PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Hand Injury News, Tweets, etc. (Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If brady looked good at practice, thats good enough for me...

that also jives with what jeff howe/mike reiss stated back on wednesday when it happened. that with 4 days brady should be ok for gametime. But it is definitely something.

Can someone give me a rundown as to what happened today? This thread is a nightmare trying to read through.

Can someone give me a rundown as to what happened today? This thread is a nightmare trying to read through.

brady actually cut the webbing between his thumb and index finger, got stitches. had a press conference wearing two gloves and supposedly threw the ball really well in practice today

Sorry if this has already been noted, but Dan Roche of WBZ reported on the 5:30 news that his sources say that Tom Brady threw the ball fine in practice today.

Brady should be ok. One person thinks Brady's out, DNP, and the dynasty is over despite evidence to the contrary. The Rolling Stones are fairly popular in this board.

Not taking snaps from under center probably protects him from getting his cut aggravated....

Last edited:

brady actually cut the webbing between his thumb and index finger, got stitches. had a press conference wearing two gloves and supposedly threw the ball really well in practice today

You forgot all the hand wringing, conspiracy theories (of which I have one) and trolling.

If you combine this with what Curran wrote, the implication would be that Brady can throw fine but it's taking snaps that's the problem because it aggravates the injury. Which, if it's to the webbing between his thumb and index finger, does make sense. Assuming that's the main injury, with no dislocation or major ligament damage or anything, then it sounds like it's entirely a pain management issue and that taking snaps is what causes pain and delays the injury from properly healing.

If that's what's going on here, then I'll take that as one of the better case scenarios available given that something non-trivial did occur. At that point, just have to gut it through the Jax game and you can reasonably expect him to be in pretty good shape for the Super Bowl. Brady once played a bunch of games with broken fingers in his throwing hand, so if the webbing between fingers is the issue here I'm not super worried.

"If" what Curran wrote is true..HUGE sigh of relief. The webbing us the absolute best spot on your entire hand to get a deep gash.
I was worried it was on the thumb itself which is not good for throwing a football.
I had a severe,deep gash long time ago in the webbing- shucking an oyster, had a very sharp knife,went deep.
Extremely painful for days BUT didn't interfere much with using my hand.
Sounds like Tom should be able to throw ok, but he'll be in pain.
Problem with pain shots is he needs to FEEL with his hand. So don't know how much pain relief he'll get. Probably more likely a topical localized anaesthetic.
But I'm no doctor.
But I DO feel a hell of a lot better.

In reverse order of importance:
The government funding negotiations were stalled as all involved couldn't take their eyes off of ESPN and this forum.
North Korea has paused its testing program as it awaits news on Brady's thumb.
Climate change took a day off.
Brady wore a goofy hat.

I've had stitches in my hands a few times, once just below the knuckle. I was at work, cutting up veal and slipped a a french knife right into the index finger of my left hand, it did bleed pretty good. Went to the hospital, 12 stitches, was back at work before the dinner rush. (Got a lot of complements on the veal that night too;)). It hurt a little more the next day, after that it was fine. If he got it stitched up on Wednesday, come Sunday he will be fine.

AND it will be completely healed two weeks from Sunday!

So you're saying Tom will carve up that D? :D

Ditto. My spouse and I are both faced with the possibility we will be furloughed, but I've spent infinitely more time caring about TB's injured hand.
All my best to you!

There were some tweets and some posts and everyone was completely level headed and we are all just taking a long term outlook on the situation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore