PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bradford: Baker Mayfield a Patriot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is definitely gone second day, I'd bet a lot.
Yeah you’re probably right. I wouldn’t say it’s a reach. A few years under Brady would do wonders.

Luke Falk would be my choice for QB in this draft.

With a year or two on the bench, yes. As a savior, he's not the guy. He'd be ideal for us.

Too scared to get measured today at the senior bowl. We know he won't measure taller than 6-0 since he looks 5-11-6-0

Wrong again. Next time make sure your information is correct before posting. There’s sources saying he measured in at 6’ 3/8” 216lbs.

Mason Rudolph is my QB of this draft.

He has the size, the arm and has one of the best deep balls I’ve seen for a while.

Not sure what others think of him.. have a feeling he will more than likely be gone before we pick.

Let’s just get another qb from Michigan. Prefer a system qb

He has the size, the arm and has one of the best deep balls I’ve seen for a while.

Not sure what others think of him.. have a feeling he will more than likely be gone before we pick.

I wouldn't hate the pick, but I think he's got accuracy and awareness issues. His WR's bailed him out an awful lot, and he's not going to throw a pass into a tight window where only his guy can get it, but he does have huge upside if he can iron out the issues.

Kiper has Mayfield going to Washington at #13
CBS Sports has him going to the Jets at #6
Walter Football has him going to the Jets at #6
Newsday has him going to Denver at #5

I know these numbers will change often in the upcoming months, but right now looks like some sort of wish that is not based on a lot of realty..

There’s no way he’s available after #12

I’m in agreement with him being gone at number five

Rudolph may shoot up the charts. If he doesn't a selection of him and Braxton Berrios later on (as an Edelman/Amendola replacement) would make me a happy man on the offensive side of the ball. Everything else would be gravy.

Rudolph may shoot up the charts. If he doesn't a selection of him and Braxton Berrios later on (as an Edelman/Amendola replacement) would make me a happy man on the offensive side of the ball. Everything else would be gravy.

I’d be surprised if he didn’t shoot up personally.

Why isn't Rudolph rated more highly? Because he can't run with the ball?

I just don't see BB drafting a shorty who is destined to be a roll-out QB because of his inability to see down field from the pocket.
Roll-out QBs utilize only one side of the field
Roll-out QBs are more exposed to injury. Bledsoe and Jimmy Perfect G are two Patriots examples of bad things that can happen when the QB leaves the pocket.
Sure, diminutive Russell Wilson is having success but that pass offense seems more improvisational than coached. Unlikely BB prefers this style

But....for a #2 QB....absolutely....give me the mobile QB who can make plays despite lack of practice reps.

Why isn't Rudolph rated more highly? Because he can't run with the ball?

He comes from a very simple spread system (though his accuracy seems to be there, but he's also throwing to a lot of wide open targets). Because of that, he usually doesn't have to do a lot of pre-snap reads, nor does he have to go through progressions very often. Another knock on him is his smaller hands and how he may have trouble handling the ball in the elements. And while he's somewhat participating in practices, he's nursing an injury and can't play in the Senior Bowl. Mayfield, on the other hand, played in a more pro-style offense and appears to be more NFL-ready. He just has a massive chip on his shoulder and an attitude to go along with it (on top of the aforementioned size issue).

I have posted it before ... if Daniel Jones is in the draft then Belichick is grabbing him. Needs a few years of work ... he has all the tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents