PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Hand Injury News, Tweets, etc. (Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

the reason for concern is they will need to let the stitches have time to heal. He probably won't grip let alone throw a football until right before the game.

If they win win Hoyer Brady will heal sufficiently for the SB in terms of the stitches.

That’s true. You was right about time doing a rubber band here. Hope he does the press thing today and put this madness away.

This is the first I’ve heard about any stitches. This is something I really hope is not true. Jammed hand is bad enough but stitches will most likely mean he won’t play this Sunday. If they can pull it off, the super bowl is far enough away where it would be fine by then

I once sprained the thumb on my throwing hand during bowing league season. I played that Friday night anyway. Only lowered my average by 3 pins, from 101 to 98.
throwing hand not so important to the place holder though no?

Nothing to do but wait. The key times are (a) whenever practice starts today, (b) Brady's press conference this afternoon, and (c) the 4pm roster transaction deadline. If NE doesn't bring aboard a 3rd QB that means (a) Brady is playing and (b) they're not expecting to have to bench him for injury during the game. But if NE does bring in a 3rd QB it's head for the fallout shelter time.
If Edelman was playing he'd be the emergency QB.

I think the hope may be to finally get a glimpse of the hand itself, although who knows if that will happen or not. He may have it bandaged.
He should come out with a pair of space gloves on and say it's a new treatment recommended by Alex Guererro, and that BB and Bob Kraft don't approve. That will give them enough to write about until the game starts.

That’s true. You was right about time doing a rubber band here. Hope he does the press thing today and put this madness away.

This is the first I’ve heard about any stitches. This is something I really hope is not true. Jammed hand is bad enough but stitches will most likely mean he won’t play this Sunday. If they can pull it off, the super bowl is far enough away where it would be fine by then
I think most of what we are hearing is utter trash. But, this could be bad who knows. He missed the practices before championship Sunday.. that tells you enough. No way bone poked out of skin though... if that happened he would be ruled out.

Nothing to do but wait. The key times are (a) whenever practice starts today, (b) Brady's press conference this afternoon, and (c) the 4pm roster transaction deadline. If NE doesn't bring aboard a 3rd QB that means (a) Brady is playing and (b) they're not expecting to have to bench him for injury during the game. But if NE does bring in a 3rd QB it's head for the fallout shelter time.

If there was any real concerns about his hand the PS QB would have been in Foxboro yesterday already. Of course something can come up out of nowhere but generally doctors have gotten pretty good at projecting injuries.

Now how much this can affect him who knows. All I am certain of is that this will be a very annoying offseason full of moron takes about JG if we dont win the SB. Because all the bozos that want to show they are more clever than BB have all the excuses in the world now no matter what the actual reason for a loss would be.

If we don't bring in a third QB for the game then we know he can at least play on some level. Can't go into a game with one QB.

They'll just run the wildcat all game with Lewis (the cat), which may cause @SammyBlueCat to explode.

with Alex G. who knows...

Oh hell, I didn’t think of that. Lol

I’m in the mind set that the whole stitches thing can’t be true. With any luck at all it won’t be that bad

The glove is most likely to protect the bandage over the cut/stitches. As long as he feels comfortable griping the ball and throw, it's just plain and swelling management issue. Both of which can be taken care of. If that's indeed the case, trust me, stitches or not, Brady will play. He wouldn't let some pain, swelling, or a couple of stitches to ruin a superbowl run, especially not after all the injuries they overcame to get here. He may have to play with a glove, but he'll play.

Book it!

I really hope it’s just mind games like Shannon Sharpe says. I cut my pinkie with a hedge trimmer one time, had to have like five stitches, damn thing hurt so bad that not even Percocet did much good. Made that area swell bad and there’s no way in hell I could have did anything at all with a football.

They have access to better meds, maybe dilaudin would work.hoyer starting is a nightmare I’d rather not suffer through

Do you really think BB would resort to such a tactic?

Long time listener first time caller here. Yeah my buddy Paddy who works down at that hospital in Dedham there said Tommy's hand got bit off by a bear. Yeah I don't know where theres bears in Boston either but this is 100% primo real stuff, guys. It's just gone, poof, ain't there no more. Hope this won't hurt the Pats, they still got Danny and Rex and Gronk, guys with lots of heart you know. So about the Sox

The glove is most likely to protect the bandage over the cut/stitches. As long as he feels comfortable griping the ball and throw, it's just plain and swelling management issue. Both of which can be taken care of. If that's indeed the case, trust me, stitches or not, Brady will play. He wouldn't let some pain, swelling, or a couple of stitches to ruin a superbowl run, especially not after all the injuries they overcame to get here. He may have to play with a glove, but he'll play.

Book it!
I know Brady loves to practices and considers it extrememly important. However I am of the mind that he will be fine even missing practice. The only real issue to me is whether he will be able to throw. Sadly, if his hand is a mess, we have a better chance with Hoyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes