Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you care about the Brady/Guerrero relationship?

• yes

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • no

Votes: 86 68.3%
  • Ray Lewis...

Votes: 32 25.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree.
Once Brady began using the media to promote his other interests, don't expect the kid gloves treatment from them.
My personal opinion, athlete interviews are the biggest waste of airspace. Softball questions, bubblegum answers.....essentially.....just fleeting celebrity sightings.
And lets be honest, Brady's goody-two-shoes persona isn't exactly must-listen-to radio.
Brady should stick to his scripted Jim Gray interviews and edited infomercials.

Any ballpark guesses how much Brady might earn from these WEEI "interviews"?

You do understand that there's a whole lot of space between "Don't expect the kid gloves treatment" and "They're now free to just randomly make **** up about you", right?

Was there another interview today?

Kirk & Callahan are unprofessional, overpaid, overgrown frat boys. This story is more about them being them rather than Brady reacting the way he did.

I heard Brady's last interview with them last year and I didn't think he'd be back. Minihan ticked Brady off then by not letting go.

Brady probably has an obligation to do the interviews but he isn't obligated to stay on for every question.

Every time I switch the radio to sports talk I end up switching it off in just a few minutes. Luckily, putting them on doesn't happen very often.

I really dont care about how Brady trains or with who, but I do wish the sports radio would actually talk about sports and not some gossip BS. I understand some folks cant find a path away from gossip and BS reporting but its a sports show not a gossip show they should watch Dr. Phil instead. Anyway Kirk can say what he wants but he tried to be a **** plain and simple and he got hung up on, TTFU Kirk boy.

I didn't hear it this time, but it sounds like this was a repeat of what took place during Brady's final WEEI interview last season.

Every time I switch the radio to sports talk I end up switching it off in just a few minutes. Luckily, putting them on doesn't happen very often.

Same here and I was a devouted “long time” listener. I go all the way back to Steve Fredericks through to the great Eddie Andleman and his Sunday night Sports Huddle to his WEEI days when he (along with Dale) ruled the airways, they peaked at the first Super Bowl with their “Jumbalaya” good time.

Everything changed when Felger came along and found his way to be the contrarian that he is.........if it was seated with fact, I’d be fine, but his show has digressed to the world according to Felger & Mazz and let’s berate those that disagree.

It is such a shame that actual sports talk is gone and has been replaced by these clickbait media whores whose sole aim is to piss off their listeners with contrary views. Strangely, it works for them as they get ratings. But, they don’t get me to listen anymore, I have lots of choices nowadays to find my sportstalk.

A recent three week Cape Cod vacation got me back in touch with all the things I miss about New England. What's on the local radio dial wasn't one of them.
We rented a house in Dennisport from August 4th-11th, and while the rest of the family & in-laws (and there were a Lot of them down there) were getting sunburned at the beach, I waited until the shadows started to come over the pool in the back during mid-afternoon. That left some time to scan the radio dial...

The infuriating part of their shticks is that they leave no room for back-and-forth discussions because all of their opinions are dialed to "11" on the bombast scale. Instead of planting a seed for the topic of the day, they blanket their time slot with intellectual kudzu.

Then there is at the other end of it the metro-sensitive gweep, Dead Saux suck-up Dale Arnold, from whom never is heard a discouraging word. He's a veritable desert of critical thinking; but that's typical of his type.

I wish that there would be more guests on these shows too, who would be allowed to take questions from callers...and I don't mean "guests" like Shank or Bogus and their ilk either.

Same here and I was a devouted “long time” listener. I go all the way back to Steve Fredericks through to the great Eddie Andleman and his Sunday night Sports Huddle to his WEEI days when he (along with Dale) ruled the airways, they peaked at the first Super Bowl with their “Jumbalaya” good time...
I loved the Sports Huddle! My brother & I used to listen to it while we were trying to cram-out our homework before school on Monday morning. Good times, good times...

I actually considered calling in to Curt Minihan to mock his depression over the death of his parents. It would have been the perfect call for him but I couldn't get myself to stoop to his level.

I actually considered calling in to Curt Minihan to mock his depression over the death of his parents. It would have been the perfect call for him but I couldn't get myself to stoop to his level.

Mocking someone who was suicidal is pretty lame. Doesn't matter how much you dislike him.

Mocking someone who was suicidal is pretty lame. Doesn't matter how much you dislike him.

Which is why I didn't do it, in spite of the fact that it's the kind of thing that Minihan would do.

Was Minihan really suicidal?

Which is why I didn't do it, in spite of the fact that it's the kind of thing that Minihan would do.

Was Minihan really suicidal?
YES

Minihan would have no problem joking about someone else's misfortune. After having lived through some hard times now he should lighten up, but I doubt that he will. In either case I won't be hearing him.

Minihan would have no problem joking about someone else's misfortune. After having lived through some hard times now he should lighten up, but I doubt that he will. In either case I won't be hearing him.

You don't beat someone like that by becoming someone like that.

I believe Minihan on that as much as I believe Gregggggg Doyel when he said something similar, which is to say: not at all.

As much as I cannot stand Minibrain, I will take him at his word on this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes