PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Hand Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no point in announcing a phony injury to play mind games with the JAGs. That’s like 3rd grade stuff.

Something happened. Most likely it won’t be a big deal but when the GOAT has an injury of any kind on his throwing pretending it’s fake news is childish.

I didn't say it's fake news or faking anything. But I think it's a minor injury, and BB just riding it out....

Hand is better than wrist, shoulder, elbow . He is probably extra careful injuries or any strange feelings . In AG I trust

Glad that waddle wasn't listed as not part.

Again this is not a new injury and you would not know about it -- like you didnt for weeks -- if there was no schedule collision and papertrail.
You have absolutely no way of knowing if it’s a new injury.
He was limited in practice. At some level it’s an issue.

He's got 4 days to heal it up. Hopefully he'll be fine Sunday and won't affect his throwing.
He's a tough guy, can stand a lot of pain.
No sense worrying before you need to.

I didn't say it's fake news or faking anything. But I think it's a minor injury, and BB just riding it out....
Didn’t say you did. Was speaking generally.

Brady will be fine. Why are people getting so dramatic over an injury report. It’s Brady. The guy would play with a torn ACL and as we know he wanted to, just see an interview with moss.

Brady will be fine. So all of you calm the **** down.

LETS ****ING GOOO
The only drama here is people arguing that they know what happened in practice and there is 0% chance that brady was added to the injury report because of an injury.

Failing that we would have had an oh **** followed by reports slowly coming out to give details if the injury.
Instead people wanted to argue they know “player is being added to the injury report” is proof of no injury.

Not sure how serious, my guess is it's been something nagging at him most of the year as a lot of you have said. The great ones have all played through brutal injuries or ailments and had historical performances...Michael Jordan in the flu game in the '97 NBA Finals, Curt Schilling in game 6 of the '04 ALCS aka "the bloody sock" game and Tiger Woods winning the 2008 US Open on a torn ACL. Brady would play missing an entire arm if he had to. Guy has guts and competitive spirit that are extremely rare

That’s still an injury.
Whether it happened vs tenn, at the mall, in the shower or at practice.

My point here is people saying it’s 100% certain that nothing has wrong and this is just a big joke to trick the jags are delusional.
Is something actually "wrong"? That is the debate.

Mark Daniels on the ProJo says on the injury report says its a right hand injury. I will take that as gospel.

I do think something is up with the hand. The severity is questionable.

I think he decided to blow off the press and receive treatment on the hand.

That could mean he needed a thorough post-practice examination or a couple of tylenol and a Gatorade chaser.

Get that running game going! Power style! Short passing game to the running backs.

Howe stated brady was dealing with it all season and speculated they came out with it because its AFCCG week and brady wanted to blow off the media as they havent had to announce previously when he has had to.

Something to monitor..but i have to expect its minor the eay Howe is tslking about it

Yikes, well injuries to the throwing hand are never good news. Granted, this is the same guy who played through broken fingers on the same hand and was quite effective, so I'm going to remain optimistic, but hopefully it doesn't mess with his performance too much.

He's had a problem with it for much of the season.
Yep vs TB is supposedly when it happened but he was never on the IR.

The interesting twist is how it falls under the Injury Reporting Policy in the 2017 Ops Manual

As one example, assume a club’s quarterback suffers an injury to a finger of his right (throwing) hand during the club’s first game of the season. After treatment, he is able to finish the game despite his injury. Given the injury’s effect upon the player’s performance, and the fact that he is a key player, the injury must be listed on the club’s Practice Report each day of the following week, even if the player takes all the reps in practice, and even if the club is certain that he will play in the club’s next game. In such a case, the player should be listed as “Full Participation (right finger)” in the Practice Report, but would not be listed in the club’s Game Status Report for Week 2 because the player is certain to play in the club’s upcoming game. See Section 2 (Game Status Report) on page 5. The club must continue to list the player on its weekly Practice Reports until the player’s injury no longer affects the player’s performance.

I have no idea if he re-injured it or not. Maybe he did but nonetheless the team is following policy.

There's plenty of warnings out there about Death Grip while stroking it. He didn't listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes