PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bradford: Baker Mayfield a Patriot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the names of players who put up great #s in B12 and went to the NFL in recent years: Bryce Petty, Geno Smith, Boykin, McCoy, Landry Jones, Brandon Weeden, Robert Griffin, Ryan Tannehill, Blaine Gabbert, Graham Harrell, Chase Daniel, Zach Robinson, Josh Freeman, Vince Young.

Only Sam Bradford has become a starter in the league.

The list of B12 QBs is a veritable who's who of NFL busts, especially the highly drafted guys like Geno, Weeden, Griffin, Tannehill, Gabbert, Bradford and Vince Young.

Last edited:
Rosen, Darnold,Allen, Lock and Falk over the puny Mayfield. I hate clowns that inflate their height stats. He claims 6'2"...he's just about 6'1".
What do you have against short people? I am offended. You must apologize with the contrition of a 1000 hail Marys

Upstater....

yeah, I confused TCU with T Tech, so I deleted my post. I guess Sam Bradford is the B12 QB flag bearer, huh?

You could maybe count Troy Aikman, who I recall started at OU and then transferred to UCLA after 2 years

Upstater....

yeah, I confused TCU with T Tech, so I deleted my post. I guess Sam Bradford is the B12 QB flag bearer, huh?

You could maybe count Troy Aikman, who I recall started at OU and then transferred to UCLA after 2 years

Aikman is so long ago. I assume they must have had good QBs back then. It's only in the last decade that the conference went crazy and decided not to play defense, thereby fooling many NFL teams in the process.

If you want a good receiver, the B12 produces plenty of them. QBs? Not so much.

I don't think we will draft a QB this April. Hoyer here to stay come rain or shine. At best I think it will be a project 6th/7th rounder/practice squad player. If there is 6 or 7 going in the first round this year then many of those teams will not be double dipping in 2019 making QBs a better value that year. Must admit, wouldn't mind taking TE Andrew with out first pick, but I see us going corner as the draft depth there is really good this year.

I don't think we will draft a QB this April. Hoyer here to stay come rain or shine. At best I think it will be a project 6th/7th rounder/practice squad player. If there is 6 or 7 going in the first round this year then many of those teams will not be double dipping in 2019 making QBs a better value that year. Must admit, wouldn't mind taking TE Andrew with out first pick, but I see us going corner as the draft depth there is really good this year.

TE could be an area we address. The group is pretty good with Andrews fumagali and gisicki.

To me the most apt comparison is Brett Favre.
Mayfield's build and style is way more like Favre, 6'2", than Manziel. Let's not forget Wilson is 5'11". One thing he has that is very BB/Brady like is his ability to use adversity to drive himself, as he walked on twice. Carrying "the pretenders" sign might not have been a Patriot move, but the thought behind it was 100 % Patriot attitude, with playing with a chip on his shoulder.

Too short

Such an underrated rapper. Personal top 5 for me.

I don't think it's a "lock" either. Obvious need and there are a few I'd take if there but I think it's far from a lock.

I like Andrews. Everyone should check out Dallas Goedert tho.

Too short

In all seriousness I think many have proved it's possible, in terms of being shorter. Jimmy was 6'2 and added muscle while here. Small hands.

Last edited:
Robert Foster is a wr

Why yes. Yes he is. I honestly don't know why I listed him as a LB. In my defense, I claim a more-than-usual addled brain from a weekend of NFL and college games, followed by insufficient sleep. Regardless, that's my story and I'm sticking with it. :)

Ruben Foster, Robert Foster, honest mistake

Hard to debate Mayfield when he’ll be long gone by at least 12-15 picks ahead of us, anyway. Can’t see him lasting past the mid-late teens or early 20s.

Rosen, Darnold,Allen, Lock and Falk over the puny Mayfield. I hate clowns that inflate their height stats. He claims 6'2"...he's just about 6'1".
6’1” works fine in the NFL. Had Flutie been given a fair chance, I believe he could have flourished in the NFL.

Drew Brees is just 6 feet even

You're joking, right? He's not even 6'0. You must be much shorter than you think. A legit 6-1 looks tallish on the football field.

6’1” works fine in the NFL. Had Flutie been given a fair chance, I believe he could have flourished in the NFL.

Drew Brees is just 6 feet even

Rodgers is a measured 6-1 at his pro day. Always looks shorter than 6-2 Brett Favre.

Mayfield is 5-11. He looks 5-11 physically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back