PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Hand Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
So "jamming a hand" is really a wrist injury?

I googled it. The ama has a blanket term for it where it can be minor and accuse injury to finger, tendon, wrist, Palm etc. the term jammed hand implies a minor injury with accute swelling and minor discomfort

Im surprised . 24 pages & no one mentioned Hoyer. That's some solid contain showed by this board.

btw - I have Hoyer over Bortles any day (except maybe this Sunday..).
____

I guess it all comes down to this press conference: if he's not showing up or he's wearing gloves - the season is over..

Dr chao says pinky is the most usual finger dislocated on a handoff. If it is the pinky shouldnt limit him.

Only finger to worry about is the thumb as that is what you need to grip the ball
Index finger affects accuracy. All fingers are part of grip.

Just saw on the tele a live look in at Foxboro and brady is there practicing.

I googled it. The ama has a blanket term for it where it can be minor and accuse injury to finger, tendon, wrist, Palm etc. the term jammed hand implies a minor injury with accute swelling and minor discomfort

Yes

They happen all the time in basketball.

Yes

They happen all the time in basketball.

Right exactly, I’ve been on a web md site looking at the term and what it means specifically. By and large it only implies a minor incident, most common in contact sports, it is not major at all, it can be specific to several areas of the hand and usually is just swelling, bruise, and temporary discomfort that can be home treated. I switched to I phone seven plus and havent figured out how you copy and paste. Copied it but then lol

Right exactly, I’ve been on a web md site looking at the term and what it means specifically. By and large it only implies a minor incident, most common in contact sports, it is not major at all, it can be specific to several areas of the hand and usually is just swelling, bruise, and temporary discomfort that can be home treated. I switched to I phone seven plus and havent figured out how you copy and paste. Copied it but then lol

Yeah, most people are more specific (Jammed my finger/sprained my wrist/etc...). Jammed hand is probably being used as a way of being a little vague about the injury.

Yeah, most people are more specific (Jammed my finger/sprained my wrist/etc...). Jammed hand is probably being used as a way of being a little vague about the injury.
Part of the issue is reporters are tweeting vague and general things they hear that are obviously not all correct.
We have heard hand, finger, jammed, cut, swollen etc.

They should play this over the loud speakers today....

I think this is going to be ok. Nothing I’ve read implies anything that would still be an issue four days after suffering a “jammed hand-finger-wrist etc. all things I’ve read imply a short term swelling and bruise with numbness and discomfort. Usually treatable within 24 hours if treatment is done right away you increase the chance of it being less of an issue. However, there’s no article I’ve read that implies a serious issue beyond 24-48 hours of swelling and numbness

I'm not a panic-er and when this first came out I thought that it was a little gamesmanship and an effort by Brady to avoid another stupid press conference by claiming the need for treatment for some minor bump in practice. However, if he doesn't practice today (the Thursday before a huge game) I will be very concerned. This is Brady's throwing hand - if he can't grip the ball right errant throws and fumbles could abound. We saw Big Ben cough up a big one to the Jags just this last week. Sigh.
someone already posted he was seen practicing today. Has that been confirmed?

When Hogan was asked if Pats fans should be worried,he said " I don't think so".
I have jammed fingers many times playing hoops but also have jammed my hand hitting the heavy bag, usually because I'd sometimes not tape up nor wear gloves and the wrist rolls. It's painful and swells but recovery time is pretty quick- a couple days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots