PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Hand Injury News, Tweets, etc. (Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
have to admit, im just a little worried. has brady ever been listed as a non-participant in practice this year? i remember him being listed as limited for his achilles but even then he was listed as limited participant.

have to admit, im just a little worried. has brady ever been listed as a non-participant in practice this year? i remember him being listed as limited for his achilles but even then he was listed as limited participant.
He has missed practice before. Players miss practice. The injury is what it is, all the tea leaf reading does no good.

At Patriotlinks this morning 4 0f 5 Herald top stories are Brady related, give it a rest there are at least 52 other stories to write about.
Yeah they should be writing about the Gunners.

I'm just not getting caught up in the speculation or worrying about something that is potentially nothing.
It might not be the end of the world but it is definitely not nothing, no?

He has missed practice before. Players miss practice. The injury is what it is, all the tea leaf reading does no good.

Agree.

I hope Ian removes the 'etc.' and the parentheses from the '(only)' in the thread title.

Looks like many emotional fans don't see what the thread should be about - facts, updates i.e no opinions nor speculation - and are quick to pen.

agree. i don’t understand the handwringing. if he looks like **** on sunday, start the handwringing then. everything else is falling prey to the trolling media.

if anything, all they jax hype and talk that brady can’t play, will just fire him and the offense up even more.

Agree.

I hope Ian removes the 'etc.' and the parentheses from the '(only)' in the thread title.

Looks like many emotional fans don't see what the thread should be about - facts, updates i.e no opinions nor speculation - and are quick to pen.

Of course, under your rules, your post has no place here. ;)

Let's suppose that the speculation on Brady's injury is accurate enough to say that

1. His thumb on his right hand got jammed

2. The proximal phalanx of the right thumb was displaced severely. (Chao speculates that it involved piercing the skin but we don't need to go that far.)

If these are true then it is the the phalangial/metacarpal joint that was injured. And the injury was on it dorsal aspect. That is, the big knuckle of the thumb got wrecked on the side you see when you hold your fist in front of your face.

That injury wouldn't directly affect grip strength because the primary actors in grip strength are on the palmar side.

It would affect grip strength indirectly in that the joint needs to be stable to support the thumb in gripping so that the force of the grip doesn't induce the knuckle to mimic the motion of the original injury. That is, gripping with an unstable knuckle joint would make the knuckle want to move back towards the wrist.

So, if a support device can be devised to hold the knuckle stable and if Brady can take the pain then grip strength shouldn't be completely compromised. I'd expect TB would be ok for throws that he's got a moment or two to execute. Sudden throws are where the impulse to the joint will be greatest and will test stability and strength and result in a strong stab of pain during execution.

This is going to be very interesting. At least Hoyer is getting a good load of practice reps while the thumb heals - just in case he's needed.

agree. i don’t understand the handwringing. if he looks like **** on sunday, start the handwringing then. everything else is falling prey to the trolling media.

if anything, all they jax hype and talk that brady can’t play, will just fire him and the offense up even more.
Well there is plenty of reason to be concerned but basing that concern on conflucting cryptic reports and assuming something means something it may not is just a waste of energy.

I’m very concerned that we are gong into the afccg with a potential injured GOAT who may but be able to play like himself.
But we just don’t have info to know whether it’s severe or just a minor non issue. Living and dying on every guess, speculation an innuendo is nuts.
This board is literally engaging in brady gossip.

Did I just read through 6 pages of a thread that said news and tweets only and not see any tweets or new news? Lol well I guess is does say etc, a lot of the etc i guess. Lol
What time is practice today? Guessing we might hear something than...well hoping. o_O

Agree.

It’s ridiculous to assume that you can have a thread regarding a mid week injury to the GOAT that details have not even been disclosed (just wildly rumored about) and think there will be no discussion. It’s a discussion board. And this is one if the most legitimate issue of the season. Couple with complete uncertainty people want to comment. My point is don’t take one single report that hasn’t been backed up, call it fact and expand from there.

It might not be the end of the world but it is definitely not nothing, no?
Its something.

I won't lie to you. If he looks like dog **** on Sunday I'll be biting my nails down to the quick.

Imagine if it was James Harrison (raising speculation about him being a mole)?

well, if it was harrison, he's not going to get much playing time on sunday. but harrison has a real shot at a 2nd ring here...it was probably some stiff practice squad player trying to show the coaches he can do something. :rolleyes:

Yeah they should be writing about the Gunners.
There is such a thing as overkill.

My favorite news story each week is Reiss's Saturday's player bio and Q/A.

Sure write a story about how Bernard Reedy feels to be back replacing gunner Jonathan Jones on the roster.

they can win this game with the backs (runs and passes) and good D and a pick 6.
Oh yea. Even if Tom is limited by the injury they SHOULD still win

Let's suppose that the speculation on Brady's injury is accurate enough to say that

1. His thumb on his right hand got jammed

2. The proximal phalanx of the right thumb was displaced severely. (Chao speculates that it involved piercing the skin but we don't need to go that far.)

NO NO NO.
ONE reporter mentioned there was blood. Didn’t mention a lot of blood. No one else has said so. When I played football at any given time I would have 3-5 knuckles that would have cuts or abrasions on them from contact and would bleed most every day. Jamming your hand it football can certainly result in bleeding without having a broken bone pop through the skin. In fact I would say that is the cause of a football players hand bleeding maybe 0.001% of the time.
Dr Chao implying this happened is truly idiotic.

these are true then it is the the phalangial/metacarpal joint that was injured. And the injury was on it dorsal aspect. That is, the big knuckle of the thumb got wrecked on the side you see when you hold your fist in front of your face.

That injury wouldn't directly affect grip strength because the primary actors in grip strength are on the palmar side.

It would affect grip strength indirectly in that the joint needs to be stable to support the thumb in gripping so that the force of the grip doesn't induce the knuckle to mimic the motion of the original injury. That is, gripping with an unstable knuckle joint would make the knuckle want to move back towards the wrist.

So, if a support device can be devised to hold the knuckle stable and if Brady can take the pain then grip strength shouldn't be completely compromised. I'd expect TB would be ok for throws that he's got a moment or two to execute. Sudden throws are where the impulse to the joint will be greatest and will test stability and strength and result in a strong stab of pain during execution.

This is going to be very interesting. At least Hoyer is getting a good load of practice reps while the thumb heals - just in case he's needed.
On the other hand if aliens come down and kidnap brady to research how a man becomes a GOAT he won’t be playing Sunday. We are in similar territory here.

Oh yea. Even if Tom is limited by the injury they SHOULD still win

My ratings:

Brady 100% = WILL win.

Brady limited = Should win.

Hoyer starting = CAN win (but no longer the favorite).

We're still at home, and the rest of our team is still pretty damn good.

If that was the case, he wouldn't be "meeting the medical staff at Gillette". Rather, he would be at Mass General, in the O.R., getting his hand put together.

Not to mention it was already released that xrays showed no structural damage to the hand. Bone through the skin sure sounds like structural damage. But that's just my opinion, I'm no doctor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back