounds crazy to some) to keep the aging guy over the young guy who has flashed potential. But again, if the GOAT is still playing like the GOAT, then it's safe to say it would be about the safest gamble, at least short term, any team could take on a player . . . especially in a game like football.

Nobody puts out a book about sustaining peak performance, then calls it quits within a year.

Tom's on a mission to play for several more years, injuries notwithstanding. His book is his way of putting his money where his mouth is.

Regards,
Chris

Nobody puts out a book about sustaining peak performance, then calls it quits within a year.

Tom's on a mission to play for several more years, injuries notwithstanding. His book is his way of putting his money where his mouth is.

Regards,
Chris

And paradoxically, getting more money for it.

PS, as others race to find the latest superlative to describe how badly the defense plays, a good old-fashioned TFB thread is, of course, welcomed. We should note how many times Brady can be the offensive player of the week is dependent at least in part on how long it takes the defense to stop forcing shootouts and heroics.

So if they pull some bastard move and turn into a good defense by mid-season, poor Tom will again be relegated to discussions about being 40. ("He hasn't thrown three or more touchdowns for four weeks now...it must be the 40 y.o. cliff" that sort of thing)
Actually, the Pats defense has received the "Defense Playing the Most Offensively" award for the past three weeks.

Actually, the Pats defense has received the "Defense Playing the Most Offensively" award for the past three weeks.

Give em time. Too much talent to be inherently as bad as they look. At present I think they're relieved when a QB points and says "53 is Mike!" so he knows where he fits in on a play.

Jimmy G won’t be riding the pine next season. He’ll be starting for another team. I’ll root for him except if he plays against the Pats

If he plays for the Jets he's dead to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back