Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you care about the Brady/Guerrero relationship?

• yes

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • no

Votes: 86 68.3%
  • Ray Lewis...

Votes: 32 25.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve102

Any Man Who Must Say I Am The King Is No True King
PatsFans.com Supporter
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I didn't bother with the link, because it's everywhere. The real question is: Do we really care? I can't help but feel this is media driven, trying to make themselves relevant. Brady didn't want to talk about it last year, and he clearly doesn't want to talk about it this year. I could care less. Let it go.

I was flipping through the channels (never listen to EEi in the morning) and heard Brady and decided to listen. I heard the interview and I am glad Brady hung up. Then I heard the two hosts whinning about it....They are in the wrong. Brady gave them a clear line of demarcation and they crossed it. Furthermore, who teh faulk cares about this teenage drama crap?

Lets talk about football and not who is on the plane and blah blah blah

They ask him something 3 times and he says he doesn't wanna talk about it then the guys throw a fit about "I DoNt KnOw WhAt HeS UpSeT AbOuT!"

I hate Boston sports radio man. Every show except Toucher and Rich can suck it

Kirk & Callahan are unprofessional, overpaid, overgrown frat boys. This story is more about them being them rather than Brady reacting the way he did.

Brady is doing something right being able to play into his 40s at the incredible level we've all grown accustomed too. Part of that has to be his training regimen (no actual proof, but come on). For that, (and only that) reason, I care about Guererro/Brady.

For every other stupid reason the talking heads keep bringing his proximity to the players, whether or not he is a distraction, or if BB is appalled by his aftershave, is ridiculous, and I could care less.

Minihane is a snarky little boy who needs to get his own way, if a player says he does not want to talk about he won't.. maybe Brady will move on from this gig and teach them all a little manners, on second thought manners are in short supply in sportstalk radio.. they are really good at being loud and talking over each other...

Boston sports radio is rife with athletes hanging up on yellow hack hosts...several years ago Adam Jones had Amendola on...Amendola was there to pimp his charity...the courtesy is usually a couple of softball questions, then the host tees up the charity/fund raiser function or what hav you...Jones had none of it, from the second Amendola was on the phone Jones was adversarial trying his damndest to make Amendola look bad....he eventually hung up without having the chance to talk about his charity...

Boston sports radio is rife with athletes hanging up on yellow hack hosts...several years ago Adam Jones had Amendola on...Amendola was there to pimp his charity...the courtesy is usually a couple of softball questions, then the host tees up the charity/fund raiser function or what hav you...Jones had none of it, from the second Amendola was on the phone Jones was adversarial trying his damndest to make Amendola look bad....he eventually hung up without having the chance to talk about his charity...
Adam Jones is a thigh-high, smurf who has Napoleonic Syndrome.

He's hit his professional ceiling. 7am-12am M-F for the rest of his life.

I cannot understand why Brady puts up with having to do this dumb interview. Maybe he's trying to set it up so that he can walk away. I didn't listen this time, but I happened to be going around the dial LAST time Brady hung up on them, when one of the fools said something rude about Brady's five year old daughter (that she was an entitled brat or something, when she had been in a camera shot for all of 5 seconds and was seen smiling and jumping around).

Way to go WEEI. Now it's twice (maybe more) when your station has pissed off a paid guest by saying dumb things and asking questions when they were told politely he was not responding to.

If someone asks you a question and you don't want to talk about it, you should do exactly what Brady did, politely say "I don't want to talk about it".

Then when they ask again, you sort of go the extra mile in politeness when you say "Look, I am not talking about that"

Then when they ask you a third time, I think you have already gone the extra mile and you can assume that this is a total waste of your time, that the interviewer has no respect for you or your thoughts, since you have already made it clear, TWICE, that you are not discussing it.

Brady handled this very well, IMO.

TOM BRADY is best friends and business partners with a sleazy character.
TOM BRADY is constantly promoting the sleazy character in media content under HIS control.
BILL BELICHICK has sleazy character removed from the team plane and sidelines last season.
Media asks basic questions regarding the sleazy character and his new found access to the team plane this preseason and it's the media's fault for inquiring about Guerrero???
Uh no!!

Little diva has become so sensitive hasn't he??

TOM BRADY is best friends and business partners with a sleazy character.
TOM BRADY is constantly promoting the sleazy character in media content under HIS control.
BILL BELICHICK has sleazy character removed from the team plane and sidelines last season.
Media asks basic questions regarding the sleazy character and his new found access to the team plane this preseason and it's the media's fault for inquiring about Guerrero???
Uh no!!

Little diva has become so sensitive hasn't he??
And?

I don't blame them for asking and I don't blame Brady for hanging up when they kept pushing after he said he wouldn't talk about it (personally, I wish he'd just stiff WEEI completely).

That said, I still voted "yes" on the poll as I care about their relationship since it clearly has caused Belichick some non-trivial irritation and because I think Guerrero is the person pulling Brady into all the woo and pseudoscience and I worry that one of these days something Guerrero gives Brady is going to test positive for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes