PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Black Monday thread: the NFL Coaching Carousel

maybe, but it’s getting them Rodgers/adams. Ultimately they will be a better team in 2022
No, someone started a rumor that it’s getting them Rodgers and adams. There is an enormous chasm between “I’m hiring an offensive coordinator to be my head coach” and “we are trading for a top tier qb and signing his wr simply because we hired their oc”

23rd ranked offense says no.

Plus Rodgers and Adams could follow.
How does where there offense is ranked have anything to do with whether the coach they hired is any good?
By that argument all the coaches the jete hired should be in the HOF.

No, someone started a rumor that it’s getting them Rodgers and adams. There is an enormous chasm between “I’m hiring an offensive coordinator to be my head coach” and “we are trading for a top tier qb and signing his wr simply because we hired their oc”

Let's revisit this in a few months once Rodgers and Adams make up their minds as far as where they want to be in 2022. I wouldn't call Hackett an "awful hire" - he's an unknown at this point.

Let's revisit this in a few months once Rodgers and Adams make up their minds as far as where they want to be in 2022. I wouldn't call Hackett an "awful hire" - he's an unknown at this point.
What do you think makes him a good hire? He spend the last 3 years as OC under a HC who runs the offense getting no more out of the offense than it did before he got there and before that coached himself out of jobs in Jacksonville and buffalo.
He’s not an unknown, he’s a guy with a track record, and it’s not impressive.

How does where there offense is ranked have anything to do with whether the coach they hired is any good?
By that argument all the coaches the jete hired should be in the HOF.
Who knew that hiring an offensive coordinator for HC doesn't improve the offense?

What do the Jets have to do with the Broncos? Nothing.

Who knew that hiring an offensive coordinator for HC doesn't improve the offense?

What do the Jets have to do with the Broncos? Nothing.
Why would it? They didn’t hire a GOOD OC they hired a slug.
Every team has an offensive coordinator, it’s not a novel idea.

Sorry, I’ll connect the dots, I know you are slow.
You think that a bad team on offense hiring someone who is an offensive coordinator makes him a good hire. The jete have made many hc hires that came from a side of the ball they sucked on. So your logic says they were good hires.
They were bad on offense and hired Gase, an OC. That didn’t mean he was a good hire, because he wasn’t.

What do you think makes him a good hire? He spend the last 3 years as OC under a HC who runs the offense getting no more out of the offense than it did before he got there and before that coached himself out of jobs in Jacksonville and buffalo.
When all else fails manufacture BS.

The Packers were always top 10 out scoring opponents under Hackett.

When all else fails manufacture BS.

The Packers were always top 10 out scoring opponents under Hackett.

They were 15th is scoring the first year.
They were no better in his tenure than they have been since rodgers has been there.

Why would it? They didn’t hire a GOOD OC they hired a slug.
Every team has an offensive coordinator, it’s not a novel idea.

Sorry, I’ll connect the dots, I know you are slow.
You think that a bad team on offense hiring someone who is an offensive coordinator makes him a good hire. The jete have made many hc hires that came from a side of the ball they sucked on. So your logic says they were good hires.
They were bad on offense and hired Gase, an OC. That didn’t mean he was a good hire, because he wasn’t.
Why would Denver want a better offense than 23rd with Mahomes and Herbert in their division?

They should hire you before making this huge mistake. NFL teams are missing out on your genius football knowledge.

I didn't say he WAS good hire. Yes, Lafleur runs the offense in GB. Therefore, it's difficult to tell whether or not the offense's failings are strictly on the HC or OC. The whole purpose of getting Hackett is to lure Rodgers and Adams. That alone would make them an AFC powerhouse. And they can win a super bowl with a mediocre HC just like Denver did in 2015.

Last edited:
They were 15th is scoring the first year.
They were no better in his tenure than they have been since rodgers has been there.
The Packers were 13 - 3.

Good call.

Why would Denver want a better offense than 23rd with Mahomes and Herbert in their division?

They should hire you before making this huge mistake. NFL teams are missing out on your genius football knowledge.
No they should hire a good coach. They didn’t.

I didn't say he WAS good hire. Yes, Lafleur runs the offense in GB. Therefore, it's difficult to tell whether or not the offense's failings are strictly on the HC or OC. The whole purpose of getting Hackett is to lure Rodgers and Adams. That alone would make them an AFC powerhouse. And they can win a super bowl with a mediocre HC just like Denver did in 2015.
Who said the sole purpose was to get Rodgers?
You are more likely to attract the player you want by hiring a good coach instead of a jag.

I’m sure they would love to have a better offense. They need one. That is exactly why hiring this guy is a bad hire.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back