PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bradford: Baker Mayfield a Patriot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me the most apt comparison is Brett Favre.
Mayfield's build and style is way more like Favre, 6'2", than Manziel. Let's not forget Wilson is 5'11". One thing he has that is very BB/Brady like is his ability to use adversity to drive himself, as he walked on twice. Carrying "the pretenders" sign might not have been a Patriot move, but the thought behind it was 100 % Patriot attitude, with playing with a chip on his shoulder.

Wilson is 5-10

I'm gonna have to agree he's too short. Hes not Brees and he's not Russel

Hard to debate Mayfield when he’ll be long gone by at least 12-15 picks ahead of us, anyway. Can’t see him lasting past the mid-late teens or early 20s.

That assumes 32 rational actors, which is by no means necessarily the case.

Could Baker Mayfield land with Patriots?

Talent, yes. Respect the game, no. Pass. Bradford must be bored.
grab-2017-11-18-17h12m55s198.png

Nowhere near handsome enough for the NE job. Send him to Indy, they do the whole ugly thing pretty well.

Has talent, played in a pro style offense, has room to grow (and would be given that room with the Pats), and has a chip on his shoulder the size of the Grand Canyon. I'd be absolutely fine with it. He'll be gone long before the Patriots draft, though.

Just when I think "Is there anything BB can't do?" there's, this!
Looking forward to BB growing this 6'1" QB to Brady 6' 4" height.
On the downside, Goodell will probably take away another 1t rounder for that infraction.

Nowhere near handsome enough for the NE job. Send him to Indy, they do the whole ugly thing pretty well.
No kidding. Hard up, they even resorted to borrowing looks and charisma from us!

Attachments

• jacoby-brissett.jpg
    jacoby-brissett.jpg
    621.9 KB · Views: 4
his name doesnt roll off your tongue like “Tom Brady”.....

You're joking, right? He's not even 6'0. You must be much shorter than you think. A legit 6-1 looks tallish on the football field.
Dede Westbrook is a legit 6'0" and went through the combine last year.

There are lots of pictures of them together and Baker is an inch or so taller than Dede.

Baker+Mayfield+Dede+Westbrook+Baylor+v+Oklahoma+rJdFrn7ZshFl.jpg

1481564596-Heisman-Trophy-Football.jpg

RNAFHJQKXXFFKFB.20161121213145.jpg

Baker's former coach Kliff Kingsbury measured 6' 3.5" at the combine.

There are many photos of them standing together and it looks like Kliff maybe does have an inch on him:

Kingsbury on the left, Mayfield on the right:

1445481694-NS_30SMUTT_34_32876394.JPG

Finally, Josh Heupel measured 6'1.5" at the 2001 NFL combine. Here he is next to Baker. Pretty much equal. Heupel is in front, so Baker might be a teeny bit taller:

r960-78f617c47e6bb702a139c0328c454343.jpg

I'd say the evidence puts him in the 6'1" to 6'2" range

Dede Westbrook was measured at 5-11. Nice try.

And those are the worst pics for judging height.

The guy is listed at 6-1, so he's going to be shorter than that. Maybe, maybe on a good day he might scrape 6-0, and even then I would bet a lot of money he doesn't.

He's 5-11 range at best. To think he would be his listed height or even taller is insane. And he looks nowhere even close to 6-1-6-2 range. Aaron Rodgers isn't even 6-2 and he looks way taller at the QB position

Josh Huepel is clearly 1.5-2 inches taller in that pic. Nice trolling

That assumes 32 rational actors, which is by no means necessarily the case.
Hard to imagine him falling down to where we’re projected, but you’re right that it’s not written in stone.

Dede Westbrook was measured at 5-11. Nice try.

And those are the worst pics for judging height.

The guy is listed at 6-1, so he's going to be shorter than that. Maybe, maybe on a good day he might scrape 6-0, and even then I would bet a lot of money he doesn't.

He's 5-11 range at best. To think he would be his listed height or even taller is insane. And he looks nowhere even close to 6-1-6-2 range. Aaron Rodgers isn't even 6-2 and he looks way taller at the QB position

Where are you getting your numbers? Dede Westbrook, both during his OU pro day and NFL combine measured in at 6ft.

Too scared to get measured today at the senior bowl. We know he won't measure taller than 6-0 since he looks 5-11-6-0

Too scared to get measured today at the senior bowl. We know he won't measure taller than 6-0 since he looks 5-11-6-0
Weird strategy. He gonna pull that at combine as well ?

I say we trade for AJ Mccarron, Marvin Lewis is back, win now with dalton?

Also Luke Falk out of Washington St is a prospect I really like. He looks exactly like Brady in the pocket, very similar style minus the whole GOAT thing. Dealt with sprained wrist all season. He will be ripe for the taking early on 3rd day.

I say we trade for AJ Mccarron, Marvin Lewis is back, win now with dalton?

Also Luke Falk out of Washington St is a prospect I really like. He looks exactly like Brady in the pocket, very similar style minus the whole GOAT thing. Dealt with sprained wrist all season. He will be ripe for the taking early on 3rd day.

He is definitely gone second day, I'd bet a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes