PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Hand Injury News, Tweets, etc. (Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady's toughness does not concern me, his lack of practice this week does.. although anecdotal it seems as though every time this year after Brady missed practice he seemed to have struggled in the following week's game...

My concern is not being able to participate in the game planning and prep...

My concern as well. Im very confident he’ll play, somewhat confident the hand will be fine by sunday, but not as confident how sharp he’ll be based off how hes looked this season in games with limited practice. Thankfully our defense looks dialed in, im hoping if his play is affected itll be like the first bills game or second jets game where hes not quite himself but we still manage a 20 point win with strong defense and offense does just enough.

Apparently Brady was at the Dedham Hospital on Wednesday getting 12 stitches in his hand.

A caller on the touch & Rich Show said his friend works at the Dedham Hospital
I don't believe that. If nothing else, I can't believe that NE doesn't have someone on-staff who can do stitches on-site.

If he got 12 stitches he won’t be playing sunday
I certainly wouldn’t count him out based on that alone. If he really did get 12 stitches it would coincide with the pierced bone through the skin/cut theory, where others have mentioned going to the hospital for treatment due to limiting risk of infection and the need to reset the bone plus seal the area, properly.

He’s a notoriously tough dude. The issue may be how limited he plays with the injury, although one can argue that a 50% Brady is still better than a 100% Hoyer, especially considering how insanely poor he looked in his only playoff appearance, which resulted in a 31-0 shellacking. The good news, obviously, is that if we can get through Sunday’s game, Brady should be significantly improved for the SB, although I hate to even go there with JAX on deck first.

No and the bits and pieces you are getting are sheer speculation by the media.

All we know is he injured his hand in practice. Type of injury, severity and where on the hand are unconfirmed.
we have learned he did not practice yesterday too. (He just showed up with the glove)

Brady's toughness does not concern me, his lack of practice this week does.. although anecdotal it seems as though every time this year after Brady missed practice he seemed to have struggled in the following week's game...

My concern is not being able to participate in the game planning and prep...
If he is throwing poorly Belichick will make the decision for him.

So is this something to really worry about? I've been out of the football loop for a few days and am only getting bits and pieces.

This is the closest to any evidence so far. Looks its the thumb which is not ideal. He'll have to fight through it like most of the guys on field Sunday through their injuries. #1 playmaker on Jags offense Fournette playing through ankle injury is not ideal as well.. etc

So is this something to really worry about? I've been out of the football loop for a few days and am only getting bits and pieces.
I don't actually "worry" about whether my sports team wins or loses, or even this. But I think the situation is serious to the point that he may not be playing Sunday.

This is the closest to any evidence so far. Looks its the thumb which is not ideal. He'll have to fight through it like most of the guys on field Sunday through their injuries. #1 playmaker on Jags offense Fournette playing through ankle injury is not ideal as well.. etc

If Brady can't make his throws for Belichick Hoyer will be playing.

If he got 12 stitches he won’t be playing sunday
Not that much movement with the thumb, not like a knee . Might bleed a bit, break a stitch, will have to wear gloves though, which I believe he doesn't like .

I don't believe that. If nothing else, I can't believe that NE doesn't have someone on-staff who can do stitches on-site.

I agree....first of all, the only hospital in Dedham is an animal hospital. Furthermore, Brigham & Woman’s facility is right there at Patriot Place, I have seen players going there for PT many times.

Finally, I have to believe that if he had 12 stitches and maybe bone protruding with treatment at any hospital that the word would get out from several peo0le that were there to see him.

Bloody thumb game, He will play with no thumb, not worried . Any sport I played with some sort of injury, played better, seemed to concentrate more, and maybe played within my limitations better . Had my best kickball game ever !! :D
It will be Hoyer if his hand is bad enough. Missing thumb would qualify. The stictches in the hands might be the clincher I think. Basically at this point I think Brady is going to "give it a go" and Belichick will decide. If he got that many stitches in his throwing hand, he probably will not even grip a football until the last moment. They will get Hoyer ready, and have Tom do some throwing Sunday shortly before the game to see if he can go.

I really hope it’s just mind games like Shannon Sharpe says. I cut my pinkie with a hedge trimmer one time, had to have like five stitches, damn thing hurt so bad that not even Percocet did much good. Made that area swell bad and there’s no way in hell I could have did anything at all with a football.

They have access to better meds, maybe dilaudin would work.hoyer starting is a nightmare I’d rather not suffer through

Not that much movement with the thumb, not like a knee . Might bleed a bit, break a stitch, will have to wear gloves though, which I believe he doesn't like .
the reason for concern is they will need to let the stitches have time to heal. He probably won't grip let alone throw a football until right before the game.

If they win win Hoyer Brady will heal sufficiently for the SB in terms of the stitches.

I really hope it’s just mind games like Shannon Sharpe says. I cut my pinkie with a hedge trimmer one time, had to have like five stitches, damn thing hurt so bad that not even Percocet did much good. Made that area swell bad and there’s no way in hell I could have did anything at all with a football.

They have access to better meds, maybe dilaudin would work.hoyer starting is a nightmare I’d rather not suffer through
it's not mind games..

the reason for concern is they will need to let the stitches have time to heal. He probably won't grip let alone throw a football until right before the game.

If they win win Hoyer Brady will heal sufficiently for the SB in terms of the stitches.
I do not believe the stitches story by the way. Or the bone piercing skin story.... both of those would mean they would rule him out already. Neither of those things are true. He jammed his hand and it is swelling, that I believe to be the extent of it.

Nothing to do but wait. The key times are (a) whenever practice starts today, (b) Brady's press conference this afternoon, and (c) the 4pm roster transaction deadline. If NE doesn't bring aboard a 3rd QB that means (a) Brady is playing and (b) they're not expecting to have to bench him for injury during the game. But if NE does bring in a 3rd QB it's head for the fallout shelter time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back