Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you care about the Brady/Guerrero relationship?

• yes

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • no

Votes: 86 68.3%
  • Ray Lewis...

Votes: 32 25.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't listen to the interview but gather it was about Alex Guerrero.

What is sooooo off -base is that sports talk radio thinks the fan base is salivating for Alex Guerror updates. I shouldn't speak for the fanbase, but I can say I, for one, don't care.

As for having interest in asking Bill about Malcolm Butler, well that's a different story (even though I know we won't get the answer).

Haven’t lived there in years but I find it an embarrassment that people in the region still tune in to give them any sort of ratings. I have to imagine they fabricate/handpick their callers to ask normal questions to make themselves look better on radio. Or they pay their call screener an exorbitant amount of money to filter through all the hate calls.

And that is why I pretty much stopped tuning in. They make fun of fans who want to know about the game itself and not the personalities that play it. They complain about BB being tightlipped but don't ask him football questions, where he would go on for mins just talking about a play. These guys want to turn sports into an athletic kardashian show.

Man.. that's it in a f'ing nutshell. Perfect. I'm using that from now on.

These guys want to turn sports into an athletic kardashian show.

"I'm so sorry Kirk...I apologize..from the bottom of my heart. Now, how about a nice, long icepick shampoo? step in the alley over here and...."

wha?...what's going on in here?...gee whiz I was having such a nice dream....:cool::D

Minihane, Bertram, Felger et al all seek the lowest common denominator and really believe they have the right to know the inner workings of the Patriots.. then Shaughnessy displays his own idiocy by trying to outsmart BB... in the background Borges snickers and snorts like some dastardly villain. They have been playing this Guerrero controversy ad infinitum, meanwhile about 80% of Pats fans don't give a crap.

Success is measured by facebook followers and twitter likes, a hell of a way to determine quality.. once the Boston media was revered across the country, now it is merely a shadow of what is once was...

But that seems true of most modern day media, conspiracy theories, half truths, hyperbole and hysteria seem to be the common denominator..

Get the best info from reliable blogs from credible informants...

Man.. that's it in a f'ing nutshell. Perfect. I'm using that from now on.

These guys want to turn sports into an athletic kardashian show.

Yes, kudos to @patman52 for such a great line, because it's so true.

The 2004 Red Sox are another good example. Here it is the main story should have been about having a team good enough to break an 86 year old curse, but instead the media wanted to elaborate any potential rift between Pedro and Schilling. How can two alpha males compete in the same rotation?

It was all that back-page soap opera stuff that drove Tito out of town in the first place. Then when they replaced him it became apparent that HE was not the issue.

I mean, the fact that Alex Guerroro stories stories continue to have legs just boggles me beyond belief. I want to go into an "Allen Iverson-eque" rant and scream "We're talkin about a player's consultant? Not a player? Not a coach? But a player's consultant? What are we doing here?"

I mean, the fact that Alex Guerroro stories stories continue to have legs just boggles me beyond belief. I want to go into an "Allen Iverson-eque" rant and scream "We're talkin about a player's consultant? Not a player? Not a coach? But a player's consultant? What are we doing here?"
Can you put that in tweet so the media can read it and try and break it down?

I think the interaction with that jerquoff Reimer has spoiled Brady's relationship with this show, and I don't blame him.

I think the interaction with that jerquoff Reimer has spoiled Brady's relationship with this show, and I don't blame him.
I can’t stand Reimer and he had his 6 month “vacation” but I can’t blame him for this past Monday. That was on the other jerkoff, Minihane.

I think you're right. Minihane certainly played a part, but I think the earlier "annoying little pissant" episode contributed to what happened Monday. I imagine Brady thinking to himself (justifiably), "I've had about enough of these ***holes..."

According to all of the principals it's not a big deal, which they've already answered. They will allow Guerrero some access under team control. It's a business relationship.

This is nothing more than media driven drama, the fakest of fake news.
OK fair enough. Frankly the only thing that matters to me is still in place, the AFC over all is hot garbage, even possibly more than ever, besides the Steelers and the fricken JAGS? (seriously?).

The Pats without a monumental disaster are in the AFCG likely at home already. (as I say every years they pretty much have the 2 seed at least ALREADY clinched, just ahead of week one)

I'm not sure exactly what you are saying, but yes, that is a correct statement.. ?
If he was at PB and not working with Tom, we have no conflict

If he was at PB and not working with Tom, we have no conflict
even if he was working with with Tom, but working at PB instread of PP (Patriot Place) it would not be a problem either. Just a curiosity at that point.

even if he was working with with Tom, but working at PB instread of PP (Patriot Place) it would not be a problem either. Just a curiosity at that point.
The point is AG doesn't exist

Dale Arnold posted a poll on Twitter the other day asking whether or not fans cared about the Guerrero situation. The last numbers I heard were over 7,000 respondents and 87% saying they don't care. It's the media members who are obsessed with it.

Dale Arnold posted a poll on Twitter the other day asking whether or not fans cared about the Guerrero situation. The last numbers I heard were over 7,000 respondents and 87% saying they don't care. It's the media members who are obsessed with it.

The whole story starting with Wicker-Sham was mostly media driven crap wrapped around a few grains of truth. Yup they had conflict. Yup BB wanted to distance AG. Yup Brady was POed. Yup JG wanted to start. Yup BB and TFB aren't best buddies. They do have the utmost respect. They've all come out with it several times, yet the media persists in perpetuating fluff.

The whole story starting with Wicker-Sham was mostly media driven crap wrapped around a few grains of truth. Yup they had conflict. Yup BB wanted to distance AG. Yup Brady was POed. Yup JG wanted to start. Yup BB and TFB aren't best buddies. They do have the utmost respect. They've all come out with it several times, yet the media persists in perpetuating fluff.
No one in the media wants to talk about whether or not the nickle CB is any good, the D ability to stop the run, or how TE3 is going to do. They just want to stir the pot regarding Brady, which causes the rabid fans to call in. The topics are not limited to AG, TB12's relationship with BB, whether or not this year's receiver corps is worse than they were in 20__, TB12's contract or whatever else they can drum up. It's lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back